Not showing up in unrated duels when hosting

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Not showing up in unrated duels when hosting

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:53 am

this issue has been going on for most of the time i have been logged on today (4/21/20) and i have had to log out, clear my browser cache, restart my pc, and re-log back in only for the issue to happen again within a few minutes. This gets really really annoying and i would like to see it fixed.

Image is proof of the issue: https://imgur.com/qup7su4

On a side note: keep your rude comments to yourself pleaseTY. besides runzy has already said: if you don't like him don't post on his threads. Smh.

Edit 1: i was hosting in custom cards.
Edit 2: i just tried hosting in advanced, traditional, goat and unlimited, same issue
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Nightmare in Reality

Post #2 by Nightmare in Reality » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:57 am

So what exactly is the issue? It's likely you need to scroll down the lobby to see your name, if your problem is that you are not at the top of the list.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:58 am

Nightmare in Reality wrote:So what exactly is the issue? It's likely you need to scroll down the lobby to see your name, if your problem is that you are not at the top of the list.

umm, custom cards, not advanced
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #4 by Debt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 am

Try it on a different browser just to be sure

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:01 am

Debt wrote:Try it on a different browser just to be sure

Ummm.... who the hell would use internet explorer in 2020? its full of issues and its security is severely outdated. and if ur still using internet explorer in 2020.... WOW!

Nightmare in Reality

Post #6 by Nightmare in Reality » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

Ummm.... who the hell would use internet explorer in 2020? its full of issues and its security is severely outdated. and if ur still using internet explorer in 2020.... WOW!

Who ever said anything about internet explorer?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:05 am

Nightmare in Reality wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

ummm the only other browser i have is IE. so umm... i did?

Debt

Post #8 by Debt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

Firefox
Opera
Chromium variants
Firefox variants (Waterfox, Palemoon, GNU IceCat)

Nightmare in Reality

Post #9 by Nightmare in Reality » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:08 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Nightmare in Reality wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

ummm the only other browser i have is IE. so umm... i did?

You're openly attacking for absolutely no reason. And as Debt said, there are several other browsers for you to try. I'd first recommend deleting IE off of your computer, if you hate it that much.

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:36 am

>People try to help
>CrystalMusic attacks them

How am I not surprised?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

~Gloria~

Post #11 by ~Gloria~ » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:39 am

Renji Asuka wrote:>People try to help
>CrystalMusic attacks them

How am I not surprised?

honestly not very surprised myself tbh, been only chillin here for like... not that long, and he has, like, already become totes predictable

Christen57

Post #12 by Christen57 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Whatever your opinions are of CrystalMusic, he's actually telling the truth here because I too experience this bug. I don't know how it keeps happening for him, but for me, it often happens when I'm switching tabs a lot. I'll see if I can figure out exactly how to replicate this bug, and how it is done and why it happens.
Also, I use Google Chrome.

Christen57

Post #13 by Christen57 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Actually, never mind. The bug CrystalMusic is referring to is completely different from the one I thought he was referring to, which was what I was experiencing.

Christen57

Post #14 by Christen57 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Christen57 wrote:Actually, never mind. The bug CrystalMusic is referring to is completely different from the one I thought he was referring to, which was what I was experiencing.

Welp. Just a few hours after posting this and saying I didn't know what CrystalMusic was talking about, I experienced exactly what CrystalMusic was talking about.

I couldn't tell exactly how it happened, but it looks like when I clicked the "Host Duel" button, it doesn't show up for me either, and this happens quite frequently too. The only way I could fix the issue was by exiting out of the Duel Room, exiting back to duelingbook's main menu (where nekroz of brionac is) and then reconnecting by clicking the blue "DUEL!" arrow.

It seems to happen the most when I have lots of tabs open, when my internet speed gets throttled or something, or both.

Renji Asuka

Post #15 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:54 pm

I experience a similar bug, but only with tag duels sometimes, yet acts like I'm still in the duel room. But, I just have to rehost and that usually fixes it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #16 by troglyte » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:35 am

Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Return to “Report Glitch”