A Utopic Draco can negate the protection of the lvl 10 Demise?

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Adsksr

A Utopic Draco can negate the protection of the lvl 10 Demise?

Post #1 by Adsksr » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:35 am

Due a lucky hand(and poor math that nobody noticed; I tributed Manju and a candoll...), I got to have the two lvl 10 Demise & Ruin in my field at same time in TURN 1, in defense, then my opponent's turn goes and he goes and he uses a combination of B.A. and Phantom Knights to go into Utopia Draco Future and the B.A. link, sets and pass. In my turn, I switch the two to attack and swing, deal 2.5k, took 100(misstook the F0 for it's material) then pass. In their turn, the opponent sets, attacks Ruin, then claims that he negated her effect and stole her...

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:40 am

Better to actually provide a replay
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #3 by Ir0n » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:35 am

Definitely need a replay to say for sure, because this way I'd have to guess what the issue was.

In any case Utopic Draco Future can only negate activated effects, like If you used Ruin's effect after she destroyed something by battle of if you tried to nuke the field with Demise. Any other effects of those two are not activated effects and can thus not be negated by F0.

If you actually used an activated effect and your opponent waited an entire turn before realising they wanted to steal your monster, that's their problem and definitely too late.

Still please provide a replay so the rest of us can be sure to give you a correct ruling.

Adsksr

Post #4 by Adsksr » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:10 pm

Infortunately, I can't provide a replay... it wasn't in this site, but thank you for the replies

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:25 am

Adsksr wrote:Infortunately, I can't provide a replay... it wasn't in this site, but thank you for the replies

So was it irl?
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Rulings Q&A”