Custom Effect Monster Card effects not showing up on card.

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Custom Effect Monster Card effects not showing up on card.

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:55 am

When i go into my custom cards i have created iv noticed that some of the monsters have effects written on them but "effect" does not show up on the finalized card.

https://imgur.com/zKZx3Zd

As you can see in this screenshot the edit card image says it has an effect but the finalized image on the left says it does not have an effect. Most likely a bug or a glitch in the custom cards. This will create a very huge confusion in duels as a card that does not say "effect" on it, most likely will not be treated as an effect by my opponents even though it clearly has an effect written on it.

If this can be fixed it would be a great help. TY.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #2 by LightCaster » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 am

That's with everyone. Though the PCST on that card needs a metric shit ton of work my guy.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:07 am

LightCaster wrote:That's with everyone. Though the PCST on that card needs a metric shit ton of work my guy.

dont care about PSCT as long as i can understand the effect
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #4 by LightCaster » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:17 am

But what about the opponent? They need to understand the effect too. Which is why PCST is a thing. You've been told this many a time dude. Stubborness doesn't fix your issues. Blaming others doesn't either so don't play that card with me.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:40 am

LightCaster wrote:But what about the opponent? They need to understand the effect too. Which is why PCST is a thing. You've been told this many a time dude. Stubborness doesn't fix your issues. Blaming others doesn't either so don't play that card with me.

thats why its called you can ASK your opponent to explain what it does!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #6 by LightCaster » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:48 am

Okay. How do you logically resolve the situation in which a card effect with no PSCT was activated? Do you know what PCST even stands for or what it's actual purpose is?

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #7 by LightCaster » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:03 am

You can't just ask your opponent if it has no Problem-Solving Card Text (PSCT for short) because they can literally say anything. But asking your opponent about an effect WITH PSCT, like every card in the normal game outside of Normal Monsters, makes it easier for your opponent to understsnd. And it's considered a dick move if that was your intention.

DuskWill

Post #8 by DuskWill » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:49 pm

Even with PSCT, there are still cases of people asking how certain cards works in a duel. Their questioning about a the card's functionality easily makes the opponent deduce the approach they will take to get rid of it, rendering their strategy moot in most cases. Not using PSCT simply adds situations where the user has advantage towards opponents, or, in the very least, making the duels unnecessarily longer.

Also, I don't see why you praise putting less effort in order to make your card's functionality easier to understand. How come you consider answering questions about your cards in duels less of a chore than working the writing a bit more to prevent those situations?
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:30 am

What i dont get is why the hell you people care about PSCT in custom cards.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #10 by LightCaster » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:57 am

Because it helps BALANCE them. Ever hear of that? BALANCE? Y'know.The other thing you hate because it gives your opponent the ability to beat you?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 am

LightCaster wrote:Because it helps BALANCE them. Ever hear of that? BALANCE? Y'know.The other thing you hate because it gives your opponent the ability to beat you?

PSCT has nothing to do with "Balance" its what the effect does in general that determines its balance.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:12 am

And points for you knowing that. Now, if we can just try APPLYING that logic to your card design. Maybe you'll be slightly less infuriating to duel against. Then, next week's lesson could be on BALANCING your cards, since you seem so inclined to bitch and moan about other people's cards, but belittle people who get pissed off at your VISIBLY BROKEN CARDS.

DuskWill

Post #13 by DuskWill » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:00 am

CrystalMusic wrote:What i dont get is why the hell you people care about PSCT in custom cards.

I literally just answered this in my previous post.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Return to “Report Glitch”