Gnomaterial

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
fishman

Gnomaterial

Post #1 by fishman » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:54 pm

My opponent special summons aluber while I control Evil Twin Trouble Sunny and a Gnomaterial in hand. My opponent activated the effect of aluber, and I chain trouble sunny( tributing for its effect). Can I activate gnormaterial in chain to my trouble sunny effect since my opponent special summoned aluber, and I technically control no cards? Basically the chain would
Be cl 1 aluber, cl 2 trouble sunny, and cl 3 gnomaterial?

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #2 by Fredblade » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:16 pm

fishman wrote:My opponent special summons aluber while I control Evil Twin Trouble Sunny and a Gnomaterial in hand. My opponent activated the effect of aluber, and I chain trouble sunny( tributing for its effect). Can I activate gnormaterial in chain to my trouble sunny effect since my opponent special summoned aluber, and I technically control no cards? Basically the chain would
Be cl 1 aluber, cl 2 trouble sunny, and cl 3 gnomaterial?

Gnomaterial is not a quick effect, is a spell speed 1 trigger so once you activate an optional quick effect like Sunny Trouble you already missed the chance to activate Gnomaterial.
In conclusion: Spell Speed 1 effects cannot be chained to Spell Speed 2 effects. Gnomaterial is Spell Speed 1, Trouble Sunny is Spell Speed 2, you cannot chain Gnomaterial to Trouble Sunny.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”