trigger locations

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
PENMASTER

trigger locations

Post #1 by PENMASTER » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:06 pm

so lets say the benten vs dd crow thing where if you banish benten before it can activate its effect in gy it cant activate my question is how do you know weather your card can activate while banished if it met its trigger conditions if Hieratic Seal of the Heavenly Spheres was banished before its tributed eff got to activate would it not be able to
another one i have is purple poison magician if its destroyed while lets say virtual world shen shen is on field would it be able to activate while banished because i was told at my locals it would
love2hate

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm

PENMASTER wrote:so lets say the benten vs dd crow thing where if you banish benten before it can activate its effect in gy it cant activate my question is how do you know weather your card can activate while banished if it met its trigger conditions if Hieratic Seal of the Heavenly Spheres was banished before its tributed eff got to activate would it not be able to
another one i have is purple poison magician if its destroyed while lets say virtual world shen shen is on field would it be able to activate while banished because i was told at my locals it would

When the trigger condition is checked the location where the card is currently is set as the location where the effect will activate. Whenever an effect can be activated again, if the cards that trigger are still in the same location then they trigger. If they have been moved, the mechanics that activate trigger effects don't see them, so the effect doesn't activate. See: Cards become a new object when they change zones
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Rulings Q&A”