The "To Bottom of Deck" Button is gone.

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
(Foxdevil) Laharl

The "To Bottom of Deck" Button is gone.

Post #1 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:55 pm

To be Honest I don't understand why the Button is gone...

The Button appears only if a Card like Pot of Prosperity gets activated, but that is terrible, because now we can't do Custom Cards with similar Effects...

Please fix that.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:48 pm

There just isnt a need for it. We are trying to minimize that menu
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

(Foxdevil) Laharl

Post #3 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:There just isnt a need for it. We are trying to minimize that menu

That is not true, because there is a Need for this, because of Custom Cards.
If we create Cards, that sents Cards to the Bottom of the Deck, does we need that Button.
This is a bad Way to minimize the Menu.

And why do you ignore my Argumentation, I said this 1 Post before, that we need this for Custom Cards?
Because it's a good Reason?
Because, you have nothing to say against it?

Your Reason is weak and not reasonable, please re-add it for the Custom Card Players instead to make DuBo just more bad.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:47 am

Custom cards are "not needed" and not necessary.

(Foxdevil) Laharl

Post #5 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:23 am

"CuStOm CaRdS aRe NoT nEeDeD aNd NoT nEcEsSaRy."

You are just a "Admin" who can't argue and who don't give Solutions.
The Button is gone without any Reasons and the Team gives a Shit about People who wanna play with Custom Cards?
The Menu doesn't even need to get minimized wtF.

Give use please for the Custom Cards a Solution, that we can make Cards, that sents Cards to the Bottom of the Decks, Please give us a Way to add Buttons specific for Custom Cards or bring that Button atleast only for the "Custom Cards Format" back.

Zoroark

Post #6 by Zoroark » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:29 am

(Foxdevil) Laharl wrote:" Give use please for the Custom Cards a Solution, that we can make Cards, that sents Cards to the Bottom of the Decks, Please give us a Way to add Buttons specific for Custom Cards or bring that Button atleast only for the "Custom Cards Format" back.

Should be the 2 best Ways.

Adding Custom Buttons to Custom Cards like Pot of Extravagance could be usefull.

Otherwise should be the Solution, to bring back that Button only for Custom Card Format everyone happy.

(Foxdevil) Laharl

Post #7 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:35 am

Fact is, that DuBo get just more worse, by doing dumb Things like that.

KTeknis

Post #8 by KTeknis » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:25 pm

So I decided to test it a little, turns out the button to put card to the bottom of the deck can appear again if you have a card in your hand or field that have "bottom" on it's card text.
If you guys are interested in having more buttons for your cards, you can check this guide here that make it so that the game treats you as if you had all the cards that grant an extra button as exist on the field so that you can access their buttons without having their cards. It doesn't add buttons that is added to a certain card only like Time Thief Redoer, Extravagance, etc.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15050
PS: Also forgot that the guide in the link didn't give the "place bottom" button back, so start putting the word "bottom" on the card you need.

Genexwrecker wrote:Custom cards are "not needed" and not necessary.

Also that is one way to piss off a custom card user. Maybe you should reword it better.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

(Foxdevil) Laharl

Post #9 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Thank you very much KTeknis.

But, because of Extra-Buttons for Custom Cards, would it be better if we have a Way to add them in anyway in a easier Way.

What I wish too for Custom Cards would be a Way to create own Summon Types.
I made Years ago a red Card Frame for my "Bound Summon" and I wish I could include it to my Custom Cards...

KTeknis

Post #10 by KTeknis » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:30 pm

(Foxdevil) Laharl wrote:What I wish too for Custom Cards would be a Way to create own Summon Types.
I made Years ago a red Card Frame for my "Bound Summon" and I wish I could include it to my Custom Cards...

To be honest, me too.
I once suggested in the forum the option to upload the entire custom card image instead of just the artwork, so that we can have a custom card type without borrowing an existing card type. The admins didn't answer, and one non-admin user who answered simply says "just copy paste the relevant information into the text boxes accordingly."
For now, if you wanted a custom card types or summon types, you have to take an existing card type as a frame (For example, in my RP server, we had a Custom ED Summon Type "Evolve Summon", it uses Fusion as the frame.) . Fortunately I tested it before and found out that you now can have a TCG and Rush duel card in the same deck in Custom Format, so you can use Rush Card frame for your custom summon method to differentiate it with the existing card type.

(Foxdevil) Laharl

Post #11 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:41 pm

TbH, that is why Untap is better then DuBo...

Christen57

Post #12 by Christen57 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:45 pm

As KTeknis demonstrated for us, the option to put a card that is in your hand, on your field, in your graveyard, or among your banished cards on the bottom of the deck will now appear only if any card is in your hand, on the field, in your graveyard, or among your banished cards that has "bottom" anywhere in it's text, and this applies to face-down cards as well.

If either of you want to create your own "summon type," just take an already-existing effect/ritual/fusion/synchro/xyz/pendulum/link monster card frame and try to make your summon type work with that. For example, if you want to make a mechanic similar to yugioh sevens's maximum summoning, just take a monster and give it the effect "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Special Summoning monster X and monster Y from your hand" similar to how maximum summoning revolves around summoning a trio of specific monsters at once. Monsters "X" and "Y" in this case can be whatever you want.

Konami already did something like this with the card Grinder Golem. That monster's effect works like maximum summoning because it requires you to special summon it along with 2 other tokens at the same time.

(Foxdevil) Laharl

Post #13 by (Foxdevil) Laharl » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:40 pm

That is not what I want tbH, I want to submit my own Card Frames.

Genexwrecker

Post #14 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:36 am

Yes you guys have made thousands of cards but the ammount of people who actually duel with customs is in the single digits. We removed a lot of buttons on that menu to make the site easier for users to use and allow gameplay to go more smoothly. change control option was moved as well and was finetuned into the move option. banish face down and to bottom only exist when a card requires it. this allows for massive ease of use of the duelingbook system. Custom cards are one of the weakest areas of the site and is mainly just used as another custom card maker rather than an actual true cult following and massive use on duelingbook. It would not make sense to increase menu sizes and add more features that makes the site more difficult to use just to appease custom card desires. if it were solely up to just me the entire section woul be 86d in heartbeat along with rush and speed duels so that more important features could be focused on such as the actual card game.

Genexwrecker

Post #15 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:43 am

KTeknis wrote:Also that is one way to piss off a custom card user. Maybe you should reword it better.

I'm just stating facts. The section itself is literally not real yugioh nor required to be on duelingbook it exists because the owner wants it to exist and no other reason it is just a fun toy. It isnt popular and leads to more toxicity than anything. the ammount of shitposting i see from one user to another regarding any customs shared on the site is ridiculous and unhealthy. If a person likes custom cards and playing with them that is good for them everyone has something that makes them happy but that does not make it necessary. Customs could dissapear from the site tomorrow and nothing would change heck the site would probably run better.

greg503

Post #16 by greg503 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:51 am

tl;dr, DB isn't yugiohcardmaker dot net, or whatever dedicated custom card site people use.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #17 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:19 am

(Foxdevil) Laharl wrote:That is not what I want tbH, I want to submit my own Card Frames.

The problem with this is that it would require you, every time you duel somebody, to explain what your card frame is, how it works, and how your summoning mechanic works, and when your opponent brings their own custom summoning mechanic into that duel, they will also need to explain to you their card frame and summoning mechanic and how that works so everyone's on the same page. There'd be too much explaining and confusion going on. God help you if you're in a tag duel and all 4 of you each have your own card frames and have to now explain to each other everything hoping nobody gets confused about anything.

It's really better to work with the already-existing frames for now that everyone is already familiar with and needs no explanation on. It's bad enough that most of the custom card players I've seen struggle to get problem-solving card text right, so adding this would make things even more of a nightmare.

Genexwrecker wrote:Yes you guys have made thousands of cards but the ammount of people who actually duel with customs is in the single digits. We removed a lot of buttons on that menu to make the site easier for users to use and allow gameplay to go more smoothly. change control option was moved as well and was finetuned into the move option. banish face down and to bottom only exist when a card requires it. this allows for massive ease of use of the duelingbook system. Custom cards are one of the weakest areas of the site and is mainly just used as another custom card maker rather than an actual true cult following and massive use on duelingbook. It would not make sense to increase menu sizes and add more features that makes the site more difficult to use just to appease custom card desires. if it were solely up to just me the entire section woul be 86d in heartbeat along with rush and speed duels so that more important features could be focused on such as the actual card game.

More important features like what?

Genexwrecker wrote:

KTeknis wrote:Also that is one way to piss off a custom card user. Maybe you should reword it better.

I'm just stating facts. The section itself is literally not real yugioh nor required to be on duelingbook it exists because the owner wants it to exist and no other reason it is just a fun toy. It isnt popular and leads to more toxicity than anything. the ammount of shitposting i see from one user to another regarding any customs shared on the site is ridiculous and unhealthy.

Any format has the potential to lead to toxicity so that argument is weak.

Genexwrecker

Post #18 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:34 am

formats that exist as the real card game have limited ammount of what one can consider opinionated existences. Custom cards are purely based on every single person's opinion of what should exist as cards which is something no other format has. Such things lead to far more criticism and it just happens the custom community is far worse than most in their behaviors.

There is actually a list of features that need to happen all of which are far more important than adding things to an imaginary format. one of the main ones is better organization in the deck constructor as well as making the menu interface more tolerable which is what is currently being worked on.

also making sure real cards are playable on db is at the top of the list

KTeknis

Post #19 by KTeknis » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:24 am

Genexwrecker wrote:I'm just stating facts. The section itself is literally not real yugioh nor required to be on duelingbook it exists because the owner wants it to exist and no other reason it is just a fun toy. It isnt popular and leads to more toxicity than anything. the ammount of shitposting i see from one user to another regarding any customs shared on the site is ridiculous and unhealthy. If a person likes custom cards and playing with them that is good for them everyone has something that makes them happy but that does not make it necessary. Customs could dissapear from the site tomorrow and nothing would change heck the site would probably run better.

I do understand that DB is "Dueling Simulator" first and that us custom card maker is few in number, and some of us are actually quite toxic. However stating that it "leads to more toxicity than anything" and it " could dissapear from the site tomorrow and nothing would change heck the site would probably run better" makes you sounds even more hostile towards custom card community, and tbh I don't think an admin should act biased like that.

Christen57 wrote:The problem with this is that it would require you, every time you duel somebody, to explain what your card frame is, how it works, and how your summoning mechanic works, and when your opponent brings their own custom summoning mechanic into that duel, they will also need to explain to you their card frame and summoning mechanic and how that works so everyone's on the same page. There'd be too much explaining and confusion going on. God help you if you're in a tag duel and all 4 of you each have your own card frames and have to now explain to each other everything hoping nobody gets confused about anything.

It's really better to work with the already-existing frames for now that everyone is already familiar with and needs no explanation on. It's bad enough that most of the custom card players I've seen struggle to get problem-solving card text right, so adding this would make things even more of a nightmare.

To be honest you had a point, but it's just fun to make a new card type lol.
Still I'll keep that in mind.

Genexwrecker

Post #20 by Genexwrecker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:44 am

KTeknis wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:I'm just stating facts. The section itself is literally not real yugioh nor required to be on duelingbook it exists because the owner wants it to exist and no other reason it is just a fun toy. It isnt popular and leads to more toxicity than anything. the ammount of shitposting i see from one user to another regarding any customs shared on the site is ridiculous and unhealthy. If a person likes custom cards and playing with them that is good for them everyone has something that makes them happy but that does not make it necessary. Customs could dissapear from the site tomorrow and nothing would change heck the site would probably run better.

I do understand that DB is "Dueling Simulator" first and that us custom card maker is few in number, and some of us are actually quite toxic. However stating that it "leads to more toxicity than anything" and it " could dissapear from the site tomorrow and nothing would change heck the site would probably run better" makes you sounds even more hostile towards custom card community, and tbh I don't think an admin should act biased like that.

Christen57 wrote:The problem with this is that it would require you, every time you duel somebody, to explain what your card frame is, how it works, and how your summoning mechanic works, and when your opponent brings their own custom summoning mechanic into that duel, they will also need to explain to you their card frame and summoning mechanic and how that works so everyone's on the same page. There'd be too much explaining and confusion going on. God help you if you're in a tag duel and all 4 of you each have your own card frames and have to now explain to each other everything hoping nobody gets confused about anything.

To be honest you had a point, but it's just fun to make a new card type lol.
Still I'll keep that in mind.

It isnt bias it is literally an optional feature of the site. There are good custom card creators fuck some of them have made amazing cards and some even do their own artwork. That still does not change the fact that it is completely unecessary. out of all the actual formats and features on db customs is at the bottom of the pyramid and has very little to no importance to the actual game itself thus any changes to custom cards are at a vastly lower priority than anything else. Stating customs basically suck isnt bias its just the way things are there is now way for that to ever be a real format due to the nature of things as already stated. I have merely just stated the nature of the custom format and the behaviors most commonly displayed with it along with its importance to yugioh as a whole. Stating those things is not me saying i hate customs or think it should be removed or has no place to exist. I merely just state how things are my thoughts on it dont come into play here. if my thoughts came into play i would be on the site of the custom card creators and players as I have made quite a few customs myself and like the feature.

I gave a realistic response to your posts purely from the standpoint of the site itself as straightforward and harsh that may seem to some i have stated none of my actual opinions on custom cards in the posts prior.

Return to “Report Glitch”