Search Customs by Username

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
DarkCasterX1

Search Customs by Username

Post #1 by DarkCasterX1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:39 am

One of the things I would love is a way to make it easier to find someones custom cards in deck editor. One way I think this can be done is when your in deck editor, you click on more options. Then click on the customs tab. AKA the tab with options such as "My Customs" and "All Customs". I would like to see a new option be added there. That being called "Username". When you click on it a text box comes up in the middle of the screen. Similar to the "Deck Saved" thing. This time its a white box you can type in. You type in someones username and hit "Search" below the box. This will load up all of their cards in the deck editor. It will only pull up the cards they put on "Everyone".

I think this will be a nice way to find cards made by friends. Along with this there are dozens of cards for real archtypes. Such as Toons and Blue-Eyes. I can easily find 6 different versions of 1 card. So if your looking for a specific version this can help make it a bit quicker. Along with finding other new things you would want to try.

Lantern

Post #2 by Lantern » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm

You can already do this. Type the username in the card description.

DarkCasterX1

Post #3 by DarkCasterX1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:06 am

Lantern wrote:You can already do this. Type the username in the card description.

Thanks I didnt know that.

KettouRyuujin

Post #4 by KettouRyuujin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Pardon the slight necro, but...

Searching usernames like this locks you out of being able to search card text. I can see where this isn't a huge issue, but if you're looking at someone who's made 7+ pages of cards it might be nice to look up what does what.

Unless I'm wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong. I don't feel like we need to add a username field, but yeah.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #5 by xDEADCENTREx » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:09 pm

KettouRyuujin wrote:Pardon the slight necro, but...

Searching usernames like this locks you out of being able to search card text. I can see where this isn't a huge issue, but if you're looking at someone who's made 7+ pages of cards it might be nice to look up what does what.

Unless I'm wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong. I don't feel like we need to add a username field, but yeah.

You can only search one at a time, if you hit enter / hit search. If you try multiple fields before generating a redirect this should not affect the ability to do multiple field searches.

Furthermore, it will still limit you to a select few, considering most users will not upload lots of cards, unless they work with a Card platform for approving custom made cards, in which case you can highlight the effect or card text, and add what you are looking for, or know to be in the text. If you fail to do so because of issues with reading PSCT, then the Staff in the Custom Format Channel will be able to help educate users to help them learn PSCT reading skills, and resources for them to better themselves. This will give them the ability to know what text order to expect words to be in, as well as help them when refining their search.

Return to “Suggestions”