"Unofficial" Judge in Unrated Match

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
wind-up10

"Unofficial" Judge in Unrated Match

Post #1 by wind-up10 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 am

Hi. In the past i organized a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments using online simulators, but several times i found problems in ensure that all players involved in the tournament follow rules of tournament and of the game.

Actually there is not a easy way to allow a person to do
" the judge " for online tournament organizer during a unrated match in Dueling Book.
Yes we can watch the match and write in specator chat etc but it is not the same thing, and you know what i mean if not in rated duels judges shouldn't use players chat to write but specators chat, so everyone know that it is useful write in the players chat for judges.

I suggest ( Idk if that is possible ) to give the chance to the player that host the match in unrated to chose 1 player that he wants as judge ( in same way we do it with the opponent ) and during that match the chosen player has some rated judge abilites, so: write in players chat with a green name, stop the game and give penalties if a player is not respecting rules like IRL yugioh events. That should be useful for everyone that decide to organize unofficial online tournaments, but useless for random unrated matches i guess .

What do you think?

Idk if someone asked the same in the past cause i didn't read all posts.

the flaming storm

Post #2 by the flaming storm » Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 pm

judges and tournament organizers exist so theres literally no need for other

Runzy
Mood:

Post #3 by Runzy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:59 pm

the flaming storm wrote:judges and tournament organizers exist so theres literally no need for other

For their own unrated tournaments as (Tournament Organizers and Judges don't handle that) might want to read what they said. Would be cool if there was a way to give someone in game permission (For a specific duel not actual all around permission) it would make it easier for those handling their own tournaments.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

wind-up10

Post #4 by wind-up10 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 pm

the flaming storm wrote:judges and tournament organizers exist so theres literally no need for other

You are talking about DB forum tournaments, but i'm not meaning that. I'm saying if someone out from that forum/site wants organize a tournament with friends or in a forum etc there is not a way to judge a match, moreover spectators can't check logs and nothing so it is impossible say if a player is respecting ruling, or maybe a spectator didn't see all moves made by a player cause he was doing something else in a specific moment cause players didn't need help for ruling etc and is not easy restore the game state of a match in that way.
An unofficial judge chosen by a player that host the duel during unrated match can resolve that and make easier organize unofficial tournament for others.

wind-up10

Post #5 by wind-up10 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Idk why are you spamming shit posts here but the aim of my post is suggest a thing and speak about that idea with admins or moderators. So i prefer don't see useless posts here.

Genexwrecker

Post #6 by Genexwrecker » Fri May 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Message me your discord
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

wind-up10

Post #7 by wind-up10 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Message me your discord

I've sent you a pm

Return to “Suggestions”