Judges that don't know site rules shouldn't be judging.

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Crimson7Reaper

Re: Judges that don't know site rules shouldn't be judging.

Post #21 by Crimson7Reaper » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Runzy wrote:Harassment rules apply everywhere on the site. This should be rather obvious. Nowhere in the rules does it specify "only in duels". Also just because there is a block feature doesn't mean you can break our rules and think you magically get away with it. Think twice next time before doing something stupid.

This entire post literally explains why the rules for Severe Harassment does only apply in duels, if you had took the time to read maybe you wouldn't sound so idiotic? Read before typing.

Renji Asuka

Post #22 by Renji Asuka » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Crimson7Reaper wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You do realize, you can get into legal trouble for telling someone to kill themselves right? Especially IF THEY DO DO IT. There is 0 excuse to EVER tell anyone to kill themselves.

No you can't, even if cops come knocking on your door. They can't charge you for anything, you didn't kill the person, they killed themselves. It's their brain. Not my problem.

False, back when chat rooms were a thing in I believe the 90s (maybe early 2000s), an adult had preyed on suicidal individuals causing a lot of people to kill themselves. And guess what he was charged for that. So, yes, you CAN and WILL get into legal trouble if a person does kill themselves after you tell them to kill themselves.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Crimson7Reaper

Post #23 by Crimson7Reaper » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:33 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:False, back when chat rooms were a thing in I believe the 90s (maybe early 2000s), an adult had preyed on suicidal individuals causing a lot of people to kill themselves. And guess what he was charged for that. So, yes, you CAN and WILL get into legal trouble if a person does kill themselves after you tell them to kill themselves.

Name of case or source? Because in terms of facts, there is literally nothing that can possibly be charged on a person that told another person to kill themselves. It can't be murder because the one that typed "kys" didn't even see the person nor had any interactions irl, so what is that person going to be charged for? bullying? lol

Renji Asuka

Post #24 by Renji Asuka » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Crimson7Reaper

Post #25 by Crimson7Reaper » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:46 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36739748/ns/u ... mOxXqhKiUk

http://content.time.com/time/nation/art ... 81,00.html

Next time, don't speak out of your ass.

The first link is an extremely rare case and even then it states the exact same thing I just pointed out "Legal experts have said prosecuting the case would be difficult on freedom-of-speech grounds because Melchert-Dinkel didn't physically help kill them, just allegedly encouraged them and gave technical directions. The decades-old state law does not specifically address situations involving the Internet or suicides that occur out of state." So the entire verdict was decided solely on opinions not facts because in terms of facts, that nurse didn't kill someone. Next time use your brain before typing illogical crap.

Edit: Also the second link refered to a specific Minnesota law "lethal advocacy," -which he said was analogous to a category of unprotected speech known as fighting words. "Encouraging and advising suicide through speech is the same as inciting a fight or an assault with words."

Renji Asuka

Post #26 by Renji Asuka » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:56 pm

There was tons of other sources, and there was also another case I ran into, but still, he got charged for assisted suicide from what I understand.

Genexwrecker

Post #27 by Genexwrecker » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Crimson7Reaper wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You do realize, you can get into legal trouble for telling someone to kill themselves right? Especially IF THEY DO DO IT. There is 0 excuse to EVER tell anyone to kill themselves.

No you can't, even if cops come knocking on your door. They can't charge you for anything, you didn't kill the person, they killed themselves. It's their brain. Not my problem.

I can go to jail for causing a suicide and if they have a warrant they can bust down your door
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #28 by Renji Asuka » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:51 pm

That also reminds me, there was a girl who went missing. She killed herself when she jumped off a water tower. Meanwhile her "friend" acted like she was all worried about her. They were friends since kindergarten I think, but they both liked the same boy, her friend started treating her like absolute crap, even texted to her saying she should kill herself.

I believe the friend got charged for it.

Heard about this story years ago though.

Genexwrecker

Post #29 by Genexwrecker » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Case in point reaper don’t be an asshole it is not tolerated here and if you for some ungodly reason where not aware of it you sure as hell are now. If you harass a person in dms and tell them you will kill them I will freeze you and so will any other judge
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Crimson7Reaper

Post #30 by Crimson7Reaper » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Case in point reaper don’t be an asshole it is not tolerated here and if you for some ungodly reason where not aware of it you sure as hell are now. If you harass a person in dms and tell them you will kill them I will freeze you and so will any other judge

You're telling me not to be an asshole but the idiot I harassed gets away with being an idiot before the harassment even started, later called me "retard" and "fucking illiterate" when his stupidity is confronted by facts? This is exactly my point, people like you have way too much bias and completely ignore facts.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #31 by troglyte » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:57 am

the snowflakes keep on falling
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #32 by Renji Asuka » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:56 am

Crimson7Reaper wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Case in point reaper don’t be an asshole it is not tolerated here and if you for some ungodly reason where not aware of it you sure as hell are now. If you harass a person in dms and tell them you will kill them I will freeze you and so will any other judge

You're telling me not to be an asshole but the idiot I harassed gets away with being an idiot before the harassment even started, later called me "retard" and "fucking illiterate" when his stupidity is confronted by facts? This is exactly my point, people like you have way too much bias and completely ignore facts.

Being an idiot isn't against the rules, what you SHOULD had done was simply report him and walk away, not tell him to kill himself.

BrainStone

Post #33 by BrainStone » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:57 pm

This is such a great show. Assholes in denial are the best thing ever.

I mean what they did can't be wrong because the other person did something wrong too. So clearly any reprecussions are unjust!

This years mental gymnatics world championship is going great. Can't wait for it to continue.

P.S.: I'm still voting to increase the freeze duration for the denial, lack of remorse and general being a dick here in this thread. Don't want people like that playing the game.

Crimson7Reaper

Post #34 by Crimson7Reaper » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:45 pm

BrainStone wrote:This is such a great show. Assholes in denial are the best thing ever.

I mean what they did can't be wrong because the other person did something wrong too. So clearly any reprecussions are unjust!

This years mental gymnatics world championship is going great. Can't wait for it to continue.

P.S.: I'm still voting to increase the freeze duration for the denial, lack of remorse and general being a dick here in this thread. Don't want people like that playing the game.

Fighting fire with fire is just. Someone wants to be an ass to me, why can't I be an ass back? Your logic is the same logic betas use when they pussy out from fights.

P.S.: My argument for the unjust freeze still stands in every way as explained throughout this whole forum. Don't want people that can't read playing a game based entirely on reading.

BrainStone

Post #35 by BrainStone » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:02 pm

I've read you reasoning. And I think so has everyone else. And yet everyone disagrees. Else they wouldn't be arguing that
a) Rules should also apply to DMs and
b) That judges can bend the rules within reason.

But every single post of yours proves that you're an immature asshole. So even if your argument to be unfrozen was totally ok, by now it's utterly null and void simply due to your behavior.

And to answer your question: Being an ass and telling someone to kill themselves are on two entirely different levels. And I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else here that that is overstepping the line by miles.
I personally moderate serveral places and a kys directed at someone always gets you instantly punished.
And yet again I'd like to point out that rules are merely guidelines and not the law. There's always room to operate. There are grey areas etc. And keep in mind that the people moderating here can punish you essentially however they like for whatever (or no) reason. You are free to appeal (as you did) but at some point you gotta realize that those in power did not see any wrong in your punishment, considering they have been actively defending the punishment and indicating that they would have done the same.

Crimson7Reaper

Post #36 by Crimson7Reaper » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:39 am

BrainStone wrote:I've read you reasoning. And I think so has everyone else. And yet everyone disagrees. Else they wouldn't be arguing that

But every single post of yours proves that you're an immature asshole. So even if your argument to be unfrozen was totally ok, by now it's utterly null and void simply due to your behavior.

And to answer your question: Being an ass and telling someone to kill themselves are on two entirely different levels. And I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else here that that is overstepping the line by miles.
I personally moderate serveral places and a kys directed at someone always gets you instantly punished.
And yet again I'd like to point out that rules are merely guidelines and not the law. There's always room to operate. There are grey areas etc. And keep in mind that the people moderating here can punish you essentially however they like for whatever (or no) reason. You are free to appeal (as you did) but at some point you gotta realize that those in power did not see any wrong in your punishment, considering they have been actively defending the punishment and indicating that they would have done the same.

Behavior has absolutely nothing to do with facts. Just because you people disagree with my reasoning, that doesn't mean my reasoning is factually incorrect. You're calling me immature but what does that make people like you that think personal opinions should be the key to every decision? The most immature people are people that can't separate their own bias from reality. The rules are not guidelines, they are rules, if they were guidelines, they wouldn't be called rules in the first place.

Renji Asuka

Post #37 by Renji Asuka » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:47 am

Crimson7Reaper wrote:
BrainStone wrote:I've read you reasoning. And I think so has everyone else. And yet everyone disagrees. Else they wouldn't be arguing that

Behavior has absolutely nothing to do with facts. Just because you people disagree with my reasoning, that doesn't mean my reasoning is factually incorrect. You're calling me immature but what does that make people like you that think personal opinions should be the key to every decision? The most immature people are people that can't separate their own bias from reality. The rules are not guidelines, they are rules, if they were guidelines, they wouldn't be called rules in the first place.

Behavior has everything to do with why you were punished.

Crimson7Reaper

Post #38 by Crimson7Reaper » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:31 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Behavior has everything to do with why you were punished.

And that punishment was factually wrong because my behavior couldn't have been applied to the rule that resulted in the punishment in the first place. So again, behavior has nothing to do with facts.

Renji Asuka

Post #39 by Renji Asuka » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Crimson7Reaper wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Behavior has everything to do with why you were punished.

And that punishment was factually wrong because my behavior couldn't have been applied to the rule that resulted in the punishment in the first place. So again, behavior has nothing to do with facts.

If it was factually wrong, you wouldn't had remained punished, now would you? You don't make the rules m8, the staff does.

Crimson7Reaper

Post #40 by Crimson7Reaper » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:35 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:If it was factually wrong, you wouldn't had remained punished, now would you? You don't make the rules m8, the staff does.

I was remained punished because the decision of the staff(s) that punished me were solely based on their opinions, and my appeal and abuse report that included screenshots as proof were completely ignored. They acted purely on what they felt was right instead of looking at the facts. That's literally the whole point of this forum I posted. Yes I don't make the rules, but that doesn't mean the staff are allowed to bend them. If you and the other imbeciles had read everything on this forum thoroughly, I wouldn't need to repeat this crap over and over.

Return to “Suggestions”