Monster trap new rules confusion

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
s.nickid

Monster trap new rules confusion

Post #1 by s.nickid » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:17 pm

The Monster trap Metal reflect slime, because of the new rules that a monster trap no longer occupied the spell and trap card zone while it his a monster. So if a face-down metal reflect slime his set face-down in the spell and trap card zone during my turn on my field, and during my opponent turn he used Mst targeting set Metal reflect slime, then if I chain Metal reflect slime, since chainlink 2 resolve first monster trap become a monster and no longer occupied the spell and trap card zone, and when mst resolve does it lose its target?

DarkPhenix

Post #2 by DarkPhenix » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:07 am

For metal reflect slime, when summoned, it is considered a monster and a trap card. So if the chain is MST cl1, Metal Reflect cl2, then Metal Reflect will summon, but since it is still considered a Spell / Trap card it will still be destroyed by MST.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

s.nickid

Post #3 by s.nickid » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:58 am

@DarkPhenix: The reason I was asking this question in the pass I played against someone you used link monster and that link monster got a quick effect to move to another zone that link monster points to, so when I played raigeki break and target his monster, he chain his monster effect to change monster zone so Raigeki break miss the target, I remember in the animated series it did work like that but I was not sure if it work like that in the real game. So in the real game if that monster his targeted by Raigeki break, and he chain to move it to a new monster zone his monster will still be destroy by Raigeki break?

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:21 am

s.nickid wrote:@DarkPhenix: The reason I was asking this question in the pass I played against someone you used link monster and that link monster got a quick effect to move to another zone that link monster points to, so when I played raigeki break and target his monster, he chain his monster effect to change monster zone so Raigeki break miss the target, I remember in the animated series it did work like that but I was not sure if it work like that in the real game. So in the real game if that monster his targeted by Raigeki break, and he chain to move it to a new monster zone his monster will still be destroy by Raigeki break?
moving a monster to another monster zone wont change how raigeki break resolves it will still destroy the targeted monster.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

s.nickid

Post #5 by s.nickid » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:23 am

Thanks!

Return to “Rulings Q&A”