"Card is inappropriate for public use" message for no reason I can deduce

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Arkanian

"Card is inappropriate for public use" message for no reason I can deduce

Post #1 by Arkanian » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:02 am

Edit: To be clear. EVERY card I have tried to upload since the below incident, regardless of its name or text, has been prevented from uploading due to being "inappropriate," even if it's just a monster whose name and text are "test".

Edit 2: After double checking, it only applies to cards with names that have less than 8 (non-space) characters. Is this just some odd rule I've never stumbled across before, where cards can only be public if their names are more than 7 characters long?

I tried to upload a card named "M * s t l * n g" (Spaced out with the "i"s changed to asterisks for reasons you will see below), and when I did, it was rejected saying "Card is inappropriate for public use." Furthermore, every single card I've tried to upload since then for "everyone" has been rejected with the same message regardless of content. On top of that, when troubleshooting, I found that if I changed a public card to private and changed its name to that word it would not only not allow me to set it to public with that same message, it also would not allow me to make it public even if I changed its name back to what it was before. Presumably this means the name is the problem... somehow... (I assume that some portion of the string of characters for that names contains a bad word in another language or something). Is there any way to fix this?
Last edited by Arkanian on Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:59 am

Just settle on a different name.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Arkanian

Post #3 by Arkanian » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:23 am

The issue is that ever since this happened, DB will no longer allow me to upload *any* new card, regardless of what the name of that card is. THAT is the issue I am trying to fix here, not the fact that that specific name is banned for whatever reason.

Edit: After double checking, it only applies to cards with names that have less than 8 (non-space) characters. Is this just some odd rule I've never stumbled across before, where cards can only be public if their names are more than 7 characters long?

Return to “Report Glitch”