Allow users to change their emails from within the client

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
PrayForPAFF

Allow users to change their emails from within the client

Post #1 by PrayForPAFF » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi there,

I'd just like to make this suggestion just in case someone registers with the wrong email address, or forgets their password and doesn't have access to their email account, or has another reason as to why they would like to change their email that they registered with. There's no option for this within the client as of yet.

As well, I wish to request an account deletion for this purpose. I don't have a lot of duels on my record or anything, so I think it'd just be good to re-register using a new email.

Christen57

Post #2 by Christen57 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:18 pm

This sounds like a good idea except for one thing: If someone ever got into your account or acquired your password or something, they could go into your account and change your email to an email they can use to log in to your account, thus stealing your account for themselves.

We've already had this kind of thing happen back on dueling network. There's no guarantee it can never happen again with any other site.

BrainStone

Post #3 by BrainStone » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 pm

This is a known issue that every site has. Nothing major to worry about tbh.
Do not just not implement basic features because you're scared people with bad password habbits get their accounts broken into.

Return to “Suggestions”