players able to put my custom cards into a deck

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
CrystalMusic
Mood:

players able to put my custom cards into a deck

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:03 am

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11786&p=47372#p47372

in this forum post Kteknis was somehow able to put my custom cards (which were set to myself only) into a deck. That shouldnt be possible because when a custom card uploader sets the card usage to "myself only" only its uploader can search, view or use the card.

Id like to know how they were able to use my custom cards (which 99.99% of them are set to "myself only") in a deck.

i only have 19 avaliable to the public and they all contain the following text at the bottom of the cards effect: "- CrystalMusic"

edit: the only plausible cause for this is one of my "copycats" recreated a card they saw of mine in a replay and simply copy-pasted it in the custom card creator and uploaded it with public access.

if this isnt really a glitch, i appologize for wasting time.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #2 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:08 am

That was fast.
Still, We're going to wait for the admin response.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #3 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:32 am

CrystalMusic wrote:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11786&p=47372#p47372

in this forum post Kteknis was somehow able to put my custom cards (which were set to myself only) into a deck. That shouldnt be possible because when a custom card uploader sets the card usage to "myself only" only its uploader can search, view or use the card.

Id like to know how they were able to use my custom cards (which 99.99% of them are set to "myself only") in a deck.

i only have 19 avaliable to the public and they all contain the following text at the bottom of the cards effect: "- CrystalMusic"

edit: the only plausible cause for this is one of my "copycats" recreated a card they saw of mine in a replay and simply copy-pasted it in the custom card creator and uploaded it with public access.

Do you actually have the cards set to be available to yourself?
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:36 am

Darkraiclone wrote:

i know for a fact i do
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #5 by Darkraiclone » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

i know for a fact i do

Do you have a screenshot of your card creator screen?
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:43 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Do you actually have the cards set to be available to yourself?

i know for a fact i do

and what good will that do???

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #7 by LightCaster » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:54 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
i know for a fact i do

and what good will that do???

It shows this magical thing called "evidence", something you don't like when you're called out. What it'll do is show us the issue in case it's an easy fix.

KTeknis

Post #8 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:56 am

I guess I should tell you guys how I did it to makes thing straight?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:59 am

KTeknis wrote:I guess I should tell you guys how I did it to makes thing straight?

you be openly admitting to glitching. IDK how the site judges would take that. Not that i care how they would, if they do.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #10 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:00 am

KTeknis wrote:I guess I should tell you guys how I did it to makes thing straight?

Did you basically create a XML file with the cards' IDs and then imported the whole thing?

KTeknis

Post #11 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:04 am

NiwatoriFTW wrote:

Did you basically create a XML file with the cards' IDs and then imported the whole thing?

Yes I did.
I guess a freeze for 3-7 days isn't too bad.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #12 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:05 am

who cares
what is it doing to you that a dumb ass custom is in a deck?
is this physically harming you in any way?
no, its not. go home, and continue making your dumb poorly written cards while cheating at ygo on DB.
b

KTeknis

Post #13 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:13 am

tbh I read the custom card section in the rule. Setting the card to "Myself Only" Only prevent other people from searching it. If you get the cards the other way (Importing someone's exported Deck or using the XML ID), It still usable.
Although it does makes it harder for me to get these cards.

DuskWill

Post #14 by DuskWill » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:26 am

KTeknis wrote:tbh I read the custom card section in the rule. Setting the card to "Myself Only" Only prevent other people from searching it. If you get the cards the other way (Importing someone's exported Deck or using the XML ID), It still usable.

Makes sense. Also, I'm pretty sure there's no listed punishment for this unforeseen (and doubtfully wrongful or even problematic) situation, so you probably have nothing to worry about. Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine lege, as they say.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

KTeknis

Post #15 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:40 am

DuskWill wrote:
KTeknis wrote:tbh I read the custom card section in the rule. Setting the card to "Myself Only" Only prevent other people from searching it. If you get the cards the other way (Importing someone's exported Deck or using the XML ID), It still usable.

Makes sense. Also, I'm pretty sure there's no listed punishment for this unforeseen (and doubtfully wrongful or even problematic) situation, so you probably have nothing to worry about. Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine lege, as they say.

Well, that's good to hear. Still, we're gonna wait for the Judge's verdict.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #16 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:03 am

whatever, this just proves you guys actually DO like my custom cards!!!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #17 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:11 am

CrystalMusic wrote:whatever, this just proves you guys actually DO like my custom cards!!!

That's a... biased conclusion, at best.

If anything, I could say that people like using your cards as examples for guidance in card creation. Not always as good examples, if ever, but still...

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #18 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:15 am

CrystalMusic wrote:whatever, this just proves you guys actually DO like my custom cards!!!

you serious?
b

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:16 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:

you serious?

are you?

KTeknis

Post #20 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:19 am

That's the way, CM! Positive Thinking!

Return to “Report Glitch”