Improvement to Block Option

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
QuakeNLD

Improvement to Block Option

Post #1 by QuakeNLD » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:49 am

Ah why not? I just post this here. I actually feel a couple of issues might arise in the future about the Block Option of the site.

1. Remove the Status Messages Limitations.
If somebody is blocked, that person cannot say the name anymore of that person in the status messages (nor respond to their topics). While I understand that the blocked person cannot respond to the messages of the person that blocked him/her. I do not see a use for limitations on the text that the person cannot write that person's nickname. So I would like to suggest removing that of the website. If people want to type your name, even if you blocked them, they should be allowed to do so.

2. If you are Blocked, make it that you cannot challenge that person in Unrated.
I get it! Rated everything goes, so obviously in Rated there is not the possibility of you to manipulate who you are going to play and who not. But for Unrated, if you have somebody blocked, and you are hosting a game, that blocked player can still request a duel. If you have multiple people blocked: you cannot assume people know their ignore list inside out, and maybe they blocked him for a very good reason (cheating for example). My suggestion is make it that if you are Blocked, you cannot challenge that player for a Duel.

(in case of war duels etc. just force to unblock them temporary)

3. Remove the: "You cannot block this user because you sent the most recent message"! This one I honestly have no idea why it's even there. While never really having an issue with it personally, this can annoy a lot of people who are simply incapable of blocking somebody just because they sent them a message 3 months ago before the person started spamming in the public chat. AT MINIMUM I would request a time limit for that.

Anyway, those are my 3 cents.
"If you gonna quote somebody, at least quote somebody amazing"
- Me

Monarch Snow

Post #2 by Monarch Snow » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:56 am

Here's my opinion on it.

1. The person cannot view the duels in any location whether it be ranked/unranked. It is quite annoying if someone blocked you and they can still follow you around for the sake of trolling. That's bullshit.

2. You cannot follow a user that is blocked and their username will NOT appear in the online users list or profile search.

3. If someone blocks and then unblocks a person, they cannot block that person unless they send them a message. (This lines up with #1).

(A person you want to block has you blocked. They can stalk you and its annoying, but if they unblock to watch your games, they cannot block, unless the person they formerly had blocked sends a message.)

4. We do NOT need interaction with someone in order to be able to block them. Many social media platforms have this feature, so just let us be able to block at free-will, but follow closely listen to what I listed above. It might sound complicated but if you tried resolving it or if you could create it, it would be a huge upgrade.
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 Konami® Certified Judge
Retired Duelingbook Tournament Organizer
Retired Ozone Host/Administrator
Retired Judge in DU, DNx, /r/ Subrredit Discord, & The Ruling Zone
Founder of i3 & Harmonic Souls: Organized Play

Kaiza
Mood:

Post #3 by Kaiza » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 am

you know that'll place me on the block list of many, many, many people

but if #2 is implemented I wont mind them at all

XtevensChannel

Post #4 by XtevensChannel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:19 am

We will make these changes:

The status updates limitations will be removed, since the blocked user won't see the status update.

A blocked user won't be able to join a duel that you are hosting.

If you didn't send the most recent private message, you will still be able to block that user if a certain period of time has passed since the last message.

Return to “Suggestions”