Penalize Pause Spams OR Eliminate Game Pauses, PLEASE! (This includes unranked duels.)

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
parhelia_0000
Mood:

Penalize Pause Spams OR Eliminate Game Pauses, PLEASE! (This includes unranked duels.)

Post #1 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:31 pm

There needs to be a specific penalty for users who spam game pauses even in unranked. During a custom duel, one of the opponents kept on checking my cards, pausing every 5 seconds JUST to see if any of my cards were broken. https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-17291960

This removes the joy of being able to play custom cards in Yugioh. I get it, people want fair duels. However, it does not justify people going overboard with game pauses. Admins, please seriously consider penalizing pause spams, or at the very least, please consider removing the game pause feature for good. It's just not a good feature and it makes the manual nature of DB unhealthy for a lot of us. Thank you.

TheNastyDoctor
Mood:

Post #2 by TheNastyDoctor » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:41 pm

That Boner Boy is well known for trolling in the custom cards pool, remember his name (as well as Aromagirl, CrystalMusic, Futuregamer). The pause spam doesn't only happen in the custom duels, it also happens in the advanced-unrated pool, traditional, unlimited, and sometimes in speed duels. I don't think the pause spam is the problem, the issue here is the player. And in almost all of my duels none of my opponents need to pause the game, so i agree with you. The pause should be only allowed in advanced-rated and be removed from the Custom Pool.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #3 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:01 pm

I have to agree, admins shouldn't allow players to have this amount of authority during unranked duels.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Or you know, just leave or only played rated duels.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #5 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Or you know, just leave or only played rated duels.

Some of us want to play in customs, which does not even offer a ranked option. Quitting duels every single time we meet a troll takes out the joy of creating custom cards that we enjoy making and playing with.

We can't always rely on quitting duels and hoping that someone will "magically" follow the rules for us. We can't be quitters all the time. Something has to give.

Plus, some of us like myself actually care about Duel Records.

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:51 pm

You literally waste less time just leaving and rehosting than staying in the duel where your opponent won't play fair for (in some cases) hours at a time.

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #7 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:You literally waste less time just leaving and rehosting than staying in the duel where your opponent won't play fair for (in some cases) hours at a time.

I'd rather waste ZERO time. I've had to deal with too many idiots to the point where my patience will run thin just quitting and rehosting. There has to be some kind of limit to ensure that unranked duels don't turn out completely shitty.

Plus, I think you missed my quote about how some of us actually care about our Duel Records.

TheNastyDoctor
Mood:

Post #8 by TheNastyDoctor » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:13 pm

No, the thing here is easy to understand. Not ALL the players stop the game for no reason (I don't do it) and I'm sure a lot of players don't stop the game either. The only ones that abuse of the pause button are the same people:
-Toxic.
-Trolls.
-Salty Players.
As i mentioned before, whenever i have a duel, me nor my opponent need to pause the game for no reason. In rated, non-rated, custom pool, goat, traditional, speed duels. This mechanic is specifically only used by people that want to harass the opponent.

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:20 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You literally waste less time just leaving and rehosting than staying in the duel where your opponent won't play fair for (in some cases) hours at a time.

I'd rather waste ZERO time. I've had to deal with too many idiots to the point where my patience will run thin just quitting and rehosting. There has to be some kind of limit to ensure that unranked duels don't turn out completely shitty.

Plus, I think you missed my quote about how some of us actually care about our Duel Records.

The only duel record you need to worry about or care about is rated. There is no penalty for leaving a non rated match against a player who obviously isn't going to play the game properly.

james123
Mood:

Post #10 by james123 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:33 pm

TheNastyDoctor wrote:That Boner Boy is well known for trolling in the custom cards pool, remember his name (as well as Aromagirl, CrystalMusic, Futuregamer). The pause spam doesn't only happen in the custom duels, it also happens in the advanced-unrated pool, traditional, unlimited, and sometimes in speed duels. I don't think the pause spam is the problem, the issue here is the player. And in almost all of my duels none of my opponents need to pause the game, so i agree with you. The pause should be only allowed in advanced-rated and be removed from the Custom Pool.

and thecanadian/co/mrade

Return to “Suggestions”