players able to put my custom cards into a deck

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
Genexwrecker

Re: players able to put my custom cards into a deck

Post #41 by Genexwrecker » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:03 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
then again if its only being used for entertainment its perfectly legal to use copywritten material. hence the "fair use act"

but if ur using it for personal gain (such as money, fame, ect) or using it to "target" a specific person (or group) im pretty sure that would fall under "illegal copywright".

Nobody is using customs for "personal gain" other than to just have fun with them in duels. I don't know what you mean by "target" or how a person could "target" someone else with fictional playing cards on the internet.

as in using ones face (of a private citizen) on a custom card but the card in general (the name or effect) makes it a complete joke. Or making a card made to offend people with a disability. Say you make a custom that depicts a man in a wheelchair and someone is kicking him, and theres a group of people laughing in the background of the image and the man in the wheelchair is crying. THAT would be "Targeting" a specific person (or set of people) as it can be seen as a direct insult to those with physical handicaps. (Also what kind of person would use such an image?)

You wanna be a private citizen don’t post videos online with you on them people can also take pictures of you in public and use them for any reason you are not copyrighted
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #42 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Nobody is using customs for "personal gain" other than to just have fun with them in duels. I don't know what you mean by "target" or how a person could "target" someone else with fictional playing cards on the internet.

as in using ones face (of a private citizen) on a custom card but the card in general (the name or effect) makes it a complete joke. Or making a card made to offend people with a disability. Say you make a custom that depicts a man in a wheelchair and someone is kicking him, and theres a group of people laughing in the background of the image and the man in the wheelchair is crying. THAT would be "Targeting" a specific person (or set of people) as it can be seen as a direct insult to those with physical handicaps. (Also what kind of person would use such an image?)

You wanna be a private citizen don’t post videos online with you on them people can also take pictures of you in public and use them for any reason you are not copyrighted

copyright belongs to the photographer, who is the creator of that image, since my FACE, that they used on a custom card, was used from a video I UPLOADED from my phones camera, I own the copyrights to it! This is the law! Also my videos cannot be used without permission, as, again, its copywrighted! I made the video, i own the rights to it! You need permission to use something someone owns the rights to. its called Copywright!

if you want to LEGALLY use my face on a card heres the steps to do it:
1 find out where i live!
2: wait till you see me in public (aka when im not in my house!)
3: take a photo
4: you can now use that photo for entertainment purposes as you own the photo!

it doenst matter if the videos i made were taken in public and uploaded publicly. the videos are copywrighted. you need permission from the copywright holder to use the video in part or whole.
Now if you personally saw me in public, then by all rights, you legally own whatever photos or video you took of me and can use it as you see fit as long as its not meant to discrimiate, harass, or ruins ones image. This is copywright law!
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #43 by greg503 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Did you know that people have sold images they found on social media as art? It's crazy how difficult it is to keeps things from circulating online. If it bothers you so much, then file a DMCA claim or something.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #44 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 pm

greg503 wrote:Did you know that people have sold images they found on social media as art? It's crazy how difficult it is to keeps things from circulating online. If it bothers you so much, then file a DMCA claim or something.

way ahead of yall on that.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #45 by LightCaster » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:32 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

copyright belongs to the photographer, who is the creator of that image, since my FACE, that they used on a custom card, was used from a video I UPLOADED from my phones camera, I own the copyrights to it! This is the law! Also my videos cannot be used without permission, as, again, its copywrighted! I made the video, i own the rights to it! You need permission to use something someone owns the rights to. its called Copywright!

1 find out where i live!

it doenst matter if the videos i made were taken in public and uploaded publicly. the videos are copywrighted. you need permission from the copywright holder to use the video in part or whole.
Now if you personally saw me in public, then by all rights, you legally own whatever photos or video you took of me and can use it as you see fit as long as its not meant to discrimiate, harass, or ruins ones image. This is copywright law!

Did you not read what Genexwrecker JUST said?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #46 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:42 pm

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:You wanna be a private citizen don’t post videos online with you on them people can also take pictures of you in public and use them for any reason you are not copyrighted

1 find out where i live!

did you not read what i just said? i stated the LAW!!! so, sorry to burst your bubble, but im far above you on this!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #47 by LightCaster » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

1 find out where i live!

did you not read what i just said? i stated the LAW!!! so, sorry to burst your bubble, but im far above you on this!

Sorry to pull you off your high horse once again, but he literally just said if you don't want people using your "image", don't post videos of yourself. No one's image is ever copyrighted outside of politicians, athletes, and actors. You are not, nor never will be any of these three, so your image is not copyrighted in any shape or form. Even then, it's the internet, a quick google search will get you tons of copyrighted images for the low low price of free. The only time copyright infringement works is if it is used for monetary gain without permission. Your image is not copyrighted and no one uses it for monetary gain. You were never above me. You simply crawl up slightly from the hole you dug yourself, perpetually below me.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #48 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:15 pm

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

Sorry to pull you off your high horse once again, but he literally just said if you don't want people using your "image", don't post videos of yourself. No one's image is ever copyrighted outside of politicians, athletes, and actors. You are not, nor never will be any of these three, so your image is not copyrighted in any shape or form. Even then, it's the internet, a quick google search will get you tons of copyrighted images for the low low price of free. The only time copyright infringement works is if it is used for monetary gain without permission. Your image is not copyrighted and no one uses it for monetary gain. You were never above me. You simply crawl up slightly from the hole you dug yourself, perpetually below me.

so ur ignoring THE LAW! ok nice to know! Copywright can also be included if ur using for personal gain, or harassment or belittlement. you arent going to win on this, i know the law better than you on this!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #49 by LightCaster » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:17 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

so ur ignoring THE LAW! ok nice to know!

You cherrypick everything everyone tells you, dipshit. I just explained to you how copyright infringment works.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #50 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:21 pm

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

You cherrypick everything everyone tells you, dipshit. I just explained to you how copyright infringment works.

aaaand, theres the name calling! wonderful. you never fail at that!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #51 by LightCaster » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

aaaand, theres the name calling! wonderful. you never fail at that!

Because you don't fucking listen to anyone yet expect everyone to listen to you. It doesn't work like that.

Genexwrecker

Post #52 by Genexwrecker » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:25 pm

In order to copyright you have to apply for it and you can’t copyright people no place would let you copyright yourself. You can make a brand of yourself and copyright that if you get it passed but even then it’s just the brand not you. Even for example let’s say you are a photographer that wouldn’t hold up in any court of law that pics you took of yourself or yourself that you then posted online for free can’t be used by others for anything.

Genexwrecker

Post #53 by Genexwrecker » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:29 pm

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

athletes and famous people are not copyrighted their brand is this is why you can still name your kid after stars

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #54 by CrystalMusic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:35 pm

whatever, im done here. yall have a nice day. its a beautiful day here where i live, im not gonna waste it here arguing with people online when i could be outside enjoying the nice weather. Good Day!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #55 by LightCaster » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:whatever, im done here. yall have a nice day. its a beautiful day here where i live, im not gonna waste it here arguing with people online when i could be outside enjoying the nice weather. Good Day!

So you're giving up the discussion. Thank you for the W

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #56 by LightCaster » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:50 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

athletes and famous people are not copyrighted their brand is this is why you can still name your kid after stars

I stand corrected.

Return to “Report Glitch”