Chicken game and dice jar rulling.

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Chicken game and dice jar rulling.

Post #1 by s.nickid » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:50 am

1. I search this, and I could not found any rulling, if the flip effect of dice jar still work while chicken game his on the field. because the player with low life points take no damage. And my opponent got lower life points then mine and he was the one with chicken game. I know that their his a rules that if you can't fully resolve the effect, then the effect cannot activated so would that applied to dice jar?

2. i just don't want to do another topic for this one since it his kind of similar, I know if thunder king rai-oh his already face-up on the field and sagan hits the graveyard from the field, sagan does not activated. But what would happen in this situation sagan his chain link 1, opponent chain link 2 called of the haunted to special thunder king rai-oh, how would sagan chain link 1 resolve. Either the monster his still search but will go to the graveyard instead of hand, since you can't place it from deck to hand because of thunder king rai-oh effect, or you can't do the search at all?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:54 am

Pretty sure 2 is that you Cannot add anything, no GY no nothing
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

s.nickid

Post #3 by s.nickid » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:14 am

I would like a second opinion from a judge, and also a judge can answer my first question also.

DarkPhenix

Post #4 by DarkPhenix » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:08 pm

Dice Jar v Chicken Game: 2 things. First, Dice Jar is mandatory. This means that effect must activate. Even if the effect was not mandatory, the effect can still activate.

Call of the Haunted v Sangan: The chain link, cl1 Sangan and Cl2 Call of the Haunted is illegal. This is because Sangan activates during the damage step (at the end of the damage step to be precise) and cards like Call of the Haunted cannot be activated during this time. If Sangan manages to activate its effect outside of the damage step, the chain would resolve backwards, Rai-oh would be summoned, then Sangan would resolve without effect.

Hopefully this helped!
Last edited by DarkPhenix on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:12 pm

DarkPhenix wrote:Dice Jar v Chicken Game: 2 things. First, Dice Jar is mandatory. This means that effect must activate.

Call of the Haunted v Sangan: The chain link, cl1 Sangan and Cl2 Call of the Haunted is illegal. This is because Sangan activates during the damage step (at the end of the damage step to be precise) and cards like Call of the Haunted cannot be activated during this time.

Hopefully this helped!

Just saying, Sangan can get its effect off outside the damage step.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

DarkPhenix

Post #6 by DarkPhenix » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Thanks Renji, the ruling has been updated

Pharaoh
Mood:

Post #7 by Pharaoh » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:21 pm

1 - You resolve the effect as much as possible. So both players roll a dice like normal but won't inflict any damage

2 - Thunder King Rai-oh does not prevent the activation of effects. Therefore, as the Sangan effect is mandatory, it will still activate, even if Thunder King Rai-oh is already face up in the field. However, it will not add anything, and will resolve without effect.
Ruling Guru

DarkPhenix

Post #8 by DarkPhenix » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:26 pm

To be clear, if the user with the most LP loses the dice roll, they will take damage, as chicken game is not being applied to that user.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”