Turbo Duels

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
D4rkPrince

Turbo Duels

Post #1 by D4rkPrince » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 am

Speed Spells and Speed World 2

a format for it only , if goat exists , why a 5d's room wouldnt actually exists (allowing tag duels as well)

the rule applied as usual to use the speed spell only or else 2000 damage for any other kind of spell

and well , whatever would be also added it'd be then decided , just givin an idea

parhelia_0000
Mood:

Post #2 by parhelia_0000 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:55 pm

It's gonna cause issues. First, there's literally no way to enforce how a Turbo Duel is ACTUALLY supposed to be played out. A lot of people are gonna get confused by it.

Second of all, this is only exclusive to the 5Ds era. I highly doubt there's gonna be enough interest for people to make dedicated rooms for a fictional format that never came into real life.

And finally, we only have a very limited selection of Speed Spells that actually came into the anime. For us to create new Speed Spells, custom cards will have to get involved.

My suggestion: Use the custom cards format to your advantage. It's best to keep your interests in the custom cards format and play with people you know will abide by the Turbo Duel rules.

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Goat exists because it was an actual format. Turbo fuels do not exist. If Konami at sometime decides to print turbo duel format then we will consider it
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

xDEADCENTREx

Post #4 by xDEADCENTREx » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:03 pm

D4rkPrince wrote:Speed Spells and Speed World 2

a format for it only , if goat exists , why a 5d's room wouldnt actually exists (allowing tag duels as well)

Because it goes based on HYPE, unlike what Genexwrecker has posted about it existing, Custom Format doesn't exist and has a room so kindly ignore their lack of thinking BEFORE speaking (or in this case typing).

D4rkPrince wrote:the rule applied as usual to use the speed spell only or else 2000 damage for any other kind of spell

and well , whatever would be also added it'd be then decided , just givin an idea

Thing is there is no Official Format for "Turbo Duels", just the Anime Rules.

For this to be implemented by the Staff, they need it to either be hyped for (Something people wanted forever if it's unofficial) or something official to try to increase their userbase.
This is because they are struggling to maintain site traffic and interest, despite being told how to fix such issues they refuse to acknowledge them because it's tasking, and they'd rather be lazy.

As it stands I am not in the interest of making ANY kind of new rooms, period, official or otherwise because it will dilute the interest and cause further issues with pairing to an opponent in rated, and further devoid the site of any REAL skill players.

I got improvements for this site in my mind, but the issue with applying them is Influence, toxic pasttime, and no power to do anything from my end. So I cannot help unless the staff want to get help.

D4rkPrince

Post #5 by D4rkPrince » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:58 am

the rules that are applied exist, are the same that konami made for his own ones on duel links for example , and a few other v-games if i dont wrong (made for NDS)

for the rest is all as usual , cuz the monsters are the same ones , traps are the same one , the only thing to apply for the room (in case it'd be made) is to allow only speed spells

and ye , i guess you're right about the lazyness of some for lookin to a database and make em (even if there's a full list with all already written and it's just to copy past, the card application on field is just the same code base used for the real cards or even custom , with the same usual buttons)

but once it's made , people wont have issues of rulings cause the cards will act as always speed spells included , the counter stuff is only about the condition to activate , and only sometimes as cost , but as any other card, you must know the REAL rulings to know the difference between cost and effect, so that'd make no issue

and you know better than me that rulings issue happen in any rated and unrated duel , so since it's unrated i dont see why that'd care to admins to have people have em , else they should take call even in unrated duels that get stuck for 2 opposite points of view , that'd be their problems as in any unrated duel

@Deadcentre

xDEADCENTREx

Post #6 by xDEADCENTREx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:00 pm

D4rkPrince wrote:the rules that are applied exist, are the same that konami made for his own ones on duel links for example , and a few other v-games if i dont wrong (made for NDS)

Edited out because of realizing it is a format

D4rkPrince wrote:for the rest is all as usual , cuz the monsters are the same ones , traps are the same one , the only thing to apply for the room (in case it'd be made) is to allow only speed spells

So you mean what is referred to as "Speed Dueling". My bad, that does exist, however it's also in the beginning stages, so we might actually see this idea gain interest, once the cardbase starts getting more support. As it is right now, it's a new Game-Style as of January 2019
Source

D4rkPrince wrote:and ye , i guess you're right about the lazyness of some for lookin to a database and make em (even if there's a full list with all already written and it's just to copy past, the card application on field is just the same code base used for the real cards or even custom , with the same usual buttons)

There are many reasons for my statement. Someone as a TO will only do Goat, The Tournaments were lacking in activity from this site which sends traffic it gained for Tournaments away to other servers, the alledged issues in Goat Room that got fixed, the lack of changes, and when was the last admin exam?

D4rkPrince wrote:but once it's made , people wont have issues of rulings cause the cards will act as always speed spells included , the counter stuff is only about the condition to activate , and only sometimes as cost , but as any other card, you must know the REAL rulings to know the difference between cost and effect, so that'd make no issue

The issue would be tracking Speed Counters, and in my opinion rulings ALWAYS exist. Does MST Negate will become does Speed-Spell MST negate, and so forth. Whether done out of trolling, or legitimate ruling, they will always exist. I see your point where the Speed Spells are already existant cards, barring "Speed World" and "Speed World 2".

D4rkPrince wrote:and you know better than me that rulings issue happen in any rated and unrated duel , so since it's unrated i dont see why that'd care to admins to have people have em , else they should take call even in unrated duels that get stuck for 2 opposite points of view , that'd be their problems as in any unrated duel
@Deadcentre

I do agree that they can always use Duel Notes saying "Competitive Only" and use the messaging to make a healthy addition to the Format. I was mistaken when I misspoke "It doesn't exist" because I saw "Turbo" instead of "Speed" duel, and I got confused. AFAIK we only have the one structure that I have seen at locals, so I know it exists, and have done very little research on the Format itself.

I would be interested to see it occur now that I see it is an official Format, because honestly Customs Exists, and it's Toxic with the creation, so a Duel Room that people would like, without customs IMO would be a nice addition. Would still take traffic away from Rated, but that Traffic is already dwindling last I was "not banned" with the lack of admins to take calls, and any call taking 30+ minutes for 1 ruling, sometimes having to call multiple times for a ruling or someone trying to soft-cheat (Cheating but not being obvious).

So overall I propose to allow this as a Duel Room given that:

A) It's a real format
B) It's less toxic than Custom, which is already a Format
C) It could bring some interest to the site for people who dislike regular format.

And as a meme reason

D) It might satisfy CrystalMusic (lol jk)

D4rkPrince

Post #7 by D4rkPrince » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:50 pm

when i said of duel links i wasnt refering only to speed duels , but turbo duels that got included as well in some of its events
for which some rulings got applied

same for ygopro , which included them (talkin about years ago when i was still playin there, even if now i dont even know if they exist anymore there)

else if no way to add those , even that idea you were talking of for the speed duel still can apply a turbo section to call out for , people still can just leave , also if you know you host for some format like that , you rarely go for random ones at first , as happened when tag duels came up , everybody callin out friends to try em out , and so it'll happen to a kind of format like that , by the time it'd be ruined? maybe yes , but that's how goat and tag format is goin on too , you can rarely see some , not that is unused , but are always less from the start.

turbo duels into speed duels is something that konami made exist , in a v-game as duel links , i know , but still exist
cant say the same about turbo duels only ( even if there's wcs2011 over the nexus that includes those kind of duels as well with their own rulings)

anyway , you know , i gave the idea, if any news about it i'd be glad to listen and in case to give help/suggestions
was just to make this site have all the kind of things people can look for , that'd be a big bunch of people or even not , but still include those who knows that format or that want to try it out and maybe , who knows? , even appreciate it

thanks for the attention in all these days , hope to hear news soon

Return to “Suggestions”