to all meta users

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Osammot88

to all meta users

Post #1 by Osammot88 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:53 pm

tonight i got banned only because i got angry against a meta user.
i just want to ask in your opinion it's okay every damned time to waste something like 15 minutes watching your opponent doing 362536453635 special summons in a turn?
and for the player who use that kind of decks my theory is the following:you suck in real life under every kind of aspect and you try to be popular at this site to feel better.
well i have bad news for you because even if you became the best player in the history of this fucking site no one in real life care a shit about and you'll remain the same losers as you are when you'll woke up next morning.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:19 pm

1, stop being a scrub
2, no matter what game you play, there will always be "META" and players who play META.
3, how is this a suggestion?
4, stop worrying about what other players use and either just play out the duel, or leave.
5, this is yugioh in today's game, don't like it, quit yugioh.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Osammot88

Post #3 by Osammot88 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:1, stop being a scrub
2, no matter what game you play, there will always be "META" and players who play META.
4, stop worrying about what other players use and either just play out the duel, or leave.

you are surely a meta user well enjoy your useless life trying to get popular on an online duel simulator because the only think you0're gonna get is to annoy people with your deck for little childrens.

Christen57

Post #4 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Next time don't get angry against meta users...

Debt

Post #5 by Debt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:08 am

troglyte
Mood:

Post #6 by troglyte » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:09 am

This is why we all say that the casuals are the worst kinds of yugioh players.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 am

Osammot88 wrote:

you are surely a meta user well enjoy your useless life trying to get popular on an online duel simulator because the only think you0're gonna get is to annoy people with your deck for little childrens.

Jokes on you, I haven't even touched the game since MR3 cause my Metalfoe deck died in MR4 due to banlist and the Link Mechanic. But, nice assumption with 0 proof.

Nightmare in Reality

Post #8 by Nightmare in Reality » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:22 am

That's how the game is now. Deal with it or don't play.

Slitina

Post #9 by Slitina » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:13 am

Ahh the smell of an angry player who has to rant about how the game is today. It's not like there aren't other players that have same argument.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #10 by Darkraiclone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Okay, hard to swallow truth here. Every game with a competitive scene always has a META game, that's just how it is, and like it or not some people who play games competitively will always play the META. It doesn't matter if you're playing Yugioh, MTG, Pokémon, DnD, or even Warhammer 40k/AoS there is always gonna be a META game to it.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Wek

Post #11 by Wek » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:43 pm

Osammot88 wrote:tonight i got banned only because i got angry against a meta user.
i just want to ask in your opinion it's okay every damned time to waste something like 15 minutes watching your opponent doing 362536453635 special summons in a turn?
and for the player who use that kind of decks my theory is the following:you suck in real life under every kind of aspect and you try to be popular at this site to feel better.
well i have bad news for you because even if you became the best player in the history of this fucking site no one in real life care a shit about and you'll remain the same losers as you are when you'll woke up next morning.

Osammot88 wrote:

Thank you for advertising why rated is such a good place. :D I'm glad to hear it still freezes the toxic members to prevent them from playing.

TheNastyDoctor
Mood:

Post #12 by TheNastyDoctor » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Konami is a company, they don't care about your tears, they only care about the money they can make by selling op / broken cards.

Debt

Post #13 by Debt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:Okay, hard to swallow truth here. Every game with a competitive scene always has a META game, that's just how it is, and like it or not some people who play games competitively will always play the META. It doesn't matter if you're playing Yugioh, MTG, Pokémon, DnD, or even Warhammer 40k/AoS there is always gonna be a META game to it.

Even Divekick has a fucking meta. It's literally a 2 button fighting game and it has a meta. That's how inescapable metagames are.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #14 by Darkraiclone » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:23 am

Debt wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Okay, hard to swallow truth here. Every game with a competitive scene always has a META game, that's just how it is, and like it or not some people who play games competitively will always play the META. It doesn't matter if you're playing Yugioh, MTG, Pokémon, DnD, or even Warhammer 40k/AoS there is always gonna be a META game to it.

Even Divekick has a fucking meta. It's literally a 2 button fighting game and it has a meta. That's how inescapable metagames are.

Precisely.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

BrainStone

Post #15 by BrainStone » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:21 pm

The one thing that always makes me wonder is people that try to enter the competitive scene and consequently instantly complain about the meta when they realize their stategies/decks/whatever is utterly shit against the competitive meta.

I mean I understand you. It's extremely frustrating watching your opponent having a one man show for 30 minutes. Already knowing that you probably can't out what they'll throw on the board. And sure as hell I understand you just want to play your pet deck and have fun. That's fine. But you have to undestand that people playing the game better than you is not their fault. People like being good. People like winning.

And now the one thing I'm not sure is if were playing competitively or not.
Assuming you were then your argument is just an utter joke. Like you enter the reals where people actively try to be the best player. Of course they are gonna kick your fucking ass. I mean try entering any competetion really. If your opponent is a certain level above your skill/experience level you have no chance of beating them and it will be frustrating.
I also know that a common response is "Just ban X. And the game will be fun again". And to that my answer will be: No. It'll be the same exact thing. Maybe the machanics being used are different but people will stick kick your ass. The only way to prevent that would be limiting the game so bad that it's essentially random who wins. And there's just no point in that, is there. As long as it's possible to be good at the game, people will be. They'll find broken combinations, OP effects, crazy plays, loops and what not. They always have and they always will be. And it doesn't matter that you're frustrated that you suck against competitive players.

Now I urge you to grow up and understand that playing competitive means getting rekt until you learn the meta and then playing the meta. Or trying to be anti meta.

And another thing is that decks can suddenly become meta. That happend to me. I played spell counters. Mythical Beasts originally. I mean they sucked. But I enjoyed playing them. Then came along Endymion. And suddenly my deck was rouge tier. And suddenly people started getting pissed at me for playing that deck casually. My build wasn't even good. But casual players hated it because it was a "meta deck". That's why I stopeed playing casually. It's just stupid because people are so judgemental. All because their feelings of being good are in danger when an actually good deck crosses their path. And just because that deck happened to be good at that moment.

Now adding on the point of growing up, you need to learn to lose. You need to learn to be a good sport. If you know you can't beat a deck and you don't want to watch the game, feel free to leave. Also don't play competetively if your deck is not competetive. Understand that complaining about the meta is pointless, as removing X will just spawn Y. Or removing enough Xs will eventually lead to the game being a fancy dice roll. The meta will always evolve. And nobody has decided what the current meta is going to be. It's just what's currently best.

In any case stop being a fucking scrub and grow up.

BrainStone

Post #16 by BrainStone » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Debt wrote:http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Holy shit. That article is on point.

Renji Asuka

Post #17 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:11 am

BrainStone wrote:The one thing that always makes me wonder is people that try to enter the competitive scene and consequently instantly complain about the meta when they realize their stategies/decks/whatever is utterly shit against the competitive meta.

I mean I understand you. It's extremely frustrating watching your opponent having a one man show for 30 minutes. Already knowing that you probably can't out what they'll throw on the board. And sure as hell I understand you just want to play your pet deck and have fun. That's fine. But you have to undestand that people playing the game better than you is not their fault. People like being good. People like winning.

And now the one thing I'm not sure is if were playing competitively or not.
Assuming you were then your argument is just an utter joke. Like you enter the reals where people actively try to be the best player. Of course they are gonna kick your fucking ass. I mean try entering any competetion really. If your opponent is a certain level above your skill/experience level you have no chance of beating them and it will be frustrating.
I also know that a common response is "Just ban X. And the game will be fun again". And to that my answer will be: No. It'll be the same exact thing. Maybe the machanics being used are different but people will stick kick your ass. The only way to prevent that would be limiting the game so bad that it's essentially random who wins. And there's just no point in that, is there. As long as it's possible to be good at the game, people will be. They'll find broken combinations, OP effects, crazy plays, loops and what not. They always have and they always will be. And it doesn't matter that you're frustrated that you suck against competitive players.

Now I urge you to grow up and understand that playing competitive means getting rekt until you learn the meta and then playing the meta. Or trying to be anti meta.

And another thing is that decks can suddenly become meta. That happend to me. I played spell counters. Mythical Beasts originally. I mean they sucked. But I enjoyed playing them. Then came along Endymion. And suddenly my deck was rouge tier. And suddenly people started getting pissed at me for playing that deck casually. My build wasn't even good. But casual players hated it because it was a "meta deck". That's why I stopeed playing casually. It's just stupid because people are so judgemental. All because their feelings of being good are in danger when an actually good deck crosses their path. And just because that deck happened to be good at that moment.

Now adding on the point of growing up, you need to learn to lose. You need to learn to be a good sport. If you know you can't beat a deck and you don't want to watch the game, feel free to leave. Also don't play competetively if your deck is not competetive. Understand that complaining about the meta is pointless, as removing X will just spawn Y. Or removing enough Xs will eventually lead to the game being a fancy dice roll. The meta will always evolve. And nobody has decided what the current meta is going to be. It's just what's currently best.

In any case stop being a fucking scrub and grow up.

Honestly, Meta (for Yugioh and for trading card games in general) is really weird compared to a set video game (Say Pokemon Red, Blue and Pikachu Edition) In Trading Card games, there has been decks that were only meta, because they were popular, not because they were "good". I mean look at the HERO Strike Structure deck, the deck wasn't necessarily "good" and it was Meta at my locals (Yes, I know locals Meta can differ heavily compared to something like a regionals). The only reason it was so popular was because of the huge HERO fan base, that and Dark law which put in the most work. Another deck that is an example of this was Tellarknights. Prior to it winning worlds, it was 90% of my match ups when Lightsworn rulers fell in popularity, so on DN that was my META. The actual META if I recall was Shaddolls, Burning Abyss and Qliphorts and when Nekroz showed up, I still only faced Tellarknights, while I played Hand Nekroz. Hell even Blue-Eyes was META at one point in MR3 and it was still a bad deck.

Throughout MR3, I played "casual decks" Superheavy Samurai, Speedroids, to name a couple of examples. Because no one really played against Superheavy Samurai, they didn't know how to handle it, so I'd get wins from it, same with Speedroids. I even played Hieratic Monarchs which had so many dumb plays, it could take down Shaddolls, Tellarknights, Qliphorts, and even Burning Abyss (it was a grind game on BA and I somehow outgrinded them).

But something you'll see often enough (unfortunately) is when you run a card everyone thinks is bad, then they say you're bad for running it. Then when a person tops with it, they act like its the best card ever and they start running it. I had this happen to me when I was playing a Gale Dogra in my Chaos MAX deck, people said it was bad, yet I still won games. Then a guy topped with Gale Dogra, and those same people acted like it was such a good card.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you top with a deck that is unconventional, it can very well become META, HAT is the perfect example of this.

Return to “Suggestions”