Couple rulings I need clarified.

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Flerivous

Couple rulings I need clarified.

Post #1 by Flerivous » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:08 am

Okay, so one is an actual gameplay ruling; the other is a site ruling.
For the gameplay ruling, can Solemn Strike be used to negate Swift Scarecrow, when you discard Swift Scarecrow from the hand?

For the site ruling, what would be the best way to go about excavating?
If I show my whole deck, that's my whole deck; not 3 cards if I'm using Pot of Duality.
If I show the cards in my hand, well then they know my hand.
If I reveal just one card, it shuffles my hand, so my opponent can't be sure that I'm showing the right cards, or if I forget what I drew (as I sometimes am not paying attention before it shuffles), then I can't be sure I'm showing the right cards to begin with.
Maybe this can be a feature added?
Until then, how should I go about excavating?

Flerivous

Post #2 by Flerivous » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:08 am

That works.
A friend & I just couldn't figure it out, but that method works.
Only justification I could see in making it a feature is to speed the game up a bit.

Shugunou

Post #3 by Shugunou » Sun May 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Solemn strike can negate scarecrow as it is an activated monster effect. When you excavate card, the easiest way I have found is to banish them face-up. This way your opponent can see them as well as you. The banish pile is used less than the GY so you are less likely to lose the card. Banishing also gives you the ability to place them in any location you may need after and will show it to your opponent before it goes to your hand or deck so they know what it is.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Remember that you can type "/banish N" in the chat window to banish the top N cards of your deck face-up to excavate
Buy Floowandereeze

Shugunou

Post #5 by Shugunou » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:00 pm

greg503 wrote:Remember that you can type "/banish N" in the chat window to banish the top N cards of your deck face-up to excavate

I did not know that, that will make things easier in customs.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”