blocked players able to join as a watcher

If you experience a glitch on the site, create a topic and tell us about it here
CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

blocked players able to join as a watcher

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:03 am

i have made this post before, but it was seemingly ignored.

i have several people blocked (160+) some i can name off hand like Debt, Neo Fire Sonic, CuteRaichu, LightCaster, etc.
yet somehow, someway they are able to join as a watcher.

the point of a block list is forbid all contact between you and the people on your blocklist. yet this makes it irrelevant if there is a loophole.

My Blocked List showing Debt: https://imgur.com/90PtFGw
A recent duel showing Debt is able to join as a watcher despite being blocked for ages https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21435320

edit: if you tell me to turn off watchers to solve this issue my answer is: NO!
edit 2: disregard this, ill just make sure watching is off or has a pass. sorry for wasting time.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #2 by Debt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:04 am

block stops communication, doesn't stop spectating

Renji Asuka
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 65

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:56 am

Or you know, if you can't handle people watching you play, just put a password so people can't spectate.

LightCaster
User avatar
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 am
Reputation: 31
Location: Illinois
Mood:

Post #4 by LightCaster » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:09 am

CrystalMusic wrote:i have made this post before, but it was seemingly ignored.

i have several people blocked (160+) some i can name off hand like Debt, Neo Fire Sonic, CuteRaichu, LightCaster, etc.
yet somehow, someway they are able to join as a watcher.

the point of a block list is forbid all contact between you and the people on your blocklist. yet this makes it irrelevant if there is a loophole.

My Blocked List showing Debt: https://imgur.com/90PtFGw
A recent duel showing Debt is able to join as a watcher despite being blocked for ages https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21435320

edit: if you tell me to turn off watchers to solve this issue my answer is: NO! im not making YOUR JOB easier!


Or you could be less of a jackass to people so you don't have to encounter such an issue?

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #5 by Debt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:17 am

LightCaster wrote:Or you could be less of a jackass to people so you don't have to encounter such an issue?

That would mean having to take accountability for his own actions when he wants to use this site to be babysat. Lawyer with a daughter and wife btw.

Darkraiclone
User avatar
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 am
Reputation: 16
Mood:

Post #6 by Darkraiclone » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:26 am

CrystalMusic wrote:i have made this post before, but it was seemingly ignored.

i have several people blocked (160+) some i can name off hand like Debt, Neo Fire Sonic, CuteRaichu, LightCaster, etc.
yet somehow, someway they are able to join as a watcher.

the point of a block list is forbid all contact between you and the people on your blocklist. yet this makes it irrelevant if there is a loophole.

My Blocked List showing Debt: https://imgur.com/90PtFGw
A recent duel showing Debt is able to join as a watcher despite being blocked for ages https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21435320

edit: if you tell me to turn off watchers to solve this issue my answer is: NO! im not making YOUR JOB easier!

... Bruh, are you stupid or something? Blocking people means they can't talk to you, not stop them from watching you duel. So yeah, turning off watchers is the only way to stop that. Surely you're not that retarded, you have to be trolling at this point.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.
Image

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #7 by Debt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 am

It's actually cause I'm totally the hacker known as 4chan

EU
User avatar
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 pm
Reputation: 1

Post #8 by EU » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:33 am

Lets say that was the case, they can just go watch the other party and you can't enforce it so people are unable to watch other people they don't have blocked just because you have them blocked, so even if this pointless feature was added it would do nothing.

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:30 pm

Debt wrote:
LightCaster wrote:Or you could be less of a jackass to people so you don't have to encounter such an issue?

That would mean having to take accountability for his own actions when he wants to use this site to be babysat. Lawyer with a daughter and wife btw.


ummm i never said i was married

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #10 by Debt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:41 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:ummm i never said i was married

Image
Keep your lies in check

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 922
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 105

Post #11 by Genexwrecker » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Turn off watchers it’s unrated people are free to watch any game you allow them to
Official Duelingbook Support staff

Darkraiclone
User avatar
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 am
Reputation: 16
Mood:

Post #12 by Darkraiclone » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:18 pm

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:ummm i never said i was married

Image
Keep your lies in check

The evidence is undeniable.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.
Image


Return to “Report Glitch”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests