Maiden with eyes of blue vs necrovalley

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Maiden with eyes of blue vs necrovalley

Post #1 by s.nickid » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 am

Would Maiden with eyes of blue, only gets negetated by necrovalley if I chose to special summoned a blue-eyes white dragon in the graveyard, instead of hand or deck, during the resolution of maiden with eyes of blue? Or would the effect of maiden with eyes of blue will always be negated by Necrovalley because it include the graveyard as a choice during resolution?

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:09 pm

You would not be able to summon Blue-Eyes from the GY if Necrovalley is on the field, you could only SS from Hand or Deck.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

atena

Post #3 by atena » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:29 pm

As explained above, Necrovalley's effect will only negate in the resolution, so since you can choose where you want to bring the BEWD from, Necrovalley will only negate if you choose to bring from GY.

s.nickid

Post #4 by s.nickid » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:09 pm

What about this if skill drain his already face-up on the field, and my opponent attack my maidden with eyes of blue, and I activated maidden effect, my opponent does not add anything to the chain, so I add book of moon and target maidden with eyes of blue, so chain link 1 maidden effect chain link 2 book of moon, so it resolve book of moon first fliping maiden with eyes of blue face-down, since skill drain his continous like effect that only work on face-up monster, maidden resolve she negated the attack, and then switch here battle position from face-down to face-up attack, and I already ask the question in this forum and they said that blue-eyes white dragon would still be summoned because even if it his a continuous effect, because you cannot negated half of one resoultion. Unless negating half of one resoultion only Necrovalley as that exception.

DarkPhenix

Post #5 by DarkPhenix » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:36 pm

Necrovalley would only negate the potion of Maiden's text that summons from the GY. If you choose to summon from hand or deck, Necrovalley will not negate your card.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Return to “Rulings Q&A”