Senri Eye

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
skyelbow

Senri Eye

Post #1 by skyelbow » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:53 am

DuelingBook won't let me resolve Senri Eye (https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Senri_Eye), because it doesn't allow you to show your opponent the top card of your deck without seeing it yourself. Other cards with unique effects (example Convulsion of Nature) is supported by giving an extra action to select if the card is played. Senri Eye needs support like this so it can be resolved.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Pharaoh
Mood:

Post #2 by Pharaoh » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:11 am

Well, you should contact the system administrators. Most of the time, Xteven takes care of these details. You can explain the situation to him, or ask a member of the DuelingBook staff to do it for you.
Ruling Guru

skyelbow

Post #3 by skyelbow » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:02 pm

How do I contact the system administrators/Xteven/DuelingBook staff?

DarkPhenix

Post #4 by DarkPhenix » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:02 pm

If you see the user XtevensChannel online in db, you can contact him and talk about it
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:53 pm

Please do not contact Xteven directly or encourage people to do so simply report the glitch to a judge or administrator and we will take the steps needed.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

smileN

Post #6 by smileN » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:50 pm

"Please do not contact Xteven directly or encourage people to do so simply report the glitch to a judge or administrator"

That would be a great idea, but the judges don't answer messages and treat them like garbage. And the main Administrators hardly enter, and when they do, they don't answer messages.And besides, the only one who can do that is Xteven. It would be a waste of time to contact Judges. They'll simply have the same thing done (which is to contact Xteven). Besides, Xteven would do it with great pleasure, because he is the one who takes care of the day-to-day of your system.

DarkPhenix

Post #7 by DarkPhenix » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 pm

I do kinda agree about that.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Genexwrecker

Post #8 by Genexwrecker » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:48 pm

smileN wrote:"Please do not contact Xteven directly or encourage people to do so simply report the glitch to a judge or administrator"

That would be a great idea, but the judges don't answer messages and treat them like garbage. And the main Administrators hardly enter, and when they do, they don't answer messages.And besides, the only one who can do that is Xteven. It would be a waste of time to contact Judges. They'll simply have the same thing done (which is to contact Xteven). Besides, Xteven would do it with great pleasure, because he is the one who takes care of the day-to-day of your system.

just because we don't always have the time to respond to them doesnt mean we dont see them. if a glitch is reported it is 100% passed on or mentioned in our staff chat so xteven can take a look at it. The purpose of my message is we do not want people trying to flood xteven directly with what they want their issues ect that is why we are here.

smileN

Post #9 by smileN » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:33 pm

I understood your point, but you didn't understand mine. Not everyone is as kind and polite as you think they are. It doesn't mean because they are judges that they will act correctly. As I mentioned before, some don't even respond or respond in a rude way. I can count on my fingers how many staff members are really kind and polite to the users. As for Xteven, whenever I report a problem, he helps me and sometimes even thanks me for finding some fault or something like that. I won't wait for DuelingBook Staff to do something, because I die waiting. You say you don't have time. But is that really the problem? or is it lack of Members on staff? Where are the DuelingBook Senior Judges? Only LightPhenix still come in once in a while. Where are the Head Administrators?Where are the New Judges? few currently enter, and the others do not even enter anymore. This year of 2020 there were no new exams for judges or new staff positions.You talk as if everything is 100% fine, but it is not always like this, and some here are already full of "robotic words".

Genexwrecker

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:29 pm

smileN wrote:I understood your point, but you didn't understand mine. Not everyone is as kind and polite as you think they are. It doesn't mean because they are judges that they will act correctly. As I mentioned before, some don't even respond or respond in a rude way. I can count on my fingers how many staff members are really kind and polite to the users. As for Xteven, whenever I report a problem, he helps me and sometimes even thanks me for finding some fault or something like that. I won't wait for DuelingBook Staff to do something, because I die waiting. You say you don't have time. But is that really the problem? or is it lack of Members on staff? Where are the DuelingBook Senior Judges? Only LightPhenix still come in once in a while. Where are the Head Administrators?Where are the New Judges? few currently enter, and the others do not even enter anymore. This year of 2020 there were no new exams for judges or new staff positions.You talk as if everything is 100% fine, but it is not always like this, and some here are already full of "robotic words".

The current exam is serving the purpose just fine new judges are being hired when they meet the qualifications a lack of new judges simply means there are not enough people that are suited to the role. And im not saying its bad to get help from xteven im just saying its not good to be directing everyone to message him same as it wouldnt be good to direct everyone to message me for X things. As for how many judges are on teh site you need to keep in mind we provide a "FREE" service and volunteer our time so we are only able to be on when we can be on. There will be times when judges are not on. Seniors and heads come on to deal with the issues they need to deal with I assure you. Green judges can handle 99% of the issues on the site themselves and where they cannot seniors and heads are able to help with those other few issues that arise. Having competent judges on the site 24/7 and seniors and heads online 24/7 is simply not a remote possibility. for bugs and suggestions we have a nice way to archive those so we can view them orderly at any time on the forum and adress them in order of importance when we get around to it.

smileN

Post #11 by smileN » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:31 pm

First Point: If the current judges do not enter or hardly enter, it does not matter if they offer free work or not. The need still continues. You spend hours and hours waiting for a judge when you're playing ranked matches, and that's very bad. People lose the will to play. And what's the most important way to meet this need? That's right the "Judge Exam".

Second point: Just because there is a current exam doesn't mean that he should stay there forever. When people don't pass the exam, they prepare themselves even more for the next one. I guarantee that when a new exam comes out, new judges will appear.

Third point: it's much easier to get help inside the game than in the forum. Most of the time the answer is always the same. "We're working on it and bla bla bla" I'm not wanting people to flood Xteven's chatbox, but situations like this topic requires help only from him, and as I explained before, it's much easier to talk to him personally.

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:08 pm

smileN wrote:First Point: If the current judges do not enter or hardly enter, it does not matter if they offer free work or not.

Third point: it's much easier to get help inside the game than in the forum. Most of the time the answer is always the same. "We're working on it and bla bla bla" I'm not wanting people to flood Xteven's chatbox, but situations like this topic requires help only from him, and as I explained before, it's much easier to talk to him personally.
and things that need to be handled personally by him are put on a list and sent to him so they may possibly be adressed in the future.

Return to “Rulings Q&A”