players able to put my custom cards into a deck

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Re: players able to put my custom cards into a deck

Post #21 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:20 am

or at least this proves you ppl like the imagry i choose. I told yall i know how to find good imagry!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #22 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:58 am

CrystalMusic wrote:or at least this proves you ppl like the imagry i choose. I told yall i know how to find good imagry!

Yep! You did a good job finding them that people might use these artworks for their cards!
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Renji Asuka

Post #23 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:33 am

Just saying, people can access anyone's deck or even custom cards, just by changing the URL, though going through all that to find a specific user is a pain. It doesn't matter if you can hide them or not.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #24 by greg503 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:50 pm

At least no one has made a database searcher for said "hidden" customs like YGOScope for ranked replays
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #25 by Genexwrecker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Nothing wrong here he used the custom ids to use them himself nothing wrong with that if you don’t want people to copy the stuff through the replay and card ids don’t play them
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

KTeknis

Post #26 by KTeknis » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:22 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Nothing wrong here he used the custom ids to use them himself nothing wrong with that if you don’t want people to copy the stuff through the replay and card ids don’t play them

So I'm in the clear here? Thanks a lot sir!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #27 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:38 am

ok, question. what if i drew artwork, colored it in, used it on a card, but someone else uses my art, which i dont allow it to be used for anything without my consent. and they used it without my permission? wouldnt that be illegal copywrite?
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #28 by KTeknis » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:49 am

CrystalMusic wrote:ok, question. what if i drew artwork, colored it in, used it on a card, but someone else uses my art, which i dont allow it to be used for anything without my consent. and they used it without my permission? wouldnt that be illegal copywrite?

Depends, If you drew it, you can give it a Copyright Protection. But I don't think it's the case here since a lot of people here use Artwork from Copyrighted places anyway.
If you wanted to Copy Protect it, ask your lawyer.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #29 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:06 am

KTeknis wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:ok, question. what if i drew artwork, colored it in, used it on a card, but someone else uses my art, which i dont allow it to be used for anything without my consent. and they used it without my permission? wouldnt that be illegal copywrite?

Depends, If you drew it, you can give it a Copyright Protection. But I don't think it's the case here since a lot of people here use Artwork from Copyrighted places anyway.

then again if its only being used for entertainment its perfectly legal to use copywritten material. hence the "fair use act"

but if ur using it for personal gain (such as money, fame, ect) or using it to "target" a specific person (or group) im pretty sure that would fall under "illegal copywright".

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #30 by LightCaster » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:11 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

then again if its only being used for entertainment its perfectly legal to use copywritten material. hence the "fair use act"

but if ur using it for personal gain (such as money, fame, ect) or using it to "target" a specific person (or group) im pretty sure that would fall under "illegal copywright".

*copyright

Also I highly doubt it's illegal unless they're doing something to ACTUALLY harm you since we all know you mean "specific person" by yourself.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #31 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:16 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
KTeknis wrote:Depends, If you drew it, you can give it a Copyright Protection. But I don't think it's the case here since a lot of people here use Artwork from Copyrighted places anyway.

*copyright

Also I highly doubt it's illegal unless they're doing something to ACTUALLY harm you since we all know you mean "specific person" by yourself.

actually no, i have seen customs with many different players names (including mine) on them, including of players i dont even know.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #32 by LightCaster » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

*copyright

actually no, i have seen customs with many different players names (including mine) on them, including of players i dont even know.

And what purpose did they serve other than making a joke out of someone? And don't say bully and play the white knight.

Genexwrecker

Post #33 by Genexwrecker » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:26 am

you publicly put it on the internet with no watermarks that is on you.

and no custom cards uploaded are not private you can choose to make them viewable only to you in the deck constructor but they are still able to be seen and found by anyone who wants to look at them.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #34 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:37 am

Genexwrecker wrote:

and no custom cards uploaded are not private you can choose to make them viewable only to you in the deck constructor but they are still able to be seen and found by anyone who wants to look at them.

ok and if i had a watermark/signature on the art?

Genexwrecker

Post #35 by Genexwrecker » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:56 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

they could still use it for whatever it would just have a watermark on it.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #36 by LightCaster » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:32 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

So long as it's art YOU made since you wanna be Captain Copyright.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #37 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:12 pm

ok what if its a picture of me?

allow me to elaborate:
now, granted when in public you have no expectation of privacy, however, because i am a private citizen, using a photo of me, that you personally did not take, if it is used for anything other than entertainment, news or media purposes, is known as illegal copywright.

Since the pics of me, that are seen on the custom card imagery, were originally taken by me from my own personal camera, i am the owner of that image. Using an image you do not own, or an image of someones face, for anything other than entertainment, news or media, is illegal under copywright law. However there are exceptions to this: if its of public officials (such as Police, Firefighters, Paramedics, Department of Public Works/City Workers, Military, FBI, CIA, DEA, or any other City, State or Federal Worker as Public Tax Dollars pay for the funding and wages of all City, State and Federal property and its empolyees such as USPS Postal Workers) or a photo that you personally took while out in public of anyone or anything you can see with your own eyes as stated by the 11 circuit court and a case law from that court: Smith v. City of Cumming (11th Cir. 2000) 212 F. 3d 1332, then you have the right to use it and post it as you see fit.

seeing as the cards that contain my face, were taken by me, and are made to harass/belittle/make fun of me, it is illegal! Im just stating Federal Case Law and Civil Law. And reguardless of DB "Custom Card Imagry Rules" all must follow the federal law! Rules dont over-rule federal law.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

greg503

Post #38 by greg503 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:19 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:ok what if its a picture of me?

allow me to elaborate:
now, granted when in public you have no expectation of privacy, however, because i am a private citizen, using a photo of me, that you personally did not take, if it is used for anything other than entertainment, news or media purposes, is known as illegal copywright.

Since the pics of me, that are seen on the custom card imagery, were originally taken by me from my own personal camera, i am the owner of that image. Using an image you do not own, or an image of someones face, for anything other than entertainment, news or media, is illegal under copywright law. However there are exceptions to this: if its of public officials or a photo that you personally took while out in public of anyone or anything you can see with your own eyes as stated by the 11 circuit court and a case law from that court: Smith v. City of Cumming (11th Cir. 2000) 212 F. 3d 1332, then you have the right to use it and post it as you see fit.

seeing as the cards that contain my face are made to harass/belittle/make fun of me, it is illegal! Im just stating Federal Case Law and Civil Law. And reguardless of DB "Custom Card Imagry Rules" all must follow the federal law! Rules dont over-rule federal law.

Is it entertainment or slander to make fun of someone who regularly insults people when they do ONE thing that they didn't like.
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #39 by Christen57 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:39 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

Nobody is using customs for "personal gain" other than to just have fun with them in duels. I don't know what you mean by "target" or how a person could "target" someone else with fictional playing cards on the internet.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #40 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:16 am

Christen57 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
KTeknis wrote:Depends, If you drew it, you can give it a Copyright Protection. But I don't think it's the case here since a lot of people here use Artwork from Copyrighted places anyway.

Nobody is using customs for "personal gain" other than to just have fun with them in duels. I don't know what you mean by "target" or how a person could "target" someone else with fictional playing cards on the internet.

as in using ones face (of a private citizen) on a custom card but the card in general (the name or effect) makes it a complete joke. Or making a card made to offend people with a disability. Say you make a custom that depicts a man in a wheelchair and someone is kicking him, and theres a group of people laughing in the background of the image and the man in the wheelchair is crying. THAT would be "Targeting" a specific person (or set of people) as it can be seen as a direct insult to those with physical handicaps. (Also what kind of person would use such an image?)

Return to “Report Glitch”