Grant admins authority over unrated formats please!

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 10
Location: Canada
Mood:

Grant admins authority over unrated formats please!

Post #1 by parhelia_0000 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Earlier today on May 20th 2020, I did a Rush duel against Hitta Lover. I was at an advantage and was about to win the duel on my third turn, until this happened. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-18465890

It's not just custom format players that have to deal with those who abuse the Pause button. Even Rush duel, speed duel, traditional format and even in unrated Advanced formats, we're seeing players who are acting like sore losers by demanding wins that they do not deserve in the first place. This is creating an unhealthy environment that's virtually making almost every single unrated duels unplayable.

Remember what I said before in the previous thread that we need to restrict the Pause buttons to ranked duels only? I feel as though that won't be enough. We need to make sure admins have authority over unranked duels as well, so that any form of malicious abuse of Pause buttons are strictly dealt with.

Yes, some people will say that it's best to ragequit and start a fresh duel. However, who has the patience of ragequitting over 50+ duels JUST to find opponents who will actually respect the game? At this point, this is a necessary evil we must adopt in order to make DB's unranked sections healthy again.

I remember back in the Dueling Network days when admins there used to be able to enforce the rules in unranked sections as well. I would like to see such enforcement make its return to DB as well. Thank you.

Renji Asuka
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 34

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 20, 2020 3:59 pm

if your opponent is going to use the pause button to screw it, you know they already lost, so just leave and play against someone else. You waste more time if you stay in games like that.

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 10
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #3 by parhelia_0000 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Duelists like that will use those duels as an excuse to rub their so-called "win" records against us. I can't allow that to happen any longer. At this point I don't care if admins become dictators at this point, I WANT TO SEE ORDER IN UNRATED DUELS!

Debt
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 61

Post #4 by Debt » Wed May 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Hitta's been running this routine for like 6 years

superamaro
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:57 pm
Reputation: 1

Post #5 by superamaro » Wed May 20, 2020 5:27 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:Duelists like that will use those duels as an excuse to rub their so-called "win" records against us. I can't allow that to happen any longer.


why do you even care

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 51

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 20, 2020 5:52 pm

I'm not judging custom games. that aside unrated is unrated for a reason. it is considered casual play where you dont need to worry about judges for a reason. if you are in an actual tournament we have judges that help with those. if ur just playing casually just leave thea game if the other person does not want to play.

and trust me we do have authority in unrated. we just dont join those games as we have calls to get to. if somebody breaks certain db rules like threatening you or such in an unrated game you can file an appeal with the game replay and we will look at it.
I currently Oversee the Tournament Organizers 3/17/19

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 10
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #7 by parhelia_0000 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:23 pm

superamaro wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Duelists like that will use those duels as an excuse to rub their so-called "win" records against us. I can't allow that to happen any longer.


why do you even care


Some of us actually care about win/loss records from Duel Records, even if it doesn't count as part of the Ranked duels.

Genexwrecker wrote:I'm not judging custom games. that aside unrated is unrated for a reason. it is considered casual play where you dont need to worry about judges for a reason. if you are in an actual tournament we have judges that help with those. if ur just playing casually just leave thea game if the other person does not want to play.

and trust me we do have authority in unrated. we just dont join those games as we have calls to get to. if somebody breaks certain db rules like threatening you or such in an unrated game you can file an appeal with the game replay and we will look at it.

Casual play does not matter if virtually almost every single unrated games is unplayable thanks to some trolls who decide that demanding wins is far easier than playing fair and earning their wins fair and square. This is not fair towards those who want to have fun in a casual environment, and have spent so much time building (and/or creating their decks in the case of custom players like myself) only to see that effort go to waste thanks to those idiots who only exist to ruin their fun.

Honestly, if admins truly had authority in unranked duels, we'd be seeing toxic players like CrystalMusic, AromaGirl and even Hitta getting frozen and/or banned in an instant due to their unhealthy contribution to the unranked format. I want to see it happen. I want to see those changes being done. I want to see some punishment handed out to those who only play in unranked formats to ruin the fun for others.

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 51

Post #8 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 20, 2020 11:28 pm

being annoying isnt a crime. that being said yes there are lots of trolls. there are also vastly more people that are not trolls. you come across a troll block them and leave and move on. you arent forced to duel them. people who do break the site rules are penalized accordingly. just because you dont see something happen to somebody doesnt mean something wasnt done.
I currently Oversee the Tournament Organizers 3/17/19

Renji Asuka
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 34

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
superamaro wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:Duelists like that will use those duels as an excuse to rub their so-called "win" records against us. I can't allow that to happen any longer.


why do you even care


Some of us actually care about win/loss records from Duel Records, even if it doesn't count as part of the Ranked duels.

Genexwrecker wrote:I'm not judging custom games. that aside unrated is unrated for a reason. it is considered casual play where you dont need to worry about judges for a reason. if you are in an actual tournament we have judges that help with those. if ur just playing casually just leave thea game if the other person does not want to play.

and trust me we do have authority in unrated. we just dont join those games as we have calls to get to. if somebody breaks certain db rules like threatening you or such in an unrated game you can file an appeal with the game replay and we will look at it.

Casual play does not matter if virtually almost every single unrated games is unplayable thanks to some trolls who decide that demanding wins is far easier than playing fair and earning their wins fair and square. This is not fair towards those who want to have fun in a casual environment, and have spent so much time building (and/or creating their decks in the case of custom players like myself) only to see that effort go to waste thanks to those idiots who only exist to ruin their fun.

Honestly, if admins truly had authority in unranked duels, we'd be seeing toxic players like CrystalMusic, AromaGirl and even Hitta getting frozen and/or banned in an instant due to their unhealthy contribution to the unranked format. I want to see it happen. I want to see those changes being done. I want to see some punishment handed out to those who only play in unranked formats to ruin the fun for others.

First, a couple things wrong here.

You claim "Casual play does not matter if virtually almost every single unrated games is unplayable"

Then proceed with "thanks to some trolls who decide that demanding wins is far easier than playing fair and earning their wins fair and square."

You imply that virtually almost any single unrated game is unplayable, then proceed to back it up with "some trolls". But that can't be true in the slightest IF there was only "some" trolls. Which shows you are doing nothing but exaggerating, which doesn't help your case.

"This is not fair towards those who want to have fun in a casual environment, and have spent so much time building (and/or creating their decks in the case of custom players like myself) only to see that effort go to waste thanks to those idiots who only exist to ruin their fun."

So this right here, trolls exist in every game, just leave and move to another game. Or start creating a list of users who troll when they lose and avoid them at all costs. Its literally a player solving problem.

"Honestly, if admins truly had authority in unranked duels, we'd be seeing toxic players like CrystalMusic, AromaGirl and even Hitta getting frozen and/or banned in an instant due to their unhealthy contribution to the unranked format."

I don't know anything about AromaGirl or Hitta as I never had a conversation with them or seen any of their conversations. The duels I did have with AromaGirl is just them quitting without saying a word, and I never heard of Hitta. So I can't really comment on those 2. CrystalMusic on the other hand, literally harasses other users on the forum when they make call out threads and even in duels where they call their opponent retards while acting superior despite them being wrong. That being said, something should be done about CrystalMusic.

However, if you're referring to how they play the game, the way I see it, they have fun playing their way, whether it is fair or not doesn't matter. If you don't like the way they play the game, then, don't play them. When people start wising up to their crap and they can't get duels, they'll most likely quit. But you shouldn't try and dictate how others should have fun. That isn't an answer.

" I want to see some punishment handed out to those who only play in unranked formats to ruin the fun for others."

If this was a rule, its really vague, I don't think its fun watching people play for 10+ minutes for their first turn while I'm sitting there waiting for them to end. So does that mean those players who do should be punished? I think not.

Debt
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 61

Post #10 by Debt » Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 am

I don't think unrated duels need judge oversight. There's already a perceived lack of judges and overextending judges just makes for a poorer experience for all rooms.

LightCaster
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 am
Reputation: 21
Location: Illinois
Mood:

Post #11 by LightCaster » Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 am

I mean with people like CrystalMusic running around. We might as well need judges in customs just to uphold site rules

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 11

Post #12 by Christen57 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:10 pm

LightCaster wrote:I mean with people like CrystalMusic running around. We might as well need judges in customs just to uphold site rules

Not really. Just report people like him if they break the rules and send a replay to the staff so they'll deal with it without having to send a judge to the duel, so that way the judge can focus on the more important calls in the rated duels.

james123
User avatar
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 12
Mood:

Post #13 by james123 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Earlier today on May 20th 2020, I did a Rush duel against Hitta Lover. I was at an advantage and was about to win the duel on my third turn, until this happened. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-18465890

It's not just custom format players that have to deal with those who abuse the Pause button. Even Rush duel, speed duel, traditional format and even in unrated Advanced formats, we're seeing players who are acting like sore losers by demanding wins that they do not deserve in the first place. This is creating an unhealthy environment that's virtually making almost every single unrated duels unplayable.

Remember what I said before in the previous thread that we need to restrict the Pause buttons to ranked duels only? I feel as though that won't be enough. We need to make sure admins have authority over unranked duels as well, so that any form of malicious abuse of Pause buttons are strictly dealt with.

Yes, some people will say that it's best to ragequit and start a fresh duel. However, who has the patience of ragequitting over 50+ duels JUST to find opponents who will actually respect the game? At this point, this is a necessary evil we must adopt in order to make DB's unranked sections healthy again.

I remember back in the Dueling Network days when admins there used to be able to enforce the rules in unranked sections as well. I would like to see such enforcement make its return to DB as well. Thank you.

I mean, Sure if you want to exterminate that CrystalB**ch or Canadian Coward
"This is a Backup when I get banned from the Forums, So... I still use my james111 account, Cuz Well, Reasons...."

james123
User avatar
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 12
Mood:

Post #14 by james123 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 am

Christen57 wrote:
LightCaster wrote:I mean with people like CrystalMusic running around. We might as well need judges in customs just to uphold site rules

Not really. Just report people like him if they break the rules and send a replay to the staff so they'll deal with it without having to send a judge to the duel, so that way the judge can focus on the more important calls in the rated duels.

I tried it on CrystalMusic and Comrade, but it back fired
"This is a Backup when I get banned from the Forums, So... I still use my james111 account, Cuz Well, Reasons...."

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 11

Post #15 by Christen57 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm

james123 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
LightCaster wrote:I mean with people like CrystalMusic running around. We might as well need judges in customs just to uphold site rules

Not really. Just report people like him if they break the rules and send a replay to the staff so they'll deal with it without having to send a judge to the duel, so that way the judge can focus on the more important calls in the rated duels.

I tried it on CrystalMusic and Comrade, but it back fired

What do you mean "it back fired"? What exactly happened?

CrawTheShrimp
User avatar
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Post #16 by CrawTheShrimp » Thu May 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Imagine needing judges in Unrated.
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

james123
User avatar
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 12
Mood:

Post #17 by james123 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Christen57 wrote:
james123 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Not really. Just report people like him if they break the rules and send a replay to the staff so they'll deal with it without having to send a judge to the duel, so that way the judge can focus on the more important calls in the rated duels.

I tried it on CrystalMusic and Comrade, but it back fired

What do you mean "it back fired"? What exactly happened?

Well, I clicked Report Abuse, But CrystalMusic and Comrade were Still Alive, the latter got me in trouble
"This is a Backup when I get banned from the Forums, So... I still use my james111 account, Cuz Well, Reasons...."

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 11

Post #18 by Christen57 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:26 pm

james123 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
james123 wrote:I tried it on CrystalMusic and Comrade, but it back fired

What do you mean "it back fired"? What exactly happened?

Well, I clicked Report Abuse, But CrystalMusic and Comrade were Still Alive, the latter got me in trouble

What did you say in your report description?

james123
User avatar
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 am
Reputation: 12
Mood:

Post #19 by james123 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:56 pm

Christen57 wrote:
james123 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:What do you mean "it back fired"? What exactly happened?

Well, I clicked Report Abuse, But CrystalMusic and Comrade were Still Alive, the latter got me in trouble

What did you say in your report description?

I can't remember
"This is a Backup when I get banned from the Forums, So... I still use my james111 account, Cuz Well, Reasons...."

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 11

Post #20 by Christen57 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 pm

james123 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
james123 wrote:Well, I clicked Report Abuse, But CrystalMusic and Comrade were Still Alive, the latter got me in trouble

What did you say in your report description?

I can't remember

You should be able to go to your private messages to see if the report is still there.
https://forum.duelingbook.com/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox


Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 26 guests