Profile Reset/Hacked/Abused

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Zyjacya

Profile Reset/Hacked/Abused

Post #1 by Zyjacya » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi, so I logged in today and my profile has been changed from normal.
1) My picture has been changed from Alligator Swordsman to Chaos Sorcerer.
2) My advanced Ranking, EXP, and W/L has been reset.
3) My profile description has been replaced with the following text:
"Well folks the legendary gravekeepersven is back after being gone for so long from the now defunct duelnetwork.

Follow me on twitter@gravekeepersven

!00% Grey witch and pansexual furry.

Chaser for the big boys

How to do solo mode on dueling book.

!. Go to select format
2. Select Solo Duel and Host it.
3. Enjoy testing hands."

The twitter account mentioned is suspended.

So, here's the thing. At first glance, looks like a hack, but no password reset was ever sent to my email, and that doesn't explain how my match stats were reset. My profile was perfectly normal 17 hours ago when I played a rated advanced game. Today I wake up to this.

So given that there was no reset, I see two possibilities.
1) Someone found out my admittedly repeated password and just happened to also be an Arabic hacker that also plays on DB.
2) Someone with administrative authority on DB thinks they are really funny.

1) seems like the most likely scenario. However, I would still like to have it investigated, if possible, to see if any staff members have messed with my account. I would also like to ask if it is possible to tell where my account was accessed/changed from by providing me with the IP that accessed my account, if steven keeps track of those.

Additionally, I would appreciate it if my Rating/Exp could be restored, though I'm not really that worried about it.

Any other information you can provide me with regarding this would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Zyjacya

Post #2 by Zyjacya » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:31 am

My exp has been restored but my rating has not been. If that was the work of a staff member, you have my thanks; that is plenty, I do not mind at all playing to get the rating back. If not, I am even more confused than before.

Return to “Report Glitch”