About rage quits

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Sunwalker

About rage quits

Post #1 by Sunwalker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:01 pm

Why people don't gain any experience points If their opponents rage quit? Sometimes people are nice with their opponents and the opponents quit either way. I think it's unfair because you won the match and didn't disrespect your opponent.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Rating is what you are garuntee for in ranked it’s a ranked. Exp equates to how many games were enjoyed by the player as exp only occurs when a player admits.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

BrainStone

Post #3 by BrainStone » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:27 pm

The question is why? I agree with OP that quitting and admitting defeat are essentually the same.

I've had my fair share of people quit at the end of a fair match. I've also had done this, where I misjudged the time I had left and quit after telling my opponent I had to go. So me not getting XP for that is fair. But them?

Also in case that's not already implemented, quitting should result in a punishment for the quitter. May be a simple warning the first few times (and no XP for them). And be extended into more serious things like loss of rating and XP.

Gambit

Post #4 by Gambit » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:34 am

BrainStone wrote:The question is why? I agree with OP that quitting and admitting defeat are essentually the same.

I've had my fair share of people quit at the end of a fair match. I've also had done this, where I misjudged the time I had left and quit after telling my opponent I had to go. So me not getting XP for that is fair. But them?

Also in case that's not already implemented, quitting should result in a punishment for the quitter. May be a simple warning the first few times (and no XP for them). And be extended into more serious things like loss of rating and XP.

Gotta agree with this, 100%. Only awarding XP to players if one of them clicks Admit Defeat and accepts just reeks of bad design. If your opponent clicks Quit -- at least if the game lasts for a reasonable amount of time/turns -- the winner should still be awarded XP.

I hope this is a possible change that is being worked on, because there is pretty much no difference between quitting and admitting defeat. If not this change, then DB should at least unite the two buttons to perform the same function. Just remove "Quit" and make "Admit Defeat" perform the same purpose, asking the player to confirm as it does now.

The Wonder Kid
Mood:

Post #5 by The Wonder Kid » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 pm

You cannot add punishments for quitters since sometimes that happens under other circumstances, like lag.
The Wonder Kid
Former Resource Judge #1385
Mexico City
RC-1, PC-1, DC-1

I will follow the command and will of my queen, Tiaramisu! Long live the Queen and her divine privilege!

https://www.duelingbook.com/rules
https://www.duelingbook.com/policies

BrainStone

Post #6 by BrainStone » Mon May 04, 2020 10:15 pm

The Wonder Kid wrote:You cannot add punishments for quitters since sometimes that happens under other circumstances, like lag.

Yes you can. Most online games with a ranked match system punish quitting for any reason including connection loss.
They also don't jump in with the harsh punishments but make them more severe the more often it happens.

Though regadless. As of right now the only person getting punished is the person not quitting! And that's frankly just fucked up on so many levels.

Return to “Suggestions”