allow players to pick if they want to play with pendulum zones or not if they are the host

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
Mood:

allow players to pick if they want to play with pendulum zones or not if they are the host

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sat May 25, 2019 5:41 pm

allow me to make this very simple: im an oldschool duelist, i prefer the times when yugioh didnt have links, or pendulum cards. With classic allowing players to disable link zones and link cards in general, i think there should also be an option to disable pendulum cards and pendulum zones just like classic format disables link zones and link cards from being used.

basically put in master rules 2 & master rules 3 as a format people can play by
these formats are simple:
master rules 2 allows anything prior to the OCG release of starter deck 2014, in other words pendelum cards, pendelum zones, link cards and link zones are not included in this format, thus making all pendelum and link cards unplayable.
master rules 3 allows anything prior to the OCG release of starter deck 2017, in other words link cards and link zones are not included in this format thus making all link cards unplayable.

this will allow players to play yugioh based on there prefferences. me personally? i liked yugioh before pendelums and links, ever since these things came out i have lost alot of interest in playing this game. as i said i personaly preffer the times before pendelums and links, im a more "old fashioned" type of duelist who relies on the ATK and DEF of my monsters to deal with most of my opponents monsters.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #2 by CrystalMusic » Sat May 25, 2019 5:43 pm

i am aware that the classic format button disables links so there is no real need to include a master rules 3/OCG release of starter deck 2017
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Sat May 25, 2019 6:06 pm

if what ur saying about a custom ban list for hosts, i would agree entirely with that! i would forbid all pends and all links along with some of the more overused cards in the game like raigeki

Genexwrecker

Post #4 by Genexwrecker » Sun May 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Classic pendulums aren’t even part of the normal gameboard just ignore them like I do with my cloth mats
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Runzy
Mood:

Post #5 by Runzy » Sun May 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Still I don't think this section is needed most don't even use pendulums in unrated but if you state it you might get trolled. I think classic mode is dope other than that adding other things like no pendulum but with or without links would be up to the demand and the amount of people who want it.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

xDEADCENTREx

Post #6 by xDEADCENTREx » Mon May 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Runzy wrote:Still I don't think this section is needed most don't even use pendulums in unrated but if you state it you might get trolled. I think classic mode is dope other than that adding other things like no pendulum but with or without links would be up to the demand and the amount of people who want it.

Let's treat it like the olde TCG/OCG Debate, and decide based on a poll for popular opinion. Gearing the interest of the users to the site.

(Besides, Custom Cards isn't even a format and it exists, so wynaut?) :)

I would like to see a Poll done personally.

PS: Did my prior posts get deleted? lol

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Wed May 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Runzy wrote: most don't even use pendulums in unrated .
you apparently dont play classic format enough then.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #8 by xDEADCENTREx » Wed May 29, 2019 7:47 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Instead of insulting Runzy, this time I am vouching for Runzy [WTF am I insane?] but they offered a resolution "That would be up to the people"

This shows if enough people are interested in your idea it MAY be considered. They are saying they are neutral to it, along with their reasons attached [Which I finally approve of, because they went through the time to post the reason attached which I do not see from my experience, and I am thankful to see them doing so now].

Maybe I was wrong about you being useless Runzy. just mostly useless xD

That said I would agree that this idea can improve the quality of users using the site, the interest for different types of formats, and revolutionize the dueling platform to Master Rules 2 would be an ideal as we already have Master Rules 3 (Probably because of copying Dueling Nexus / YGOPRO / Percy), again that's pure speculation.

That said i vote yes.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 pm

xDEADCENTREx wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Instead of insulting Runzy
That said i vote yes.

i wasnt insulting anyone i was just pointing out a fact, alot of you players do not play classic enough to realize that pends are over used in classic. and i HATE link format because of the fact 1: they make no sense in how they work, 2: its a stupid idea, and 3? its just dumb in general imo

xDEADCENTREx

Post #10 by xDEADCENTREx » Wed May 29, 2019 11:40 pm

They aren't overused lol, they are allowed in classic. Overused because they are everywhere "for you" doesn't mean in general, nor does that make it a bad thing. You still fail to realize the issue is you, which I try to point out.

End rant

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:10 pm

xDEADCENTREx wrote:Overused because they are everywhere "for you" doesn't mean in general, nor does that make it a bad thing. You still fail to realize the issue is you, which I try to point out.

End rant

This is why i said each player should be allowed to choose if they want to play with pendelum zones or not because each player as a different experience with pendelums, this way the host can have their prefference, other may not vs pends as much as i do but that still does not change my suggestion, my suggestion was based on each duelists personal prefference, some like pends, others dont. My suggestion would allow those who dont to disable the pendelum zones from duels. me personally? 90% of the duels i host people use pends, its quite annoying, to me, to be versing pends most of the time.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #12 by xDEADCENTREx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:16 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
xDEADCENTREx wrote:Overused because they are everywhere "for you" doesn't mean in general, nor does that make it a bad thing. You still fail to realize the issue is you, which I try to point out.

End rant

This is why i said each player should be allowed to choose if they want to play with pendelum zones or not because each player as a different experience with pendelums, this way the host can have their prefference, other may not vs pends as much as i do but that still does not change my suggestion, my suggestion was based on each duelists personal prefference, some like pends, others dont. My suggestion would allow those who dont to disable the pendelum zones from duels. me personally? 90% of the duels i host people use pends, its quite annoying, to me, to be versing pends most of the time.

So pretty much enable master rules 2 as a duel room to host?

Not bad myself, I could see Master Rules 1 and 2 being added for better convenience, now that I see what you are suggesting.
I myself can see this, as the idea of pendulums being added to Duel Links (Another Game) rather frightens my idea of how the game will evolve, and if it will become degenerate to play.

I support your idea, sorry.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:21 pm

xDEADCENTREx wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

End rant

So pretty much enable master rules 2 as a duel room to host?

Not bad myself, I could see Master Rules 1 and 2 being added for better convenience, now that I see what you are suggesting.
I myself can see this, as the idea of pendulums being added to Duel Links (Another Game) rather frightens my idea of how the game will evolve, and if it will become degenerate to play.

I support your idea, sorry.

Due to my shadow ban, however, people cannot see my duel notes which has severely made my personal experience on this site 10 times less enjoyable. If people were still able to see my duel notes I wouldnt be so, should i say, annoyed?

Return to “Suggestions”