Blocked System

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Crimson7Reaper

Blocked System

Post #1 by Crimson7Reaper » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 am

https://i.imgur.com/IzjHa5M.png The block system doesn't work an intended. People should only be able to block others if they sent the last message. I didn't send the last message nor did I start the messages.
This dude legit came out and started harassing me, got triggered when his entire argument goes down the drain, and then logs out/in and blocks me.

Kalsan

Post #2 by Kalsan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:06 am

I thought that's how it worked, but again I do think that the option of blocking should be available to anyone at anytime, not just because they sent you a message last, I feel that is the person that block's choice.
Last edited by Kalsan on Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just an account :idea:

Auke1993
Mood:

Post #3 by Auke1993 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:26 pm

I feel that blocking should be available at all times, so that users can block others for any reason they feel is good enough.
I have, in the past few days, blocked quite a few people that wrote inappropriate status updates or status replies. This made my main menu somewhat nicer, somewhat cleaner.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #4 by xDEADCENTREx » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Auke1993 wrote:I feel that blocking should be available at all times, so that users can block others for any reason they feel is good enough.
I have, in the past few days, blocked quite a few people that wrote inappropriate status updates or status replies. This made my main menu somewhat nicer, somewhat cleaner.

Question. Does this include when dueling someone in unranked? If so why do you feel that option should exist?

Auke1993
Mood:

Post #5 by Auke1993 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:44 pm

I don't think there is a button directly in a duel, but it's possible to leave the duel and block someone there.
If someone is really toxic to you, or uses a lot of bad language that you don't appreciate, those could be reason for wanting to block someone.

Crimson7Reaper

Post #6 by Crimson7Reaper » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:00 am

I don't think anyone here is getting the point. The way the block system works according to the welcome page- "You can only block a user who has messaged you at some point, and only if they sent the most recent message."
But as you all can see from the screen shot, this dude was able to bypass the restrictions of the block system by logging out and in. It doesn't make sense to keep these restrictions if people can just bypass it with ease.
So the devs have two choices here, fix this loophole or let people continue to abuse the block system.

Auke1993
Mood:

Post #7 by Auke1993 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:06 pm

I've been able to block people without them ever messaging me, even some that never replied to my status updates.
So if that is all the description says, then the description doesn't list all of the requirements of things the button does.

Return to “Report Glitch”