Camera Button Not Working

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Platinumeye
Mood:

Camera Button Not Working

Post #1 by Platinumeye » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:06 am

https://imgur.com/QasX1BK

I'm trying to get a picture of a conversation I had with someone, so I clicked the Camera icon at the top right. I get the notification THRICE to either Exit Pages or Wait as the page is unresponsive. I continued waiting and then instead of getting what I want from the screenshot, I get what you see above this message before disconnecting from Dueling Book and going back to the starter page. This happened both when I was on Google Chrome and on Microsoft Edge (and I've updated Edge) - the same problem occurs so I suspect there's something wrong with this site's camera icon in general. Is there a solution to this issue I'm overlooking or is there something wrong with Dueling Book's camera (and if that's the case, is there ever a time it'll be fixed)?

Thanks!

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Microsoft Edge isn't a good browser for duelingbook. Also I think this is a problem with either your internet or the server, but not the camera button.

Platinumeye
Mood:

Post #3 by Platinumeye » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:21 am

Christen57 wrote:Microsoft Edge isn't a good browser for duelingbook. Also I think this is a problem with either your internet or the server, but not the camera button.

My internet is fine, and I'm not sure if you overlooked what I wrote in my post or not (which I'm very sure you did), but I stated that I tried the Camera button on Google Chrome as well... so I don't understand the point of that strawman mentioning Microsoft Edge not being a good server for Dueling Book (and for the record Edge works pretty well with Dueling Book - so I guess that makes two of us in the realm of computer issues)!

Now may I have an answer from a technical expert, please?

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 am

Platinumeye wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Microsoft Edge isn't a good browser for duelingbook. Also I think this is a problem with either your internet or the server, but not the camera button.

My internet is fine, and I'm not sure if you overlooked what I wrote in my post or not (which I'm very sure you did), but I stated that I tried the Camera button on Google Chrome as well... so I don't understand the point of that strawman mentioning Microsoft Edge not being a good server for Dueling Book (and for the record Edge works pretty well with Dueling Book - so I guess that makes two of us in the realm of computer issues)!

Oh did I say Microsoft Edge? My bad. I meant Internet Explorer. I confused the two for a moment there.

I still don't think this is an issue with the camera button itself. Are you using the flash version or the html5 version of duelingbook?

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Internet explorer does not work well with dB. If you don’t get a picture something in your browser settings I’d blocking it
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Platinumeye
Mood:

Post #6 by Platinumeye » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Platinumeye wrote:

Oh did I say Microsoft Edge? My bad. I meant Internet Explorer. I confused the two for a moment there.

I still don't think this is an issue with the camera button itself. Are you using the flash version or the html5 version of duelingbook?

html5 version

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:06 am

Platinumeye wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Platinumeye wrote:My internet is fine, and I'm not sure if you overlooked what I wrote in my post or not (which I'm very sure you did), but I stated that I tried the Camera button on Google Chrome as well... so I don't understand the point of that strawman mentioning Microsoft Edge not being a good server for Dueling Book (and for the record Edge works pretty well with Dueling Book - so I guess that makes two of us in the realm of computer issues)!

html5 version

So what exactly happens when you click the screenshot button? Does it flash but nothing comes up, or does nothing at all happen?

Return to “Report Glitch”