I cannot take judge exam

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Guardian.Eatos

I cannot take judge exam

Post #1 by Guardian.Eatos » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:56 pm

Hi

My account is just registered for a month. 2 days ago I was unable to do this cause of the 1-month rule.
Today is the first day I'm officially able to take the test, however the site says I've taken it already.

Can someone help me with this?
I've prepared like a whole year, became a licenced lvl 1 judge with 2 certificates, got a lot of experience at tournaments
and I really wanted to take this test.

Thanks in advance!

Guardian.Eatos

King_Kai

Post #2 by King_Kai » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:28 am

This is only an assumption but if you have ever taken test on any alternate accounts might be the reason.

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:46 am

You can only take the exam once. Any unfinished attempts also count.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Guardian.Eatos

Post #4 by Guardian.Eatos » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:23 am

King_Kai wrote:This is only an assumption but if you have ever taken test on any alternate accounts might be the reason.

I've tried it a long time ago on another account, this is true.
However, there is no note of this anywhere in the rules, it strongly implies it is once per account.
When will I be able to try this again?

Guardian.Eatos

Post #5 by Guardian.Eatos » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:43 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:You can only take the exam once. Any unfinished attempts also count.

See last post: it's a different account, nowhere is it states I cannot use multiple accounts.

And I've taken it a long while ago, when would I be able to try again?

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:06 pm

Guardian.Eatos wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:You can only take the exam once. Any unfinished attempts also count.

See last post: it's a different account, nowhere is it states I cannot use multiple accounts.

What does "you" mean in this context? It doesn't matter if it's another account YOU the individual still can only take the exam once.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #7 by Genexwrecker » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:58 pm

Guardian.Eatos wrote:

the rules do cover multiple accounts. the rules say each person can only take the exam once.

"person" not account.

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #8 by TheRoyalAu » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:01 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Guardian.Eatos wrote:

the rules do cover multiple accounts. the rules say each person can only take the exam once.

"person" not account.

Yeah, this is rather interesting, because with the rules stating that a person can only take this exam once.

However, does this mean once ever? It feels this way to me.
RC-1 Approved (04/22/2021).
Official Konami Judge and DC - 1 Approved (05/17/2021).

Genexwrecker

Post #9 by Genexwrecker » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:58 pm

TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Guardian.Eatos wrote:

"person" not account.

Yeah, this is rather interesting, because with the rules stating that a person can only take this exam once.

Once ever

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:14 am

TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Guardian.Eatos wrote:

"person" not account.

What does "a person can only take this exam once" actually means? It literally states what it means.

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #11 by TheRoyalAu » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:03 pm

Yeah, I find this rather inconvenient. There isn't enough staff online which, yeah, ok, thats due to IRL stuff, but I think its best if the site takes on board people like you Renji, and myself due to our qualifications (if you have any) as Judges IRL.

Genexwrecker

Post #12 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:10 pm

TheRoyalAu wrote:Yeah, I find this rather inconvenient. There isn't enough staff online which, yeah, ok, thats due to IRL stuff, but I think its best if the site takes on board people like you Renji, and myself due to our qualifications (if you have any) as Judges IRL.

Neither of you are qualified.
Each exam isnt meant to be taken multiple times. If you could take each exam multiple times its easier to pass without actually displaying knowledge of what is on the exam.

We take quality over quantity and it is extremely hard to find people qualified to judge.

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:19 pm

TheRoyalAu wrote:Yeah, I find this rather inconvenient. There isn't enough staff online which, yeah, ok, thats due to IRL stuff, but I think its best if the site takes on board people like you Renji, and myself due to our qualifications (if you have any) as Judges IRL.

Just 1 thing m8, I'm not fit for that kind of role. I mean, do you really want to give me the power to effectively perma freeze players?

No seriously, the moment I see stupid shit in a judge call that I answer, that will be my go to. I don't have the patience for nonsense.

Genexwrecker wrote:

Each exam isnt meant to be taken multiple times. If you could take each exam multiple times its easier to pass without actually displaying knowledge of what is on the exam.

We take quality over quantity and it is extremely hard to find people qualified to judge.

How do you know I'm not qualified to judge on Duelingbook? I never took the judge exam!

And I'm not talking about what I just stated above this reply!

Genexwrecker

Post #14 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:36 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

Just 1 thing m8, I'm not fit for that kind of role. I mean, do you really want to give me the power to effectively perma freeze players?

No seriously, the moment I see stupid shit in a judge call that I answer, that will be my go to. I don't have the patience for nonsense.

Genexwrecker wrote:

How do you know I'm not qualified to judge on Duelingbook? I never took the judge exam!

And I'm not talking about what I just stated above this reply!

The exam is only a display of knowledge. You yourself and your behaviors would not suit the role of a judge or TO for duelingbook. I am one of the people who has been a part of hiring the staff if you dont meet my standards to be a TO you dont meet the standards for the judge role.

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #15 by TheRoyalAu » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:39 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:

I'm sorry, but I have a PDF document of each email by Julia Hedberg herself. I am a Certified Judge IRL.

greg503

Post #16 by greg503 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:58 am

TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

I'm sorry, but I have a PDF document of each email by Julia Hedberg herself. I am a Certified Judge IRL.

Ok, but Konami wants lots of judges to run tournaments smoothly, DB isn't that
Buy Floowandereeze

King_Kai

Post #17 by King_Kai » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:18 am

TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Konami Judges have made some of the worst decisions of all time. They're definitely not fit for anything lol

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:03 am

King_Kai wrote:
TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Neither of you are qualified.

Konami Judges have made some of the worst decisions of all time. They're definitely not fit for anything lol

Victory Dragon has entered the chat.

TheRoyalAu
Mood:

Post #19 by TheRoyalAu » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:40 pm

Meh, I could care less about their bulls***tery. I just Judge the game IRL, moving on.

Genexwrecker

Post #20 by Genexwrecker » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:05 am

TheRoyalAu wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Being a qualified kde judge and being qualified to be a duelingbook judge are completely different. A kde qualification has very little meaning and isnt hard to achieve.

Return to “Report Glitch”