on resolution of an effect summoning

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
PENMASTER

on resolution of an effect summoning

Post #1 by PENMASTER » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:54 pm

lets say i have a card that will summon or take control of a monster that can negate a summon but my opp chains something like IP masqerana or another similar effect so would the summon be after the chain resolves or directly after if resolves i know it says immediately after but that's what I'm hung up on I'm currently thinking the summon would take place before I get my monster but I want to be clear on it so I have some new strats up my sleeve
love2hate

troglyte
Mood:

Post #2 by troglyte » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:57 pm

I:P's effect lets you Link Summon as a quick effect. So the Link Summon would happen during the chain resolution, not before or after.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #3 by Jedx_EX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:37 pm

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #4 by Ir0n » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Let me make a hypthetical field, to see if I understood your question correctly:

Your opponent has an I:P Masquerena and a Linkuriboh. It's your Main Phase and you activate Monster Reborn targeting an El Shaddoll Grysta in your GY, while having Shaddoll Beast in your hand, making Grystas effect live when it hits the field. Your opponent chains the effect of I:P Masquerena to your Monster Reborn, then the Chain resolves.

In this case your opponent would perform the summon of let's say Knightmare Unicorn and only THEN would your Monster Reborn resolve and summon back El Shaddoll Grysta. So when the I:P Summon was performed, Grysta wasn't even on the field yet. But even if you already had like a Solemn Judgment set I believe that the Chain resolving the same way would still prevent you from being able to Solemn the Link Summon that I:P initiated.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”