Explain this?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Renji Asuka

Re: Explain this?

Post #81 by Renji Asuka » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:57 am

Lunhill wrote:wtfe ill be back in 10 days to kick yalls ass some more and make you all ur flip little monkeys

Can I just point out that the way Lunhill used "monkeys" is actually racist?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #82 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:13 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Lunhill wrote:wtfe ill be back in 10 days to kick yalls ass some more and make you all ur flip little monkeys

How?

Lunhill

Post #83 by Lunhill » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:42 am

ROFL!!!!!! yall are sad excuses for human beings.

Lunhill

Post #84 by Lunhill » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:44 am

Monkeys.... ya know as in the wind-up back flipping monkeys... you assuming it has anything to do with race is pretty racist.....

Renji Asuka

Post #85 by Renji Asuka » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:01 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

How?

Monkey can be considered a racial slur towards blacks.

Christen57

Post #86 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:42 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Can I just point out that the way Lunhill used "monkeys" is actually racist?

How?

Monkey doesn't refer to a race or color. It refers to an animal, like Dog, Cat, and so on. I'm black and I don't find any animal name racist. Rude? Yes, but racist? No.

Lunhill wrote:ROFL!!!!!! yall are sad excuses for human beings.

We're not the ones who made up fake terms like "gatekeeping by the judges," tried to illegally activate Forbidden Droplet, held up a game for over 2 hours over that illegal activation, then said a bunch of unnecessary and inappropriate stuff to our opponents.

greg503

Post #87 by greg503 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:51 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
How?

Monkey doesn't refer to a race or color. It refers to an animal, like Dog, Cat, and so on. I'm black and I don't find any animal name racist. Rude? Yes, but racist? No.
Cracker refers to a food, yet it was used as a racial slur. This is about history more than the current era.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #88 by Christen57 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:20 pm

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Monkey can be considered a racial slur towards blacks.

Cracker refers to a food, yet it was used as a racial slur. This is about history more than the current era.

Not once in my life have I ever heard or seen someone use "cracker" as an insult or slur.

Lunhill

Post #89 by Lunhill » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:25 am

rofl.... this writes itself....

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #90 by Lil Oldman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:43 am

man, these trolls should start getting creative, they wont do for funny Ace Attorney things lmao
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #91 by Renji Asuka » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:46 am

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Not once in my life have I ever heard or seen someone use "cracker" as an insult or slur.

Just because you haven't heard of it being used like that, doesn't mean it can't be a slur or insult

troglyte
Mood:

Post #92 by troglyte » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:27 am

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I highly doubt Lunhill's intention was to use 'monkey' as a slur, on the grounds that I don't think he's capable of thinking that far ahead. Aside from that, I don't see how this has anything to do with the conversation at hand.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Christen57

Post #93 by Christen57 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:32 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Just because you haven't heard of it being used like that, doesn't mean it can't be a slur or insult

So what? Does that mean everything is an insult? Because by that logic, if I address you as anything, it might as well be an insult, like if you address me by my name Christen, it's probably now an insult to do so since someone in this world may have at some point called someone a Christen as an insult, even though a person's name is usually the proper way to address them, or if you're trying to be respectful and professional by addressing them as "Sir" or "Ma'am" even though both of those would also now be insults by your logic.

On one hand, I get what you're trying to say. We need to pick our words carefully because a single word can mean various things depending on the context, like how "fly" could refer to either the insect, or the act of flying in the air.
On the other hand, however, nothing about the context in which Lunhill used "monkey" suggests racism.

Renji Asuka

Post #94 by Renji Asuka » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:52 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

So what? Does that mean everything is an insult? Because by that logic, if I address you as anything, it might as well be an insult, like if you address me by my name Christen, it's probably now an insult to do so since someone in this world may have at some point called someone a Christen as an insult, even though a person's name is usually the proper way to address them, or if you're trying to be respectful and professional by addressing them as "Sir" or "Ma'am" even though both of those would also now be insults by your logic.

On one hand, I get what you're trying to say. We need to pick our words carefully because a single word can mean various things depending on the context, like how "fly" could refer to either the insect, or the act of flying in the air.
On the other hand, however, nothing about the context in which Lunhill used "monkey" suggests racism.

I really recommend reading what will be in your DM.

Christen57

Post #95 by Christen57 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:23 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Just because you haven't heard of it being used like that, doesn't mean it can't be a slur or insult

This "DM" I got from you was just these 3 links:

The first link doesn't make much sense since humans evolved from primates, so just drawing a similarity or two between us and some animal doesn't automatically make one racist. Humans can be compared to any creature no matter who is what skin color, and at least 1 similarity will always be found between that human and the creature in question. I can find a similarity between a human and an ant because they both have legs. I can find a similarity between a human and an elephant because they both have brains. Simply acknowledging these small similarities whenever they come up doesn't automatically make one racist.
The second link makes no sense since Lunhill didn't specifically say "porch monkey," only "monkey".
The third link makes no sense because it's trying to say that calling a black person a monkey is bad but it doesn't seem to have an issue when other races like white and asian are called monkey, only black. If calling someone a monkey is bad, it should be bad to call any race monkey, not just blacks.

In general, I think calling any person any animal as an insult (whether it's monkey, bird, tiger, etc) is childish and should be avoided, just like how calling someone something weird like "doodoo head" is childish and should be avoided.

Renji Asuka

Post #96 by Renji Asuka » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:02 am

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

The first link doesn't make much sense since humans evolved from primates, so just drawing a similarity or two between us and some animal doesn't automatically make one racist. Humans can be compared to any creature no matter who is what skin color, and at least 1 similarity will always be found between that human and the creature in question. I can find a similarity between a human and an ant because they both have legs. I can find a similarity between a human and an elephant because they both have brains. Simply acknowledging these small similarities whenever they come up doesn't automatically make one racist.
The second link makes no sense since Lunhill didn't specifically say "porch monkey," only "monkey".
The third link makes no sense because it's trying to say that calling a black person a monkey is bad but it doesn't seem to have an issue when other races like white and asian are called monkey, only black. If calling someone a monkey is bad, it should be bad to call any race monkey, not just blacks.

In general, I think calling any person any animal as an insult (whether it's monkey, bird, tiger, etc) is childish and should be avoided, just like how calling someone something weird like "doodoo head" is childish and should be avoided.

There is a reason why I sent those links into PMs, as to keep politics away from public threads. And what do you do? You posted them...bruh...

greg503

Post #97 by greg503 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:14 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I really recommend reading what will be in your DM.

There is a reason why I sent those links into PMs, as to keep politics away from public threads. And what do you do? You posted them...bruh...

I think you meant to say something to the effect of "in-depth discussion of what is/was racist" instead of "politics"
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #98 by Renji Asuka » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:31 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I think you meant to say something to the effect of "in-depth discussion of what is/was racist" instead of "politics"

The talk of racism is rooted into politics as it is a topic that does pop up in politics often.

Christen57

Post #99 by Christen57 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I really recommend reading what will be in your DM.

I didn't notice anything "political" about any of those 3 links.

Renji Asuka wrote:The talk of racism is rooted into politics as it is a topic that does pop up in politics often.

Racism can be included in political discussions, yes, but it doesn't always have to include politics. In this case, you're the only one who's been bringing these things up, not me or Lunhill.

Renji Asuka

Post #100 by Renji Asuka » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:24 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I didn't notice anything "political" about any of those 3 links.

Renji Asuka wrote:The talk of racism is rooted into politics as it is a topic that does pop up in politics often.

Racism can be included in political discussions, yes, but it doesn't always have to include politics. In this case, you're the only one who's been bringing these things up, not me or Lunhill.

All I did was state that it could be seen as racist. You wanted to get deeper into it. I provided you some sources on how in DM so that you'd educate yourself and either continue in DMs or kept quiet on the public side. You did neither.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”