Explain this?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Lunhill

Explain this?

Post #1 by Lunhill » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:44 am

Lunhill: i like how u cancel duel so i cant post it.... u litterally told him to play... then punished me... makes no sense.....
Kitty Trouble: And then I checked your history, and you have a long history of trolling and potentiall beginner
Kitty Trouble: You should know the rules better before playing in rated
Lunhill: ... a long history... i should know the rules? u fail to look deep enough into the issue.... did u read public chat? we were in the call an hour bc that was the 3rd time he had misplayed
Lunhill: he attempted to normal twice, he didnt understand dpe didnt target... and ur gonna set me to beginner for? missreading a colon? ummm....
Kitty Trouble: For expecting him to activate an effect that he can't activate
Kitty Trouble: You can't activate an effect if you can't pay the cost
Lunhill: u cant normal summon a monster twice either
Kitty Trouble: If your opponent took an hour to correct that after explanation perhaps I'd set them to beginner too
Lunhill: took longer then that to explain dpe didnt target,,, there is record of that in public chat...
Lunhill: However setting me to begginer bc i didnt accept his draw is the issue...
Lunhill: u didnt repremand me to begin with u told him to play he didnt want to and u did after the fact? how does that make any sense?
Lunhill: we sat in the duel another 5 mins after that... he didnt wanna loose... and ur catering to blobfish... 2 birds one stone
Kitty Trouble: I don't have anything more to say about this issue, so you're just blowing up my DMs at this point
Kitty Trouble: And preventing me from answering others DMs
Lunhill: ... uh sorry however since ur the one who made the ruling aint really anyone else to dm about it is there? i just would like to know why u told him to conrinue and after i didnt accept draw then deal out some punishment? i dont believe a draw is mandatory is it?
Kitty Trouble: posting.php?mode=post&f=6
Kitty Trouble: It was because you were expecting to force him to activate an effect paying a cost that he couldn't pay
Lunhill: you then told him to continue...
Kitty Trouble: And it's not fair to force players to wait for a full hour because their opponent doesn't know you can't pay costs that you can;t' pay
Kitty Trouble: I hadnt checked your history before when I said that
Lunhill: my history..... what exactly does this mean? the same bs like over a year ago? that what ur refurring to? seems irrelavant
Lunhill: so why did u day it then... u made a ruling i attempted to continue play he refused and you rewarded him... then went back on ur ruling.... that litterally makes no sense at all
Kitty Trouble: You should know that you can't activate effects without paying costs before playing in rated. As such, I don't find that you currently know the rules well enough to play in rated
Lunhill: but my opp who doesnt know what a none targeting effect and attempted to normal twice does? that makes sense....
Kitty Trouble: Did they take an hour to resolve those issues?
Lunhill: sure did
Lunhill: had u read logs u would have seen that
Lunhill: I kept my mouth shut let him talk and was punished... no logic in that what so ever
Lunhill: I cant determine when a judge isnt or is on... also seems pretty convinceing of an argument since the effect says YOU CAN.... not reading as mandatory if u miss that its a cost....
Lunhill: i had him beat regardless.. the point in all of it was after having to discuss the issue in length twice prior we coild just wait for a judge... it was agreed upon... there was no mention of being in any rush until you told him to continue
Lunhill: OnlyForJoy: that dude who had me waiting for a judge for an hour and a half, got turned into a Beginner as punishment, damn
Lunhill: but thats ok in public... see the point yet?
Lunhill: he must be at work tho huh?
Kitty Trouble is offlin

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:52 am

Why not post the replay instead of that?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lunhill

Post #3 by Lunhill » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:54 am

i cant the duel was canceled there is no replay

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:36 am

Lunhill wrote:Lunhill: i like how u cancel duel so i cant post it.... u litterally told him to play... then punished me... makes no sense.....
Kitty Trouble: And then I checked your history, and you have a long history of trolling and potentiall beginner
Kitty Trouble: You should know the rules better before playing in rated
Lunhill: ... a long history... i should know the rules? u fail to look deep enough into the issue.... did u read public chat? we were in the call an hour bc that was the 3rd time he had misplayed
Lunhill: he attempted to normal twice, he didnt understand dpe didnt target... and ur gonna set me to beginner for? missreading a colon? ummm....
Kitty Trouble: For expecting him to activate an effect that he can't activate
Kitty Trouble: You can't activate an effect if you can't pay the cost
Lunhill: u cant normal summon a monster twice either
Kitty Trouble: If your opponent took an hour to correct that after explanation perhaps I'd set them to beginner too
Lunhill: took longer then that to explain dpe didnt target,,, there is record of that in public chat...
Lunhill: However setting me to begginer bc i didnt accept his draw is the issue...
Lunhill: u didnt repremand me to begin with u told him to play he didnt want to and u did after the fact? how does that make any sense?
Lunhill: we sat in the duel another 5 mins after that... he didnt wanna loose... and ur catering to blobfish... 2 birds one stone
Kitty Trouble: I don't have anything more to say about this issue, so you're just blowing up my DMs at this point
Kitty Trouble: And preventing me from answering others DMs
Lunhill: ... uh sorry however since ur the one who made the ruling aint really anyone else to dm about it is there? i just would like to know why u told him to conrinue and after i didnt accept draw then deal out some punishment? i dont believe a draw is mandatory is it?
Kitty Trouble: posting.php?mode=post&f=6
Kitty Trouble: It was because you were expecting to force him to activate an effect paying a cost that he couldn't pay
Lunhill: you then told him to continue...
Kitty Trouble: And it's not fair to force players to wait for a full hour because their opponent doesn't know you can't pay costs that you can;t' pay
Kitty Trouble: I hadnt checked your history before when I said that
Lunhill: my history..... what exactly does this mean? the same bs like over a year ago? that what ur refurring to? seems irrelavant
Lunhill: so why did u day it then... u made a ruling i attempted to continue play he refused and you rewarded him... then went back on ur ruling.... that litterally makes no sense at all
Kitty Trouble: You should know that you can't activate effects without paying costs before playing in rated. As such, I don't find that you currently know the rules well enough to play in rated
Lunhill: but my opp who doesnt know what a none targeting effect and attempted to normal twice does? that makes sense....
Kitty Trouble: Did they take an hour to resolve those issues?
Lunhill: sure did
Lunhill: had u read logs u would have seen that
Lunhill: I kept my mouth shut let him talk and was punished... no logic in that what so ever
Lunhill: I cant determine when a judge isnt or is on... also seems pretty convinceing of an argument since the effect says YOU CAN.... not reading as mandatory if u miss that its a cost....
Lunhill: i had him beat regardless.. the point in all of it was after having to discuss the issue in length twice prior we coild just wait for a judge... it was agreed upon... there was no mention of being in any rush until you told him to continue
Lunhill: OnlyForJoy: that dude who had me waiting for a judge for an hour and a half, got turned into a Beginner as punishment, damn
Lunhill: but thats ok in public... see the point yet?
Lunhill: he must be at work tho huh?
Kitty Trouble is offlin

Renji Asuka wrote:Why not post the replay instead of that?

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=34485316

Apparently, Lunhill was set to beginner for rule-sharking his opponent for over half an hour over a minor mistake his opponent made.
The opponent overlayed their 2 dark monsters, Lunhill assumed his opponent was going for an xyz summon, the opponent instead brought out Wee Witch's Apprentice (a link monster) from their extra deck and claimed they were link summoning it using those 2 dark monsters.
Lunhill held up the game demanding to know why the opponent overlayed those monsters if they were link summoning and not xyz summoning, and instead of simply sending the overlayed monsters to the graveyard, correcting the minor mistake, and moving on, the two of them argued about this for several minutes.
Eventually a judge got called in (Kitty Trouble of course) and set Lunhill to beginner for both rule-sharking and refusing to allow his opponent to just send the overlayed cards to the graveyard and move on with the game.

The judge also saw that Lunhill had a history of rule-sharking like this, like when Lunhill rule-sharked his opponent over that other minor mistake involving that field spell instead of letting them correct the minor mistake.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #5 by troglyte » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:28 am

Additional context regarding Lunhill's history... viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8730
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #6 by Lil Oldman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:33 am

so he didn't find another platform lol
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Sound4

Post #7 by Sound4 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:27 pm

Interesting

Lunhill

Post #8 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:59 am

more context.... my opp overlaid, linked, then resummoned the monsters activated dark world, then overlaid again, said nvm, linked finally into the witch then activated dark world again. Now read dark world... it says YOU CAN banish 1, how horrible of me to think he had already activated dark world so he couldnt lol.Whats failed to be mentioned is my opp calling a judge regarding DPE... having to explain this to them for an equivelant amount of time, calling him on an extra normal summon, and by this point just being over it. AS well as we both agreed to wait for a judge... so im not sure where anything your siting has anything to do with the situation nor am not sure how anything from march 2020 has any relevancy to the issue...

Lunhill

Post #9 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:03 am

Also I had no issue continuing the game... my opp wanted a win refused to continue play and offered a draw, when i refused the draw, and Kitty was asked to "help me" by my opp that is when i was set to begiinner. I had no issue returning to playing and even appologized for being wrong.... so im unsure why the facts are being presented incorrectly.... bc the only thing is question was my opp activating his field spell twice in 1 turn....

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:49 am

Lunhill, you literally could not stand the fact that the opponent didn't realize he had nothing to banish from Gates, that and you were complaining about him overlaying when he'd send the mats to the GY. You were literally trying to ruleshark him.

We all see this in the replay.

That isn't going into the fact that you don't know how PSCT works. You shouldn't had been in rated to begin with.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt

Post #11 by Debt » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:12 am

Oh look, it's Lunhill being a fucking weasel. Again.

Lunhill

Post #12 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:10 am

rofl yall are some hating asses in here rofl. And this dude above me is touched in the head on a real special level.

Lunhill

Post #13 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:18 am

I had the game won regardless of anything he did period... so why would i have to ruleshark him? oh i didnt... had absolutely nothing to do with it. If thats the excuse your gonna give why were we instructed to continue in the first place....

Lunhill

Post #14 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:19 am

do streamers pay a % ? asking for a friend

Lunhill

Post #15 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:22 am

only after i refused to draw and my opp had to go to work.... and specifically asked the judge.... and i quote.... "kitty, Help me!" was anything done by the judge in regards to any of this. so can you explain to me why that was the key factor? bc ole boy was posting in public chat 20 mins later... so plz dont say that.

Lunhill

Post #16 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 am

Ya.... i bet that falls on deft ears tho... bc there is no way you can deny that can you?

Lunhill

Post #17 by Lunhill » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:40 am

OnlyForJoy declared effect of "The Gates of Dark World"
Lunhill: k
OnlyForJoy: hmm
Lunhill: ..... fr?
OnlyForJoy: no fiend in gy
Lunhill: so whats ur play
OnlyForJoy: can I figure it out
Lunhill: ... omfg...
OnlyForJoy: stfu
Lunhill: link overlay? activate spell rinse repeat?
Lunhill: u u sed it
Lunhill: u used it...
OnlyForJoy: ?????????
OnlyForJoy: bro are u dubb
Lunhill: u activated it did u not?
OnlyForJoy: im not even entertaining that
Lunhill: ... what?
Lunhill: how many cards u drawing bro?
OnlyForJoy declared effect of "Broww, Huntsman of Dark World"
Lunhill paused the game
OnlyForJoy: If this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect: Draw 1 card
OnlyForJoy: are u special ed
Lunhill: are u?
OnlyForJoy: unpause the fuckin game
OnlyForJoy: we been here long enuff
OnlyForJoy: I got money to make
OnlyForJoy: damn troll
Lunhill: u overlayed the monster... sent to grave.... brought back activated spell... then brought back the monsters... overlayed... sent to grave... linked what u have and activated spell again...
Lunhill: u think this is correct procedure?

From <https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=34485316>

ya ya know im amm the bad guy here huh? .....

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #18 by Fredblade » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:18 am

Lunhill wrote:OnlyForJoy declared effect of "The Gates of Dark World"
Lunhill: k
OnlyForJoy: hmm
Lunhill: ..... fr?
OnlyForJoy: no fiend in gy
Lunhill: so whats ur play
OnlyForJoy: can I figure it out
Lunhill: ... omfg...
OnlyForJoy: stfu
Lunhill: link overlay? activate spell rinse repeat?
Lunhill: u u sed it
Lunhill: u used it...
OnlyForJoy: ?????????
OnlyForJoy: bro are u dubb
Lunhill: u activated it did u not?
OnlyForJoy: im not even entertaining that
Lunhill: ... what?
Lunhill: how many cards u drawing bro?
OnlyForJoy declared effect of "Broww, Huntsman of Dark World"
Lunhill paused the game
OnlyForJoy: If this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect: Draw 1 card
OnlyForJoy: are u special ed
Lunhill: are u?
OnlyForJoy: unpause the fuckin game
OnlyForJoy: we been here long enuff
OnlyForJoy: I got money to make
OnlyForJoy: damn troll
Lunhill: u overlayed the monster... sent to grave.... brought back activated spell... then brought back the monsters... overlayed... sent to grave... linked what u have and activated spell again...
Lunhill: u think this is correct procedure?

From <https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=34485316>

ya ya know im amm the bad guy here huh? .....

He didn't activated the field spell again he had no fiends in GY to banish, so the first activation wasn't even possible you were just sharking at that point, and the overlay was also a nitpick.

Genexwrecker

Post #19 by Genexwrecker » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:03 pm

To be fair I do not think beginner was appropriate here
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Christen57

Post #20 by Christen57 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:21 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:To be fair I do not think beginner was appropriate here

You're saying beginner was too harsh or too lenient?

Return to “Rulings Q&A”