The "To Bottom of Deck" Button is gone.

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
(Foxdevil) Laharl

Re: The "To Bottom of Deck" Button is gone.

Post #21 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:28 am

Christen57 wrote:
(Foxdevil) Laharl wrote:That is not what I want tbH, I want to submit my own Card Frames.

The problem with this is that it would require you, every time you duel somebody, to explain what your card frame is, how it works, and how your summoning mechanic works, and when your opponent brings their own custom summoning mechanic into that duel, they will also need to explain to you their card frame and summoning mechanic and how that works so everyone's on the same page. There'd be too much explaining and confusion going on. God help you if you're in a tag duel and all 4 of you each have your own card frames and have to now explain to each other everything hoping nobody gets confused about anything.

It's really better to work with the already-existing frames for now that everyone is already familiar with and needs no explanation on. It's bad enough that most of the custom card players I've seen struggle to get problem-solving card text right, so adding this would make things even more of a nightmare.

Genexwrecker wrote:Yes you guys have made thousands of cards but the ammount of people who actually duel with customs is in the single digits. We removed a lot of buttons on that menu to make the site easier for users to use and allow gameplay to go more smoothly. change control option was moved as well and was finetuned into the move option. banish face down and to bottom only exist when a card requires it. this allows for massive ease of use of the duelingbook system. Custom cards are one of the weakest areas of the site and is mainly just used as another custom card maker rather than an actual true cult following and massive use on duelingbook. It would not make sense to increase menu sizes and add more features that makes the site more difficult to use just to appease custom card desires. if it were solely up to just me the entire section woul be 86d in heartbeat along with rush and speed duels so that more important features could be focused on such as the actual card game.

More important features like what?

Genexwrecker wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Custom cards are "not needed" and not necessary.

KTeknis wrote:Also that is one way to piss off a custom card user. Maybe you should reword it better.

I'm just stating facts. The section itself is literally not real yugioh nor required to be on duelingbook it exists because the owner wants it to exist and no other reason it is just a fun toy. It isnt popular and leads to more toxicity than anything. the ammount of shitposting i see from one user to another regarding any customs shared on the site is ridiculous and unhealthy.

Any format has the potential to lead to toxicity so that argument is weak.

Yeah that is a Problem, but if we can do this on Untap or Duel-Portal, so why not on DuBo too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Genexwrecker...
You are a rude and respectless Admin of DuBo.

You just don't give a Shit about the Community, you just YOU make currently the CCG-Community toxic, because you start being so rude infront of us, telling us, that CCG is not needed, so why is it even on DuBo, I mean a lot of People did asked for this Feature.

You didn't gave a realistisc Response, it is a respectless Response.

Genexwrecker

Post #22 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:28 pm

I just stated facts. The fact that the facts alone make you this upset shows one of the problems with customs. My actual opinions is that i love customs and i was head over heels when xteven added them to duelingbook. Regardless of how much i love the feature or want to advocate for it does not change how uneeded it actually is.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

(Foxdevil) Laharl

Post #23 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:18 pm

No you didn't, you was rude.
And I will answer over and over the same.

Christen57

Post #24 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:There is actually a list of features that need to happen all of which are far more important than adding things to an imaginary format. one of the main ones is better organization in the deck constructor as well as making the menu interface more tolerable which is what is currently being worked on.

What is it about organization in the deck constructor that you're looking to make better?

Genexwrecker

Post #25 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:09 pm

I cant share that yet.

Christen57

Post #26 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:24 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:I cant share that yet.

It will be getting shared anyway once you start implementing it, so I don't see the harm in telling us. If it has something to do with javascript maybe one of us could help.

Genexwrecker

Post #27 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:57 am

Christen57 wrote:

It will be getting shared anyway once you start implementing it, so I don't see the harm in telling us. If it has something to do with javascript maybe one of us could help.

its more of I cannot disclose things discussed in x location.

Christen57

Post #28 by Christen57 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:26 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

its more of I cannot disclose things discussed in x location.

Well, since we're on the top of improving the deck constructor, you should give us:

• The ability to make our search results case sensitive, meaning if I search "HERO" I will get only "HERO" cards and not "Hero" cards.
  • The ability to sort the monsters in our deck by other factors besides name, such as by attribute, level, pendulum scale, atk, def, and so on.
  • The ability to have the description box for searching for specific effects, and the box for searching for custom cards created by a specific user, be 2 separate boxes instead of being merged into one.
  • A different way to set cards as our favorite card besides holding down the right mouse button over the card. Too often I right click a card to get it out of my deck and instead it asks if I want to set it as my favorite card. You should make it so we need to hold down CTRL or SHIFT or something then right click the card, or make it so we need to use the middle mouse button instead of the left or right mouse button, to set it as our favorite card.
  • The ability to search for monsters whose atk and def add up to a specific value for cards like Card of the Soul, and to search for monsters with atk equal to their own def for cards like Gizmek Uka, the Festive Fox of Fecundity.

Genexwrecker

Post #29 by Genexwrecker » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:52 am

noted

eyal282

Post #30 by eyal282 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:14 pm

The idea of removing "To grave" and "Banish" and merging them into "Move" is actually really interesting me regarding my extension, with the cost that almost a single change will break the extension...

Dueling Book Unlock

Do I risk it all?

Return to “Report Glitch”