True Goat Format

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
quickpy01

True Goat Format

Post #1 by quickpy01 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Can we update the goat format to include Exarion? It's pretty much used everywhere but here. SJC Boston 2005 is usually the reference point for Goat card pool and rulings.

CloudParameters
Mood:

Post #2 by CloudParameters » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:52 am

It's not my decision in any respect, however I do want to put my opinion out there on the topic.
Goat Format is a format where "Exarion Universe" was not yet a legal card. A lot of people
loved "Exarion Universe", myself included. Unfortunately it isn't technically correct for the format setting.
Those that build decks to exclude "Exarion Universe" because they're used to the April 2005 Forbidden & Limited List and existing cards at the time would be at a disadvantage. Players that are wishing to play Goat Format with Exarion Universe are perfectly capable of playing "Goat Format" in Unlimited with a Duel Note that stated something along the lines of "Goat + Exarion", which I'm certain would attract the correct type of attention.

I would hate to see the Goat Format Duel Section vanish because of a common disagreement that can already be resolved with resources already available to us.

quickpy01

Post #3 by quickpy01 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm not sure what resources you're talking about considering most links talking about goat format and most standard goat decklists all include Exarion. Like I said, it was legal at SJC Boston and that's usually the point of the format which people play. Yes, it wasn't legal for the majority of the format back then, but that's like saying Lost Millenium isn't legal either because it came out 2 months into the format. The argument is where in goat format do we play in? And typically, that argument is about Cybernetic Revolution not Exarion. If you do a search about goat format I think most would agree the point that we play in now is the latest tournament pre-CRV, which is SJC Boston. And Exarion was legal for that tournament.

XtevensChannel

Post #4 by XtevensChannel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:53 am

Currently, the standard Duelingbook follows is that only cards that were released before September of 2005 are legal for Goat Format. However, because there are many users who object to the fact that Exarion Universe isn't an option, there may be a public vote at some point to determine that whether it should be included or not.

Jazz

Post #5 by Jazz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 pm

quickpy01 wrote:If you do a search about goat format I think most would agree the point that we play in now is the latest tournament pre-CRV, which is SJC Boston. And Exarion was legal for that tournament.

This is not true. There was never a tournament with Exarion without CRV. The two were released together. SJC Boston includes both.

Exarion only format is not only inferior, but it's also imaginary.

BTW, I run Format Library and I'm in the process of deleting all references to Exarion from the main Goat format section.

quickpy01

Post #6 by quickpy01 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:44 pm

After playing both, I have to disagree and say the format with Exarion is much more enjoyable. Buffing goats and spirit reaper just makes games last longer. Trap Dustshoot gets better as well since you don't want to overcommit to the board and aren't putting any pressure so it's live much more often. And having perfect information isn't very skillful or enjoyable when they draw it/them at the right times. Then there's the rogue decks. While it does help some, I feel like it makes the better ones weaker. Like Zoo and Chaos Control. And so rogue becomes more of the same tier UNDER standard instead of having contenders. Imo.

Legality is something that's been debated, but events or not, being legal for week or not, my focus is a good and enjoyable format moving forward. We are not at the end of 2005 and if we have to say we are playing at the end of the format and doing a gentleman's agreement in not using Cybernetic Revolution so Exarion can be played, we should. For the longevity of the format and attracting new players, I feel like it's necessary.

Markus
Mood:

Post #7 by Markus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:15 pm

never play yugioh again if you think exarion universe was legal during goat format. curse the day that reggie silva got high and said "hey guys look this card exists in goat!" and everyone started playing it.

quickpy01

Post #8 by quickpy01 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:15 am

I just think No Exarion is holding the growth of the format back. Most of the time I see Goats played irl, it's Exarion Goats. And I think it's time to give it a shot here as the default goat format. I don't care about being "politically correct" on legality. We know why we don't include CRV. We've had regular No Exarion Goats here for a good while now and it isn't growing. So let's try the format that made it resurge in popularity in the first place.

Markus
Mood:

Post #9 by Markus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:05 am

actually it was popular before exarion universe was discovered by reggie silva. he played it when it was popularized. he showed everybody. you're just dumb.

you think anyone would've ever brought goat back for everyone to play if exarion universe was around? that card is literally comparable to bls in strength.

Markus
Mood:

Post #10 by Markus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:10 am

literally here just read this fucking article allen pennington wrote on exarion universe you god damn idiot.

duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/topic/165020-a-treatise-regarding-exarion-universe/

MadRest

Post #11 by MadRest » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 pm

quickpy01 wrote:I just think No Exarion is holding the growth of the format back.

The format itself is holding the format back... There shouldn't be any growth if you're playing an old format.

Return to “Suggestions”