Prompthorn Rulings

If you have a ruling question related to the game, search for it here, or ask it if no one else has yet.
.-. | -.-

Prompthorn Rulings

Post #1 by .-. | -.- » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Hallo,

I have questions to the effect of Prompthorn.

Eff:
You can Tribute 1 Level 4 or lower Cyberse monster; Special Summon any number of Cyberse Normal Monsters from your Deck and/or GY whose total Levels equal the Tributed monster's Level on the field, but banish them during the End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Prompthorn" once per turn.

First:
Can I use the effect if i tribute an Lv 3 monster and want to Special Summon 3 Lv 1 Protrons but only have space for 2 monsters after I tributed the Lv 3 monster?

Second:
Is it allowed to Special Summon less monster ? e.g. Lv 3 tributed but I only Special 2 Lv 1 Protron?

Third:
At what point is the Lv of the tributed monster determined ? e.g. if I tribute an Parallel Exceed who has summoned another Exceed this turn
so he is Lv 4 now. He is only Lv4 on the field and not in the GY. Can I summon monster up to the Lv he had on the field or is the original Lv used tfor the amount of monsters I can summon?
Does it make a difference if I used Cyberse Synchrons effect on that monster so that its Lv is doubled ?

Ty for your answers :)

DarkPhenix

Post #2 by DarkPhenix » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:08 pm

So for your first question, if you can only summon 3 lv1 normal cyberse monsters (you do not have any other monsters to summon) and do not have enough zones to accommodate those monsters, you cannot activate the effect, as you cannot resolve it properly when you activate the effect. If you have other monsters (like a level 2 and 1) you must use those instead as you only have space for those 2 zones. For your second question the effect says "equal to" not "equal to or less than." "Equal to" means that the level of the monster that you tributed MUST EQUAL the levels of the normal cyberse monster(s) you summon. For your third question, in this situation, the level of the monster ON THE FIELD is applied to the effect. So your Parallel Exceed would be level 4 on the field and that is the level you would tribute for. Finally, the use of Cyberse Synchrons effect does not double levels, it simply increases a monster's level based on its original level. The effect of Prompthorn has a condition of tributing a level 4 or lower monster, so if Cyberse Synchron's effect is used to make Parallel Exceed's effect to level 12 then, Parallel will be unable to be tributed.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Return to “Rulings Q&A”