Implement a Healthier Custom Card Format, PLEASE!

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Canada
Mood:

Implement a Healthier Custom Card Format, PLEASE!

Post #1 by parhelia_0000 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:24 pm

We've been there, we've all seen it. Everyone who's played custom formats at least once should know that there are people out there making ridiculous cards that instantly win you the duel, OR cards that are just unaffected by ALL other cards. I mean, seriously, check out these cards for example:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

What we all really need right now is a spell-check system for the Custom Card format that prevents anyone from being able to write effects that instantly win you the duel. In fact, we need a system that instantly rejects cards that include ANY of the following text (plus variations of these texts):
-"You win the duel."
-"Your opponent's LP becomes 0."
-"You cannot lose the duel."
-"This card cannot leave the field."
-"Unaffected by ALL other card effects." (Being unaffected by JUST spells, traps, OR monsters is one thing, but we can no longer trust our community to make cards that are hard to summon that are unaffected by EVERYTHING.)

Please, for the love of all things sacred, implement a system that stops these cards from ever being used in a duel again. Hire a custom card inspector if you have to. People shouldn't be forced to feel scared going up against random custom card users knowing they could lose at any point in time. When push comes to shove, sooner or later we will need this system.

If you agree with me, I would appreciate it if you guys could give this thread a thumbs up to support my request. If you disagree, please reply below a detailed reason as to why we should allow players to create insta-win cards for free.

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #2 by Alisae » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 am

just join the best custom card server and play with people you know
if you're playing randoms you're doomed to see stupid shit
https://discord.gg/NCBt52u

You tell a 13 year old that they can make any card they want, yeah, ofc they're going to make stupid shit. Thats how that works.

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #3 by parhelia_0000 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:42 pm

It's a tough dilemma, really. Either face something too OP, or deal with toxic Discord servers that force a 50/50 win/loss ratio down your throat.

I enjoy playing custom cards at meta level, but god damn, these insta win/Unaffected by ALL other card effects are starting to get on my nerves.

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 28

Post #4 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Alisae wrote:just join the best custom card server and play with people you know
if you're playing randoms you're doomed to see stupid shit
https://discord.gg/NCBt52u

You tell a 13 year old that they can make any card they want, yeah, ofc they're going to make stupid shit. Thats how that works.


That's why the suggestion exists, isn't it?

How about some constructive feedback, instead of shaming a suggestion mr/mrs Tournament Failganizer

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #5 by Alisae » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:58 am

xDEADCENTREx wrote:
Alisae wrote:just join the best custom card server and play with people you know
if you're playing randoms you're doomed to see stupid shit
https://discord.gg/NCBt52u

You tell a 13 year old that they can make any card they want, yeah, ofc they're going to make stupid shit. Thats how that works.


That's why the suggestion exists, isn't it?

How about some constructive feedback, instead of shaming a suggestion mr/mrs Tournament Failganizer
can you fuck off?

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #6 by parhelia_0000 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Thing is, not everyone is gonna want to make a Discord account JUST to narrow down their custom card opponents.

And btw, I checked out the Discord link. JACCS, huh. I've been there before. The fact that I can't submit archetypes based on mainstream media such as StarCraft and FMA is a big turn-off for me. Other Discord servers I've tried force a 50/50 win/loss ratio down your throat. Another big no-no.

The point being is this - we can no longer trust our own custom card community to write proper PSCT without insta-win effects. Sooner or later we will have to enforce something in the custom format if we don't want it to be remembered for its toxicity rather than its fun aspect.

PLEASE CONSIDER.

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #7 by Alisae » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:55 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:Thing is, not everyone is gonna want to make a Discord account JUST to narrow down their custom card opponents.

And btw, I checked out the Discord link. JACCS, huh. I've been there before. The fact that I can't submit archetypes based on mainstream media such as StarCraft and FMA is a big turn-off for me. Other Discord servers I've tried force a 50/50 win/loss ratio down your throat. Another big no-no.

The point being is this - we can no longer trust our own custom card community to write proper PSCT without insta-win effects. Sooner or later we will have to enforce something in the custom format if we don't want it to be remembered for its toxicity rather than its fun aspect.

PLEASE CONSIDER.
First off, if you’re not using discord you’re behind on the times.
Secondly, People are allowed to create cards that say “You win automatically lulw” or “unaffected by everything including ur mum lul.” They’re allowed to create ANY card they want. Thats the point of custom cards :/
Thirdly, the fun aspect comes from playing with friends. The toxicity aspect comes from playing with randoms.

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #8 by parhelia_0000 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Alisae wrote:First off, if you’re not using discord you’re behind on the times.
Secondly, People are allowed to create cards that say “You win automatically lulw” or “unaffected by everything including ur mum lul.” They’re allowed to create ANY card they want. Thats the point of custom cards :/
Thirdly, the fun aspect comes from playing with friends. The toxicity aspect comes from playing with randoms.

The question still remains - WHY should we allow people to make broken cards that just cheese the game? Is there a good reason for us to allow people to have such freedom to ruin the fun for others? 'Cause the fact that custom cards is supposed to be a "free place" for anyone to create cards isn't a good enough excuse for us to allow insta win effects.

So far I'm STILL not convinced that people should be allowed to make such cards. I'm sorry, but while I do understand that people should be allowed to make their own cards, there has to be a limit as to what we can tolerate for the sake of making our format healthy.

Not everyone will have the time to spare to collect a group of friends to play against. While it may not necessarily be me who doesn't have that time, others may not be so fortunate enough to find people who are interested in playing fair customs. My point is that people shouldn't have to feel scared to play against random players JUST because of the insta-win effects.

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #9 by Alisae » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:54 am

parhelia_0000 wrote:
Alisae wrote:First off, if you’re not using discord you’re behind on the times.
Secondly, People are allowed to create cards that say “You win automatically lulw” or “unaffected by everything including ur mum lul.” They’re allowed to create ANY card they want. Thats the point of custom cards :/
Thirdly, the fun aspect comes from playing with friends. The toxicity aspect comes from playing with randoms.

The question still remains - WHY should we allow people to make broken cards that just cheese the game? Is there a good reason for us to allow people to have such freedom to ruin the fun for others? 'Cause the fact that custom cards is supposed to be a "free place" for anyone to create cards isn't a good enough excuse for us to allow insta win effects.

So far I'm STILL not convinced that people should be allowed to make such cards. I'm sorry, but while I do understand that people should be allowed to make their own cards, there has to be a limit as to what we can tolerate for the sake of making our format healthy.

Not everyone will have the time to spare to collect a group of friends to play against. While it may not necessarily be me who doesn't have that time, others may not be so fortunate enough to find people who are interested in playing fair customs. My point is that people shouldn't have to feel scared to play against random players JUST because of the insta-win effects.
Because they want to????????????
There is no custom format. Thats what the discord servers are for.

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 28

Post #10 by xDEADCENTREx » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Alisae, all you ever do is tell me to fuck off when I add constructive feedback, and clearly I wasn't the ONLY person who felt the way I said, as the OP liked my post.

Kindly get some maturity, because if not, and if it continues I will get you demoted.

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #11 by parhelia_0000 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:58 pm

I just came back from a tag duel where I was forced to deal with toxic tag opponents who used a busted deck known as Sgrav. These guys then went on to call myself and my partner noobs for "using an unbalanced deck that's pretending to be balanced."

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-12365026

Like, seriously, if THIS replay doesn't prove my point, I don't know what does. We've had it with these broken as fuck custom cards that just ruin everything for people like myself who want to recreate the StarCraft and/or FMA experience on Yugioh. Please consider. If no one else is willing to take charge as a Custom Card Reviewer on DB, I'll more than gladly take on that job.

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #12 by Alisae » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 pm

xDEADCENTREx wrote:Alisae, all you ever do is tell me to fuck off when I add constructive feedback, and clearly I wasn't the ONLY person who felt the way I said, as the OP liked my post.

Kindly get some maturity, because if not, and if it continues I will get you demoted.
because its harassment????????????

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #13 by Alisae » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 pm

parhelia_0000 wrote:I just came back from a tag duel where I was forced to deal with toxic tag opponents who used a busted deck known as Sgrav. These guys then went on to call myself and my partner noobs for "using an unbalanced deck that's pretending to be balanced."

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-12365026

Like, seriously, if THIS replay doesn't prove my point, I don't know what does. We've had it with these broken as fuck custom cards that just ruin everything for people like myself who want to recreate the StarCraft and/or FMA experience on Yugioh. Please consider. If no one else is willing to take charge as a Custom Card Reviewer on DB, I'll more than gladly take on that job.
oh you don't want to wish that upon anyone. Trust me on that. I would rather serve a life time sentence in jail then have anyone have to go through that.

You're talking idunno how many cards but a TON of cards a day being made and having to go through ALL of them
and that doesn't even include the ones set to private.

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #14 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 am

Alisae wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I just came back from a tag duel where I was forced to deal with toxic tag opponents who used a busted deck known as Sgrav. These guys then went on to call myself and my partner noobs for "using an unbalanced deck that's pretending to be balanced."

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-12365026

Like, seriously, if THIS replay doesn't prove my point, I don't know what does. We've had it with these broken as fuck custom cards that just ruin everything for people like myself who want to recreate the StarCraft and/or FMA experience on Yugioh. Please consider. If no one else is willing to take charge as a Custom Card Reviewer on DB, I'll more than gladly take on that job.
oh you don't want to wish that upon anyone. Trust me on that. I would rather serve a life time sentence in jail then have anyone have to go through that.

You're talking idunno how many cards but a TON of cards a day being made and having to go through ALL of them
and that doesn't even include the ones set to private.

Has anyone considered doing any of the following? 'Cause I'm sure at least some of the following systems implemented could definitely help to discourage people from making random cheese cards that make things unfair for people who have no choice but to face against randoms:
-A spell-check system that, upon creation of any card, puts cards that have "win the Duel," "unaffected by other card effects," "Activate this card from the Deck" or ANY variants of these texts under Pending for Review so that Admins have to manually approve them. If it means cards are gonna be much more slowly released into the public, so be it. Better to have a slow and safe system than to have a degenerate system.
-A system that forces private cards that violate DB's rules to become public so admins can take action against that user, OR granting admins with the ability to bypass the Private mode of any custom card that violates DB rules.

'Cause I'm sure at least one of the two systems above could DEFINITELY help out. Like, the only current workaround that players have would be to main cards that can be used at the start of duel which prevents those effects from being used, but a lot of those cards are cards to be used in the Extra Deck (which will definitely become a hassle for decks that heavily rely on the Extra Deck), and for those like myself who even build 60-card hybrid decks, this will ruin the consistency of the deck by forcing us to take out critical combo pieces.

This is just outright ridiculous. Nobody should be forced to main cards that out these cheese decks. I would like to see admins at least try to make an effort to make the custom format a safer place for people who don't have much choice but to play against randoms.

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #15 by Alisae » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 am

Judges/Admins can already view private custom cards.

this conversation ends with "People are allowed to make any card they want so if they want to make that they can, since thats the point of custom cards."
Its a sad truth, but its the truth.
You likely won't see any changes.

Just play with your friends honestly, thats how you'll get the most enjoyment.
and the JACCs invite link is there. Again, you don't have to have your deck approved to say "Hey, does anyone here want to play?"
Not to mention there are a lot of really unique cards and cool archetypes there, so if you wanted to participate in a tournament with an approved deck, try to pick one up, you might have a lot of fun. Who knows.

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 28

Post #16 by xDEADCENTREx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Alisae wrote:
xDEADCENTREx wrote:Alisae, all you ever do is tell me to fuck off when I add constructive feedback, and clearly I wasn't the ONLY person who felt the way I said, as the OP liked my post.

Kindly get some maturity, because if not, and if it continues I will get you demoted.
because its harassment????????????


Because what is harassment exactly?

You telling me to fuck off on your thread, of which I told you NOT to demand action from staff on the Goat Room, and to be more respectful and telling you all that in paragraph form, of which you refuse to even read is harassment? If you don't read it, then how do you see harassment, in particular from posts you skim or skip over? I am literally mindblown at your wild accusations.

xDEADCENTREx
User avatar
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am
Reputation: 28

Post #17 by xDEADCENTREx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Alisae wrote:
parhelia_0000 wrote:I just came back from a tag duel where I was forced to deal with toxic tag opponents who used a busted deck known as Sgrav. These guys then went on to call myself and my partner noobs for "using an unbalanced deck that's pretending to be balanced."

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=37528-12365026

Like, seriously, if THIS replay doesn't prove my point, I don't know what does. We've had it with these broken as fuck custom cards that just ruin everything for people like myself who want to recreate the StarCraft and/or FMA experience on Yugioh. Please consider. If no one else is willing to take charge as a Custom Card Reviewer on DB, I'll more than gladly take on that job.
oh you don't want to wish that upon anyone. Trust me on that. I would rather serve a life time sentence in jail then have anyone have to go through that.

You're talking idunno how many cards but a TON of cards a day being made and having to go through ALL of them
and that doesn't even include the ones set to private.


Revoke user privledges, or make people have to donate to create custom cards, less toxicity.

Im on a roll today :P

parhelia_0000
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:03 am
Reputation: 8
Location: Canada
Mood:

Post #18 by parhelia_0000 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:54 pm

And people thought I'm being tough on others lol. Okay, maybe donating to make custom cards might be a little overkill, but still, there needs to be a system in place that ACTUALLY forces people to create custom cards that don't create degenerate cheese plays.

CrystalMusic
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 7

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm

cards like this are the reason i made my denied card: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=568850

Alisae
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 am
Reputation: 12

Post #20 by Alisae » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:11 am

xDEADCENTREx wrote:
Alisae wrote:
xDEADCENTREx wrote:Alisae, all you ever do is tell me to fuck off when I add constructive feedback, and clearly I wasn't the ONLY person who felt the way I said, as the OP liked my post.

Kindly get some maturity, because if not, and if it continues I will get you demoted.
because its harassment????????????


Because what is harassment exactly?

You telling me to fuck off on your thread, of which I told you NOT to demand action from staff on the Goat Room, and to be more respectful and telling you all that in paragraph form, of which you refuse to even read is harassment? If you don't read it, then how do you see harassment, in particular from posts you skim or skip over? I am literally mindblown at your wild accusations.
because you keep on replying to my posts when I am telling you to fuck off


Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests