Custom Card Features

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Neo_Fire_Sonic

Re: Custom Card Features

Post #41 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:53 am

Shugunou wrote:I still want to use "SS" since I already have it on all my other cards.

no

use proper psct
b

Renji Asuka

Post #42 by Renji Asuka » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:17 am

Shugunou wrote:I wasn't the first to use it. DuelLogs did first.

Doesn't matter who does it first, it isn't proper PSCT.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Shugunou

Post #43 by Shugunou » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 am

At least you can tell what it does. Most of the stuff I see is like "summon gem fusion" with nothing else but a cost or condition that is not worded properly. Do they want you to summon a monster with the word "gem" in its name, is gem a series, is it a new card type. Also what kind of summon? Just a regular special summon, a fusion summon, or some weird mechanic that lets you normal or flip summon from weird places. Speaking of which, where do you summon from. This is the kind of thing people play against me and I don't even mention that it is impossible to know what the card does without being told. If what they do with it isn't BS, I assume that is what they meant. You should at least let me use acronyms and fan terms. The only terms I really use are "SS" and "Banish Pile" which is mostly to save space, but also to save time and energy. The place where things go after being banished should have a name. I guess I also say "Warrior" instead of "Warrior Monster" but stating it is a monster is redundant and unnecessary since there are no "Warrior Spells" or "Warrior Traps". I also say that the monster inflicts piercing damage without saying it happens when it battles a defense position monster with less DEF. Think about it, when else could a monster inflict piercing damage apart from battling a monster with less DEF than it has ATK in DEF position. I think using fan terms is fine. Afterall, Konami does it. "Piercing" and "Banish" were originally fan terms. The same with "Level". Imagine if we had to say "The difference as battle damage", "Remove from play", and "Level Stars" every time.

Shugunou

Post #44 by Shugunou » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 am

PSCT is only there to make it easier to read and save space. What I do serves the same purpose. Saying that what I am doing means less than PSCT is like saying that I am less than Konami. So I take it as a direct insult to me.

greg503

Post #45 by greg503 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:03 am

PSCT is the gold standard because it allows judges to come to the correct ruling solely by reading the card... right Babycerasaurus?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #46 by Renji Asuka » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Shugunou wrote:PSCT is only there to make it easier to read and save space. What I do serves the same purpose. Saying that what I am doing means less than PSCT is like saying that I am less than Konami. So I take it as a direct insult to me.

That isn't an excuse to not use proper PSCT. There is a reason why PSCT exists, so use it. Otherwise, you're lazy.

Shugunou

Post #47 by Shugunou » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:16 am

You didn't read past the first few words, did you? -_-

Christen57

Post #48 by Christen57 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Shugunou wrote:The archetype wasn't meant to be all in one deck. It was meant to have multiple options for you to choose. The archetype has 2 dummies. I could try the extra deck idea, but the fact that it is limited to 3 copies might be an issue.

Then give the "extra deck token" an effect where it puts itself back in the Extra Deck once it is removed from the field or hits the graveyard or gets banished or whatever, and that the effect cannot be negated.

Shugunou wrote:At least you can tell what it does. Most of the stuff I see is like "summon gem fusion" with nothing else but a cost or condition that is not worded properly. Do they want you to summon a monster with the word "gem" in its name, is gem a series, is it a new card type. Also what kind of summon? Just a regular special summon, a fusion summon, or some weird mechanic that lets you normal or flip summon from weird places. Speaking of which, where do you summon from. This is the kind of thing people play against me and I don't even mention that it is impossible to know what the card does without being told. If what they do with it isn't BS, I assume that is what they meant.

Then they should use better Problem-Solving Card Text too.

Shugunou wrote:I think using fan terms is fine. Afterall, Konami does it. "Piercing" and "Banish" were originally fan terms. The same with "Level". Imagine if we had to say "The difference as battle damage", "Remove from play", and "Level Stars" every time.

Konami is very reluctant to use new fan terms since while it does save space, it also makes things more confusing if done too much. Imagine if Mystical Space Typhoon said "T 1 ST on da F; D dat T" instead of "Target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy that target". There are some instances where it helps to shorten things like Graveyard > GY while it is still easy to understand but making Special Summon > SS means some people could interpret that as the Six Samurai archetype (which did actually happen about a decade ago believe it or not), or as Synchro Summon, instead of Special Summon, and making Flip Summon > FS means some people could interpret that as Fusion Summon instead of Flip Summon.

Not only that, but Problem-Solving Card Text has to be the same throughout all countries, regardless of what language they use, so if North American konami changes Special Summon to SS all the other countries have to change it to that too so everyone is on the same page with everything, but SS could be mistranslated as something else in other foreign languages in ways we can't predict.

It's the same reason stop signs are always red and are shaped like octagons, while no other road sign in the world will have that same shape, because it keeps things simple while also being easy for all drivers to understand since they automatically know it's a stop sign since no other sign in the word has that shape and thus nobody, no matter what country they are from or what they are used to, can ever mistake the stop sign for something else.

Not only that, but Problem-Solving Card Text, even when it comes to customs on duelingbook, has to be the official kind that konami uses, meaning you can't just "make up" your own Problem-Solving Card Text until or unless konami comes up with that and makes that official. Otherwise it isn't Problem-Solving Card Text.

Shugunou wrote:I wasn't the first to use it. DuelLogs did first.

That term "SS" in yugioh was first coined in late 2007, just about a year before Synchros came out in 2008. Then konami released Synchros, so now they can't just make SS an official term or there will be all the confusing I've mentioned.

Renji Asuka

Post #49 by Renji Asuka » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Shugunou wrote:You didn't read past the first few words, did you? -_-

Doesn't matter what excuse you have. Just use proper PSCT.

Shugunou

Post #50 by Shugunou » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 pm

Okay, you have some good points Christen57, but since I am only making the card in English, it is fine if I use fan terms, assuming people know what they mean. As for Renji Asuka, your input was virtually useless and was more toxic than constructive. I would rather you not comment on my posts anymore.

Renji Asuka

Post #51 by Renji Asuka » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:14 pm

Shugunou wrote:Okay, you have some good points Christen57, but since I am only making the card in English, it is fine if I use fan terms, assuming people know what they mean. As for Renji Asuka, your input was virtually useless and was more toxic than constructive. I would rather you not comment on my posts anymore.

No, it is not fine if you use fan terms, just use proper PSCT.

Shugunou

Post #52 by Shugunou » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:59 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Shugunou wrote:Okay, you have some good points Christen57, but since I am only making the card in English, it is fine if I use fan terms, assuming people know what they mean. As for Renji Asuka, your input was virtually useless and was more toxic than constructive. I would rather you not comment on my posts anymore.

I tried to let you off nicely, but you won't listen. Now I have to block you.

Renji Asuka

Post #53 by Renji Asuka » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Shugunou wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

I tried to let you off nicely, but you won't listen. Now I have to block you.

And you been told to just use proper PSCT by multiple people.

MRONETURNKILL

Post #54 by MRONETURNKILL » Mon May 03, 2021 2:14 pm

I also think the custom section needs more Card text space. The reason. If you put new kind of effects into the card texts the normal game never used, then you need space for rulling notes. Also if you want to break some rullings with your effects, you need to explain it on your cards if there are questions.

Christen57

Post #55 by Christen57 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:34 pm

Looks like you got what you wanted. Today I was able to post 2000-character long text in my custom card effect and save it successfully. Previously the limit was 1000 characters, now I can go up to 2000, and only when I exceeded 2000 did it say the effect was too long.

Return to “Suggestions”