No Idea if New Feature or Site-wide Glitch

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Yazeth

No Idea if New Feature or Site-wide Glitch

Post #1 by Yazeth » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Just a few moments ago I tried to play a game I had came up with on this site, and one of the key features is moving a Monster Card from the Spell & Trap Zone to the Extra Monster Zone. This new glitch or feature extends to also any zone, and not just the Spell & Trap Zone, and I'm wondering if this is a new feature then why was it implemented. If it a glitch, then I'm bewildered as to how this occurred.

Alessiya

Post #2 by Alessiya » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:10 pm

Hi, just gonna add to what Yazeth said as if it was a case of a glitch triggering and just... staying that way, I triggered it?

As Yazeth said we were playing a Deck Master alt format game she made. The Deck Masters here use the Link Monster card type as a stand-in and exist in either Attack Position (EMZ) or Defense Position (center S/T Zone), also having counters placed on them (AP system), that's all I need to explain about it. So I moved my Deck Master/Link Monster from the center S/T Zone into my right EMZ, which until... a half hour ago, for months has worked without any issues (moving back and forth).

And if I remember as correctly I can I lagged a bit and basically simultaneously shuffled a Spell Card from the GY into the Deck. After finishing that I went to Battle Phase, then to Main Phase 1 (reconfirming on voice chat lol), then to Battle Phase and noticed all of the counters that had been placed on my Link Monster had disappeared (on my screen, not Yazeth's). There was also no option to declare an attack, in fact I'm pretty sure the options available while they were in the EMZ was identical to the options given for monsters in the Extra Deck, except that "SS ATK" and selecting a zone didn't move it or Summon it there.

So at this point I refreshed the page to find that my Link Monster had disappeared from the game entirely. She wasn't present in the EMZ, Extra Deck or anywhere else. However I couldn't Summon a monster from the Extra Deck to the zone she invisibly occupied. On Yazeth's screen the Link Monster and their placed counters were still visible.

We quit the game because it was the start of it and it was pretty bugged beyond repair at that point, started a new one, and ever since then neither of us can move any cards from any other zone into an EMZ (not even from the other EMZ zone) on any account in Solo Mode, Advanced Unrated, Custom Cards etc. We also got a friend to try it and they reported the same.

If it somehow completely bugged out as an option, I hope this maybe helps for fixing it. If it is a brand new change and actually the glitch was that I could still move a card into the EMZ after it... well, it's really awkward for when you misclick when Summoning from the Extra Deck in TCG. I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that you cannot actually move monsters from the MMZs into the EMZs with any card effects in the TCG, right? It's explicitly stated on all of those cards. So um, if it is this way now to stop any people there are(?) from breaking game mechanics that way in TCG duels, it does seem like it would lead to more "slow response misclick" arguments and/or judge calls than it solves.

Edit: Also now I think about it it means you can't Xyz Summon to the EMZ properly. Oops, not sure how that slipped me lol. I'm guessing it's a glitch/quick temporary fix for the disappearing EMZ monster bug I encountered.

Return to “Report Glitch”