Site rules should apply to all duels

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Site rules should apply to all duels

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:54 pm

example: Malicious AFK which states: Deliberately leaving a game or being purposely inactive in order to stall out an opponent or generally waste people's time:
- Becoming unresponsive when in a generally unrecoverable position.
- Purposely becoming unresponsive after a disagreement with your opponent.
- Purposely becoming unresponsive to force your opponent to quit

If one is Deliberately leaving a game or being purposely inactive in order to stall out an opponent or generally waste people's time:
- Becoming unresponsive when in a generally unrecoverable position.
- Purposely becoming unresponsive after a disagreement with your opponent.
- Purposely becoming unresponsive to force your opponent to quit

they should be subject to those rules and its punishments for violating said rules reguardless of the format rather rated or unrated. Rules are rules and should apply to the entire site not just a particular part of the site

think of it this way: since these rules dont apply to unrated duels, people can freely abuse these rules like the Malicious AFK and get away with it. and as the old saying goes: if you get away with it, whats to stop you from repeating it again and again until youre caught? This rule would prevent serial rulebreakers from "getting away with it"
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Does a player get banned form Konami tournaments for cheating or refusing to play ygo in their friends garage? No? Apply the same to duelingbook cause unranked is equal to playing at a friends house. If we were to apply all site rules to get unrated you would be instantly banned forever
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Does a player get banned form Konami tournaments for cheating or refusing to play ygo in their friends garage? No? Apply the same to duelingbook cause unranked is equal to playing at a friends house. If we were to apply all site rules to get unrated you would be instantly banned forever

that may be but the rulebooks rules still apply (along with whaever the 2 friends want to make up and agree with)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:14 pm

and ok how about SOME of the rules like the AFK rule?

Genexwrecker

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:16 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Does a player get banned form Konami tournaments for cheating or refusing to play ygo in their friends garage? No? Apply the same to duelingbook cause unranked is equal to playing at a friends house. If we were to apply all site rules to get unrated you would be instantly banned forever

that may be but the rulebooks rules still apply (along with whaever the 2 friends want to make up and agree with)

Unranked literally exists for yo u to play however you want

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:17 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:and ok how about SOME of the rules like the AFK rule?
its unranked leave if I went to my friends house and they didn’t want to play I would leave

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:20 pm

well, ok, whatever, i said my peace, have a good day

Christen57

Post #8 by Christen57 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:52 pm

I love how you complain about players rage quitting when you do it all the time

Renji Asuka

Post #9 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:17 am

This makes me want the rules to also be applied to every duel room, just so CrystalMusic would be banned lol
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 am

Christen57 wrote:I love how you complain about players rage quitting when you do it all the time

1: my "Quits" arent from "Rage" its when people cheat, and/or join for the intent of disobeying the duel notes i set for my duels. My duel notes (when it comes to advanced) are made to keep things simple and slow. none of this fast and powerful crap.

2: i dont do it all the time, i RARELY quit duels, its mostly my opponent's who quit

Debt

Post #11 by Debt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:36 am

CrystalMusic wrote:1: my "Quits" arent from "Rage" its when people cheat, and/or join for the intent of disobeying the duel notes i set for my duels. My duel notes (when it comes to advanced) are made to keep things simple and slow. none of this fast and powerful crap.

2: i dont do it all the time, i RARELY quit duels, its mostly my opponent's who quit

Who are you trying to fool? The other day you rage quit to someone using a Quick Effect

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:I love how you complain about players rage quitting when you do it all the time

1: my "Quits" arent from "Rage" its when people cheat, and/or join for the intent of disobeying the duel notes i set for my duels. My duel notes (when it comes to advanced) are made to keep things simple and slow. none of this fast and powerful crap.

You rage quitted over Frostosaurus.

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:36 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

You mean, just like how you join other people's duel rooms then rage when they use a deck you don't like then you leave?

Debt

Post #14 by Debt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:23 am

Renji Asuka wrote:You mean, just like how you join other people's duel rooms then rage when they use a deck you don't like then you leave?

That's not Crystal's MO. He only hosts so he can through a tantrum and be in the right in his mind. He holds a "my room my rules" attitude which includes changing the rules of the game and card rulings whenever convenient (i.e. Crystal believes that cards like Fissure target, doesn't think Quick Effects are real, thinks the GY is apart of the field, etc.)

Renji Asuka

Post #15 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:38 am

It happened to me in Customs lol

They came into my Duel Room and did just that :P

CrawTheShrimp

Post #16 by CrawTheShrimp » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 am

Unrated is full of malicious AFKers and stuffs, but its Unrated, just leave the Duel, you won't lose Ratings or anything. About Customs, it is a joke.
Venoms need support. Snakes Rain was a lame excuse for Konami not to make supports for it. #ReptileSupportsIn2020

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #17 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

You mean, just like how you join other people's duel rooms then rage when they use a deck you don't like then you leave?

i never join other people. im always hosting my own duel

Genexwrecker

Post #18 by Genexwrecker » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Oh and for those wondering site rules not gameplay related do apply in unranked. If you threaten to kill your opponent you will be frozen

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #19 by LightCaster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Oh and for those wondering site rules not gameplay related do apply in unranked. If you threaten to kill your opponent you will be frozen

What about harasament? Because we're all aware that Crystal love berating his opponents.

Renji Asuka

Post #20 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:21 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

i never join other people. im always hosting my own duel

Uh huh, sure ;)

Return to “Suggestions”