suggestions

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Geraldoido

suggestions

Post #1 by Geraldoido » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:49 pm

put the option to declare an effect in the graveyard, as should declare in the field, and it would also be nice if you put an ok button to tell my opponent that the declared effect is good.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:25 am

Or you know, just type okay instead of clicking a button

Frankly, the declare effect feature shouldn't had been implemented, cause now people will probably whine if you don't use it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #3 by Christen57 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Or you know, just type okay instead of clicking a button

Frankly, the declare effect feature shouldn't had been implemented, cause now people will probably whine if you don't use it.

It's faster to click declare buttons than to type "eff" every time you want to use an effect.

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:49 pm

You have a chat I’m one of the judges who was against implementing the button at all because you already have the tool to declare effects like irl
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:53 pm

Christen57 wrote:

It's faster to click declare buttons than to type "eff" every time you want to use an effect.

You say that, however, when Mystic Mine was in its prime (Metaverse was at 3), I used Lilith's effect, tributed her, asked my opponent if it was good, and they raged so hard cause I didn't click the green resolve button.

These buttons being implemented shouldn't be a thing cause it can cause issues like the one I stated. (I have no idea why he was so anal about it).

Also, I hate it when people say "eff", well I will tolerate it if it is the only card on the field, however, when they have multiple cards on field it is a lot harder to keep track when people say "eff?" "Eff?" "eff"? Because it can be hard to keep track of which effect. Which is why i use the short version of their names when declaring effects.

That being said, all you have to do is click the chat 1 time and you can type "eff" then enter and be a lot faster than having to move your mouse over a card to see the options then look for said option you want. Hell you can even just say "k" which is faster. And even IF pressing the button would be quicker, you're only saving milliseconds.

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:47 am

Genexwrecker wrote:You have a chat I’m one of the judges who was against implementing the button at all because you already have the tool to declare effects like irl

Duelingbook is duelingbook, not "in real life". In real life, you can speak to your opponent that you want to use the effect of a card. You can't do that on duelingbook since it has no voice chat option.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

You say that, however, when Mystic Mine was in its prime (Metaverse was at 3), I used Lilith's effect, tributed her, asked my opponent if it was good, and they raged so hard cause I didn't click the green resolve button.

These buttons being implemented shouldn't be a thing cause it can cause issues like the one I stated. (I have no idea why he was so anal about it).

Also, I hate it when people say "eff", well I will tolerate it if it is the only card on the field, however, when they have multiple cards on field it is a lot harder to keep track when people say "eff?" "Eff?" "eff"? Because it can be hard to keep track of which effect. Which is why i use the short version of their names when declaring effects.

That being said, all you have to do is click the chat 1 time and you can type "eff" then enter and be a lot faster than having to move your mouse over a card to see the options then look for said option you want. Hell you can even just say "k" which is faster. And even IF pressing the button would be quicker, you're only saving milliseconds.

For lilith's effect, on duelingbook you would just have to use the green resolve button first, then tribute it, so it goes through properly, and just treat it as if you tributed it first then resolved the effect, at least until they let you resolve these kinds of effects in the graveyard.

Another major advantage to manually using the declare button on cards instead of saying "eff" is for example when you're playing infernoids and you use Void Feast to summon 2 Decatrons and 1 Level 6. Then, even if you said "eff decatron" in the chat, your opponent wouldn't know which one, so you would have to say like "eff decatron on my left" and at that point it's just faster to use the declare button on the decatron you wanted to use so the visible blue indicator shows up on the card and both players know which decatron you want to use.

It's still faster to use the declare button instead of typing eff since when you use the declare button, you are clicking 1 button, but when you say "eff" you have to click the chat box to put the insertion point into the chat box, then type E then F then F again before hitting ENTER. That's a total of 5 button presses you need to do to declare an effect, as opposed to just clicking this 1 button to declare the effect and both players know which effect of which monster you want to use in the case of having multiple copies of the same monster on the field.

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:You have a chat I’m one of the judges who was against implementing the button at all because you already have the tool to declare effects like irl

Duelingbook is duelingbook, not "in real life". In real life, you can speak to your opponent that you want to use the effect of a card. You can't do that on duelingbook since it has no voice chat option.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

For lilith's effect, on duelingbook you would just have to use the green resolve button first, then tribute it, so it goes through properly, and just treat it as if you tributed it first then resolved the effect, at least until they let you resolve these kinds of effects in the graveyard.

Another major advantage to manually using the declare button on cards instead of saying "eff" is for example when you're playing infernoids and you use Void Feast to summon 2 Decatrons and 1 Level 6. Then, even if you said "eff decatron" in the chat, your opponent wouldn't know which one, so you would have to say like "eff decatron on my left" and at that point it's just faster to use the declare button on the decatron you wanted to use so the visible blue indicator shows up on the card and both players know which decatron you want to use.

It's still faster to use the declare button instead of typing eff since when you use the declare button, you are clicking 1 button, but when you say "eff" you have to click the chat box to put the insertion point into the chat box, then type E then F then F again before hitting ENTER. That's a total of 5 button presses you need to do to declare an effect, as opposed to just clicking this 1 button to declare the effect and both players know which effect of which monster you want to use in the case of having multiple copies of the same monster on the field.

Going to break down your post to make it easier to respond to.

"For lilith's effect, on duelingbook you would just have to use the green resolve button first, then tribute it, so it goes through properly, and just treat it as if you tributed it first then resolved the effect, at least until they let you resolve these kinds of effects in the graveyard."
No, I don't have to press the green button, I can do it manually, just like how I am able to do the effect manually before that button existed. I don't HAVE to press it. The fact people think I DO have to press it, only proves my point.

"Another major advantage to manually using the declare button on cards instead of saying "eff" is for example when you're playing infernoids and you use Void Feast to summon 2 Decatrons and 1 Level 6. Then, even if you said "eff decatron" in the chat,"

And the opponent can just ask, "which decatron?". Cause you know, communication to be used just like in real life.

And that brings me into my main point, frankly, I rather these features be removed as it removes the social aspect of the game to me, because if you're literally clicking buttons to resolve cards or to show whats activating, why even play on Duelingbook? Why not just go to YgoPro instead? I played on DN BECAUSE it was manual and by adding these buttons it takes away from that.

Archangel Azrael

Post #8 by Archangel Azrael » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:51 am

Please for love of God get rid of Customs i personally love it dont kid me wrong but its created a new toxic level in yugioh with hostility that it just ruins the game for you then if it was on a fair field with real cards. For at the end of the day no one really walks away happy just a headache the size of a tumor

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:33 am

Archangel Azrael wrote:Please for love of God get rid of Customs i personally love it dont kid me wrong but its created a new toxic level in yugioh with hostility that it just ruins the game for you then if it was on a fair field with real cards. For at the end of the day no one really walks away happy just a headache the size of a tumor

Customs are fine, the issue is, everyone either doesn't know how PSCT works or people have a different idea of balance.

Also customs are fine in the sense that players CAN recreate pre-release cards and test new cards before DB puts them in.

Christen57

Post #10 by Christen57 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:57 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Renji Asuka wrote:You say that, however, when Mystic Mine was in its prime (Metaverse was at 3), I used Lilith's effect, tributed her, asked my opponent if it was good, and they raged so hard cause I didn't click the green resolve button.

Going to break down your post to make it easier to respond to.

"For lilith's effect, on duelingbook you would just have to use the green resolve button first, then tribute it, so it goes through properly, and just treat it as if you tributed it first then resolved the effect, at least until they let you resolve these kinds of effects in the graveyard."
No, I don't have to press the green button, I can do it manually, just like how I am able to do the effect manually before that button existed. I don't HAVE to press it. The fact people think I DO have to press it, only proves my point.

Alright. "Have" wasn't the correct word. I should have said that pressing it and using it's built-in feature is easier and faster than manually tributing it, manually choosing Card A, Card B, and Card C from your deck, and then rolling the dice going "Card A 1-2 Card B 3-4 Card C 5-6" while waiting for the dice animation to finish playing, then finally putting that card in your hand.

Renji Asuka wrote:"Another major advantage to manually using the declare button on cards instead of saying "eff" is for example when you're playing infernoids and you use Void Feast to summon 2 Decatrons and 1 Level 6. Then, even if you said "eff decatron" in the chat,"

And the opponent can just ask, "which decatron?". Cause you know, communication to be used just like in real life.

But again, that takes much longer than simply using the declare button which automatically highlights "which decatron".

Renji Asuka wrote:And that brings me into my main point, frankly, I rather these features be removed as it removes the social aspect of the game to me, because if you're literally clicking buttons to resolve cards or to show whats activating, why even play on Duelingbook? Why not just go to YgoPro instead? I played on DN BECAUSE it was manual and by adding these buttons it takes away from that.

Because Ygopro has a daily playerbase of like 30 to 40 players at max, and that's including the combined/total playerbase of both their EU and their US servers, while dueling book has between hundreds if not thousands of people playing it every day, so it's far easier and faster to find opponents on the latter.

Genexwrecker

Post #11 by Genexwrecker » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:24 pm

Duelingbook is designed to mimic irl play
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Return to “Suggestions”