Inspector Boarder Citations

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
Monarch Snow

Inspector Boarder Citations

Post #1 by Monarch Snow » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:05 pm

To think Konami actually explained the card so perfectly! This isn't called "Database Citations" just because of this lmao.
If only the TCG did something like this with every card that was hard to understand OR every Thursday like the OCG.
Do note the TCG reference doesn't really have "Card vs. Card" examples, but they do explain the effect of "Inspector Boarder" to make it less confusing.

TCG Citation: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=8538

The rest of the information is translated from here:
OCG Card Database: https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=4&cid=13405&request_locale=ja

Card Text:
Cannot be Normal or Special Summoned if you control a monster.

①:
Neither player can activate a monster effect unless the number of monster effects that player has previously activated that turn is less than the number of monster card types currently on the field (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, and Link). (If an effect’s activation was negated, it still counts toward the total for that turn. Only count effects that were activated while this monster was face-up on the field.)

①: "Cannot be Normal or Special Summoned if you control a monster." is NOT treated as a monster effect. (It is a condition for Normal or Special Summoning "Inspector Boarder".)

②: If there are monsters on your field, you cannot Summon "Inspector Boarder", however you can Set it in face-down Defense Position.

③: The monster effect, "Neither player can activate a monster effect unless the number of monster effects that player has previously activated that turn is less than the number of monster card types currently on the field (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, and Link). (If an effect’s activation was negated, it still counts toward the total for that turn. Only count effects that were activated while this monster was face-up on the field.)" is a Continuous Effect.

*The word "listed" is NOT in the actual translation. I added it to make understanding what the message was saying easier.*

④: While the monster effect, "Neither player can activate a monster effect unless the number of monster effects that player has previously activated that turn is less than the number of monster card types currently on the field (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, and Link). (If an effect’s activation was negated, it still counts toward the total for that turn. Only count effects that were activated while this monster was face-up on the field.)" is applied, each player can activate monster effects up to number of the "listed" Types of face-up monsters in each player's Monster Zones. (If no Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, or Link Monsters are face-up on the field, neither player can activate a monster effect.)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following rulings are found here: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-extreme-force-rulings/
(Also, "Inspector Boarder" was written as "Inspect Boarder" here, but the validity of the rulings & translations is not affected.)
(All credits to Redshift & YGOrganization.)

Q: While there are no monsters on my field, I activate Monster Reborn and target an Inspect Boarder in the Graveyard. If my opponent chains Ojama Trio and Special Summons 3 Ojama Tokens to my field, what happens?

A: Inspect Boarder is a monster that cannot be Normal or Special Summoned if you have any monsters on your field. In this scenario, since there are Ojama Tokens on your field when the effect of Monster Reborn resolves, Inspect Boarder cannot be Special Summoned. (The effect of Monster Reborn is not applied and Inspect Boarder remains in the Graveyard.)

Source: https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=19355&keyword=&tag=-1
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Q: Can I Special Summon Inspect Boarder from my hand in face-down Defense Position with the effect of Subterror Behemoth Fiendess?

A: Inspect Boarder is a monster that cannot be Normal or Special Summoned if you have any monsters on your field. Inspect Boarder cannot be Special Summoned, even in face-down Defense Position, by the effect of Subterror Behemoth Fiendess.

Source: https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=20223&keyword=&tag=-1
Q: Inspect Boarder is face-up in my Main Monster Zone, while my opponent’s Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon is face-up in the Extra Monster Zone. In this situation, while the effect of Inspect Boarder is applying, how many times can each player activate a monster effect per turn?

A: Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon is both an Xyz Monster and a Pendulum Monster. In this scenario, since there are 2 of the listed Monster Card types on the field, each player can activate monster effects twice per turn while the effect of Inspect Boarder is applying.

Source: https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=21491&keyword=&tag=-1
Q: While there are no monsters on the field, my opponent Normal Summons a Traptrix Mantis and activates its effect that adds a “Traptrix” monster from their Deck to their hand. If I chain Call of the Haunted and Special Summon an Inspect Boarder from my Graveyard, how does the effect of Traptrix Mantis resolve?

A: While the effect of Inspect Boarder is applying, each player can activate monster effects a number of times up to the number of listed Monster Card types on the field. In this scenario, the effect of Traptrix Mantis was activated before the effect of Inspect Boarder started applying, and it resolves normally.

Source: https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=10618&keyword=&tag=-1
Q: Inspect Boarder is face-up in my opponent’s Monster Zone, also Linkuriboh and a linked Beelzeus of the Diabolic Dragons are face-up on my field. In this situation, when I activate the effect of Beelzeus of the Diabolic Dragons during my Main Phase, but my opponent chains Divine Wrath and negates the activation, how many more times can I activate a monster effect this turn?

A: In this scenario, since there is a Link Monster and Synchro Monster on the field, each player can activate monster effects twice per turn while the effect of Inspect Boarder is applying. Even if the activation of a monster effect is negated by Divine Wrath, that player can only activate 1 more monster effect that turn. (In this scenario, although the activation of the effect was negated, Beelzeus of the Diabolic Dragons is not destroyed due to its own effect and remains on the field.)

Source: https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=21490&keyword=&tag=-1

Q: Inspect Boarder is face-up in my opponent’s Monster Zone, also there are no monsters on my field. In this scenario, I Normal Summon a Performapal Skullcrobat Joker and activate its effect, adding an Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon from my Deck to my hand. After that, if I activate Polymerization and use that Performapal Skullcrobat Joker and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon as material to Fusion Summon Performapal Gatlinghoul, can I activate its effect?

A: In this scenario, firstly, the effect of Performapal Skullcrobat Joker was activated while the effect of Inspect Boarder was applying and the only listed Monster Card type on the field was Pendulum. After that, when Polymerization was activated, that Pendulum Monster was used as material for the Fusion Summon, so the only listed Monster Card type on the field was Fusion. In this case, since there is no change to the number of listed Monster Card types on the field, each player can still only activate a monster effect once per turn while the effect of Inspect Boarder is applying, so you cannot activate the effect of Performapal Gatlinghoul.

Source: https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=11338&keyword=&tag=-1
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 Konami® Certified Judge
Retired Duelingbook Tournament Organizer
Retired Ozone Host/Administrator
Retired Judge in DU, DNx, /r/ Subrredit Discord, & The Ruling Zone
Founder of i3 & Harmonic Souls: Organized Play

Soracchi

Post #2 by Soracchi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 am

Wouldn't these citation things be better off in their own section than placed in the ruling questions to avoid clutter? These posts aren't really asking for a question to be answered just telling information while the other questions actually want ruling answers. Nothing you have to do just food for thought on keeping things organized.
Welcome

Monarch Snow

Post #3 by Monarch Snow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:34 am

Soracchi wrote:Wouldn't these citation things be better off in their own section than placed in the ruling questions to avoid clutter? These posts aren't really asking for a question to be answered just telling information while the other questions actually want ruling answers. Nothing you have to do just food for thought on keeping things organized.

Hello Soracchi. Yes, I wish I could just place these in their own individual section, but there is no places that specifically highlights where I would want to place these creations unless Site Staff want to change that. This is the appropriate to an extent, but I work with what I have.

It's just some information people can decide to read or not or refer to as a reference when searching a card.
Maybe if there were a translation thread or a wiki translation thread since the wikia will soon be closing card rulings.

Regardless, thank you for your comment & hopefully this will lead to greater things to come.
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 Konami® Certified Judge
Retired Duelingbook Tournament Organizer
Retired Ozone Host/Administrator
Retired Judge in DU, DNx, /r/ Subrredit Discord, & The Ruling Zone
Founder of i3 & Harmonic Souls: Organized Play

Soracchi

Post #4 by Soracchi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:02 am

wikia is closing card rulings :O?
Welcome

Return to “Rulings Q&A”