lyrilusc - ensemblue robin

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
doublechari

lyrilusc - ensemblue robin

Post #1 by doublechari » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:10 am

if the title's cards get a kaiju, can i activate the effect from gy?

my oppo said i can't chain but i hard belive that,
The second queston is:

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=889369-35862743

this is the replay can i change the rank of mine? because if i could activated it i would have won

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 am

A similar question was asked on reddit regarding Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax, a monster whose effect was worded similarly to Lyrilusc - Ensemblue Robin. https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugioh101/comments/ff541n/sent_by_opponents_card_vs_sent_by_opponents_card/

The answer given was that if your link summoned Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax got tributed for the special summon of one of those opponent's Kaijus and sent to the graveyard as a result, your monster counts as if it was "sent to the GY by an opponent's card," so you could use Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax's "If this Link Summoned card you control is sent to the GY by an opponent's card" effect.

It's safe to assume the same thing applies to Lyrilusc - Ensemblue Robin.

bobbynit

Post #3 by bobbynit » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:29 am

i beleive that tributing a card would be considered sent by a card effect

Wek

Post #4 by Wek » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:21 pm

bobbynit wrote:i beleive that tributing a card would be considered sent by a card effect

It's not. Whether it tributes or not has no bearing on if it's sent by a card effect. Tributing for a Kaiju definitely isn't being sent by a card effect.

Wek

Post #5 by Wek » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:24 pm

doublechari wrote:if the title's cards get a kaiju, can i activate the effect from gy?

my oppo said i can't chain but i hard belive that,
The second queston is:

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=889369-35862743

this is the replay can i change the rank of mine? because if i could activated it i would have won

Robin being tributed by an opposing Kaiju will make it be sent by an opposing card. The trigger is met.

Just say what the scenario was in the replay you're asking about.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #6 by Ir0n » Fri May 06, 2022 10:30 pm

Wek is correct, Robin can trigger here. Some friendly advice: you aren't really using the term "chain" correctly. You only "chain" in response to an opponent's effect activation.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”