Banishing more than 2 monsters with Machina Ruinforce

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
! Heart of the cards

Banishing more than 2 monsters with Machina Ruinforce

Post #1 by ! Heart of the cards » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:25 am

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Machina_Ruinforce

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your GY) by banishing Machine monsters from your GY whose total Levels equal 12 or more..."

When it says 12 or MORE, I took it to mean I could banish as many machine monsters in my graveyard as I want.

I'm trying to use this card in a combo and the simulator is not letting me banish more than two monsters.

ie: if I have one of each level 3, level 9, and level 8 machine monsters in my GY, The sim is only allowing me to either banish the level 8 + 9 OR level 9 + 3

But what I really want to do is banish the level 3 and 8.

Is this just a mistake from the sim? or am I legally allowed to banish the 3+8+9 from my GY?

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:08 pm

! Heart of the cards wrote:https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Machina_Ruinforce

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your GY) by banishing Machine monsters from your GY whose total Levels equal 12 or more..."

When it says 12 or MORE, I took it to mean I could banish as many machine monsters in my graveyard as I want.

I'm trying to use this card in a combo and the simulator is not letting me banish more than two monsters.

ie: if I have one of each level 3, level 9, and level 8 machine monsters in my GY, The sim is only allowing me to either banish the level 8 + 9 OR level 9 + 3

But what I really want to do is banish the level 3 and 8.

Is this just a mistake from the sim? or am I legally allowed to banish the 3+8+9 from my GY?

It is the same type of thing as a Ritual Summon. You can't continue to banish once you meet the requirement, nor is there an order to it, so you can't say "I'm going to banish 3, then 8, then 9".
Buy Floowandereeze

! Heart of the cards

Post #3 by ! Heart of the cards » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:03 pm

thanks!

Return to “Rulings Q&A”