Delete account?

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Possibly

Delete account?

Post #1 by Possibly » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:53 pm

Hi, I would like to delete my account but as far as I can tell there is only an option to change the password.

How can I achieve that?

Email change should also be an option. imho.

(tbh what I initially wanted was to simply change my username. That was also not an option so I figured I'd delete my current account, since it's brand new, and remake it. Alas no account deletion and neither an email change option are available)

Thanks.
Last edited by Possibly on Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Possibly

Post #2 by Possibly » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:14 pm

Real talk; not being able to delete the account and its relevant data is a violation of the GDPR (see https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/).

King_Kai

Post #3 by King_Kai » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:10 pm

You cannot delete accounts on DB. if you don't want to play anymore, just simply don't log in. And if you just want to start fresh with new name and record, just make a new account. Easy

Possibly

Post #4 by Possibly » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:27 pm

King_Kai wrote:You cannot delete accounts on DB. if you don't want to play anymore, just simply don't log in. And if you just want to start fresh with new name and record, just make a new account. Easy

I have a right to have my data removed from DB's servers, as per GDPR, as a European citizen, as long as DB is served to EU. "don't log in" isn't it.

So, whom do I have to contact in order to get my data deleted from DB's servers? I would prefer to not escalate this to official channels, it's a simple DROP operation from their database.

Possibly

Post #5 by Possibly » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:32 pm

Or at the very least, let me change my associated email, what is this?

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:54 pm

Possibly wrote:
King_Kai wrote:You cannot delete accounts on DB. if you don't want to play anymore, just simply don't log in. And if you just want to start fresh with new name and record, just make a new account. Easy

I have a right to have my data removed from DB's servers, as per GDPR, as a European citizen, as long as DB is served to EU. "don't log in" isn't it.

So, whom do I have to contact in order to get my data deleted from DB's servers? I would prefer to not escalate this to official channels, it's a simple DROP operation from their database.

Everyone who has came in trying to pull what you said have literally been told that DB won't delete your account and they claim they'd do legal action, yet nothing ever comes of it.

So regardless of the laws your referring to, just get over it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

King_Kai

Post #7 by King_Kai » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:34 pm

Possibly wrote:

Just remove your own data, edit your own profile and remove anything you want. Only data that remains is your username and duel records.

Possibly

Post #8 by Possibly » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:22 pm

King_Kai wrote:
Possibly wrote:

Just remove your own data, edit your own profile and remove anything you want. Only data that remains is your username and duel records.

Thank you for actually offering help instead of telling me to deal with it, appreciated.

As far as I can tell there is no way to remove data such as my email however, I looked in both Settings and My Profile. Where can I delete such info?

Thank you.

Jon-Stark

Post #9 by Jon-Stark » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:47 pm

Possibly wrote:
King_Kai wrote:
Possibly wrote:

Thank you for actually offering help instead of telling me to deal with it, appreciated.

As far as I can tell there is no way to remove data such as my email however, I looked in both Settings and My Profile. Where can I delete such info?

Thank you.

Because your account cannot be deleted, the email associated with that account also cannot be deleted. Its just for login credentials anyways. Your email is never used for anything.

Voltra_YT

Post #10 by Voltra_YT » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:03 pm

Not being able to delete an account isn't an option. phpBB has had extensions for this (weird that it isn't included in the core) for ages, one such example is: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... account_2/

schuhkarton95

Post #11 by schuhkarton95 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:00 pm

If you go to your forum-account and select "Edit account settings" it says: "To change your password, your email address, or your username, you must enter your current password.", followed by an option to enter your password.
However, I do not see an option to actually change your username, mail adress or other data.
Typing in your password only brings up the message "Your profile has been updated."

Return to “Report Glitch”