Juragedo after all the attacks

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
TheGeminiGod

Juragedo after all the attacks

Post #1 by TheGeminiGod » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 pm

So, I am sometimes playing a deck that contains the card Juragedo, which has the following effect :

During either player's Battle Step: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, gain 1000 LP

Now, it happened to me a few times that I ended up with no monsters on the field, and I wanted to wait after my opponent has declared an attack with all of his monsters to be able to get a link/XYZ material for my next turn without taking the risk that Juragedo would be destroyed by battle. I checked some stuff about the battle step and it appeared to me that we are still in the battle step after a damage step ended. But, about 3/4 of the times I attempted to do that, people told me I couldn't, and they never had the patience to wait for a judge.

I also got some people telling me "Well, you should've said you had something at the end of the battle step", even though that would give information that is not supposed to be public knowledge to my opponent. or even "We're not in the battle phase anymore, so too late", while I have yet to see one single person declaring the end of the battle step on their turn.

So, can I wait that my opponent has attacked with all of his monsters to summon Juragedo? And how should I proceed to summon Juragedo when my opponent doesn't declare that he is ending his battle step by immediately pressing the M2, EP or End Turn button?

Yang Xiao Long

Post #2 by Yang Xiao Long » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Once your opponent has attacked with their last monster and the damage step ends, you will return to the battle step. that is the point you want to activate juragedo because normally after reentering the battle step, a player who has no more monsters to attack with will move from the battle step to the end step.
Hashira | Tournament Organizer | Tournament Champion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheGeminiGod

Post #3 by TheGeminiGod » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Does he have to declare he is ending his battle step?

MadRest

Post #4 by MadRest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Yes, they have to declare it, and it won't end unless both players agree to it.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”