Save/Change Email Address

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
KaitoPrower

Save/Change Email Address

Post #1 by KaitoPrower » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 am

Obviously, the forums section here is a wonderful addition to the DB community, but sadly it doesn't seem like there is a way to change, or even add, an email address to your profile. The forums have notifications and thread subscriptions, but they do little to no good if I can't receive a notification about a new reply to a thread I'm subscribed to without having to come to the forums themselves first.

Perhaps I'm missing it, but the area in my user panel for changing passwords includes a line about changing your email address, but there is no section on that page for email at all, let alone changes/additions. I know I had to include my email when I signed up for my DB account, but I can't seem to find it anywhere...

I mean, maybe I'm misunderstanding how the notification/subscription system works here, but I've not received any emails regarding topics that have gotten new replies that I'm subscribed to since I started on the forums.

Thanks!
SACRIFICE
What if all the plans you made
Were not worth the price they paid?
Even with the lives you stole
Still no closer to your goal...

NoahC92
Mood:

Post #2 by NoahC92 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 pm

You can change your notification setting in the "Board Preferences" tab of the User Control Panel.
RC-1, PC-1, & DC-1 certified KDE judge
DN Admin 2/14/16 until shutdown
DB Judge since 6/12/17

Matmasta
Mood:

Post #3 by Matmasta » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:36 pm

Yeah use the above to get email notifs.

Also, you can't change your email because it's linked to your DB account.

KaitoPrower

Post #4 by KaitoPrower » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 am

My issue is that I HAVE my notifications turned on for here, but I have not received anything since I came onto the forums. I thought I had set up my account with my primary email, but nothing here uses it and it also does not display anywhere, since you apparently cannot change it...
SACRIFICE
What if all the plans you made
Were not worth the price they paid?
Even with the lives you stole
Still no closer to your goal...

Return to “Suggestions”