CRITICAL ISSUE: Logs bug

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Megamaw

CRITICAL ISSUE: Logs bug

Post #1 by Megamaw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 pm

so recently it appears DB has been crashing more, and as a countermeasure, DB now allows you to reconnect. if you fail to reconnect after a timer, you lose the match.

this is a welcome change over how it's historically been done! but it frankly has a really fatal bug.

the other day, during a tournament, I was experiencing issues seeing my set cards after me and my opponent experienced a disconnect. hovering over them wasn't telling me which was which, so i referred to the logs.

much to my relief, the logs still worked, and i could see which zones had which cards, even if hovering over them no longer worked.

much to my horror, i could also see the identities of my opponent's set cards, in addition to the logs stating their opening hand.

while i haven't had the chance to test this, this seems incredibly easy to reproduce. just refresh the page or reset your router in the middle of a game. upon reconnecting, simply check the logs and freely view every card in your opponent's opening hand, set to their field, and presumably whatever they've drawn or banished face-down, and repeat whenever you want to update that knowledge in the logs.

if you recall the bug a while back that let your opponent see what they were selecting when you were randomly discarding, and target whatever they wanted, this is that but a million times worse. while you presumably can't see hand order, this is instantly significantly easier to do, since all you need to know how to do is refresh the page. furthermore, it gives even more valuable information that applies to every ruleset and practically every duel.

if i had to hazard a guess to the issue's source, though i'm not a coder, and certainly don't know what DB looks like internally, here's my theory.

whenever it calls the logs after reconnecting, it's using the logs from what would be the replay after the duel's end, rather than the in-game logs you had previously.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:35 pm

Do you have a replay/screenshot of this bug for us to see?

DarkPhenix

Post #3 by DarkPhenix » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:52 pm

That glitch is not confirmed. It also, to my knowledge does not exist.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #4 by Lil Oldman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:06 pm

Followed the instructions but didnt got anything, I couldn't get it to work, the logs didnt showed anything so either it was fixed or I did it wrong. Could you share an screenshot with the logs leaking info.?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Megamaw

Post #5 by Megamaw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:36 am

it's feasible that it was a quirk of the server going down mid-duel and coming back up. both players were d/ced at the same time. i will attempt to reproduce in a bit.

Return to “Report Glitch”