Remove Singles in Ranked

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Yang Xiao Long

Re: Remove Singles in Ranked

Post #41 by Yang Xiao Long » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm

I wouldn't mind an OCG pool to be honest
Hashira | Tournament Organizer | Tournament Champion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Markus
Mood:

Post #42 by Markus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:17 pm

just have a goat pool and a tcg current pool

Ris3

Post #43 by Ris3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:21 am

Markus wrote:Implement die roll please. Rock Paper Scissors is NOT random for who goes first or second.

I remember a DN admin saying the reason for RPS instead of the system randomly deciding is because he didn't want people bitching about the RNG favoring one person or the other. It was honestly really retarded and provided no reasoning as to why RPS was superior to RNG.

It was on the old Dueling Network forums, so good luck digging up that thread

Maximillion Pegasus

Post #44 by Maximillion Pegasus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 am

The only thing to implement is a separate ranking for TCG and OCG. It makes no sense to me why ranking is integrated into both formats. In any case, Singles is for quick and dirty test deck runs, if you take rankings on Singles seriously (this is speaking from someone who went full wooper/Megumin and got -100 rating at a point) then you are playing the wrong pool.

Twisted Soul

Post #45 by Twisted Soul » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:57 am

Hardly anyone plays Ocg. Don't think there needs to be separate rankings for both. If someone wants to check how they are doing in tcg or ocg they can use their duel records to check that doesnt mean it needs to be displayed on their profile or in a specific ranking scheme. There is nothing wrong with singles or how the rating system currently is. If you play matches, singles shouldn't affect you so why change that? Honestly I see no point to any of this.
Until we meet again.

flaming_ice

Post #46 by flaming_ice » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:46 am

cherieontop wrote:Im kinda late to the discussion but i really like this idea!

- The luck factor is much higher in Singles making it not well suited for competitive play, in my opinion.
- It would also increase competition with the player base not being split.
- Unlike on DN, the rating system rewards a singles win more than a match win, for LESS time effort. Singles ratings are inflated for that reason. At least make it balanced if this doesnt get implemented.

I would love separate Rankings for TCG & OCG. Mebbe it would give some life to the OCG pool. Ratings would be reset whenever the OCG banlist changes instead of doing it the TCG way.

very true... they still have no idea they actually affecting matches by stealing the player base for easy games to gain rating... they didn't know playing matches will help them to get better at the game by playing the game how it should be played... The reason why no one is playing OCG is it doesn't have its own rankings... please implement this asap...

hahayadudesicklmao

Post #47 by hahayadudesicklmao » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:54 pm

there are too few people on the website to have a matches and singles pool

that is why rating and matchmaking are so random right now, not enough players in each pool

condensing it only to matches will imrpoev competitiveness of the pool for only that reason

Twisted Soul

Post #48 by Twisted Soul » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 pm

hahayadudesicklmao wrote:there are too few people on the website to have a matches and singles pool

that is why rating and matchmaking are so random right now, not enough players in each pool

condensing it only to matches will imrpoev competitiveness of the pool for only that reason

Doesn't mean the single players will then play matches.
Until we meet again.

hahayadudesicklmao

Post #49 by hahayadudesicklmao » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Twisted Soul wrote:
hahayadudesicklmao wrote:there are too few people on the website to have a matches and singles pool

Doesn't mean the single players will then play matches.

its more likely that they will instead of giving up on playing rated altogether, what a horrible argument

as it stands grinders from old skool dn dont see a reason to play rated on here, populate the pool and make it more stable and people will come

Christen57

Post #50 by Christen57 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:37 pm

Twisted Soul wrote:Hardly anyone plays Ocg. Don't think there needs to be separate rankings for both. If someone wants to check how they are doing in tcg or ocg they can use their duel records to check that doesnt mean it needs to be displayed on their profile or in a specific ranking scheme. There is nothing wrong with singles or how the rating system currently is. If you play matches, singles shouldn't affect you so why change that? Honestly I see no point to any of this.

You have a nice point, but I have to disagree here. Ocg has the better banlist in my opinion and is also not being dominated by just a few decks so there is more variety in the meta, so a few people would still play it. There is nothing wrong with having separate rankings for TCG and OCG. People play Variety is very nice in this card game, so people can choose between tcg and ocg freely. OCG is also great for testing some new cards.

I think duel records should not matter since banlists change from time to time anyways.

Kara Kalinowski

Post #51 by Kara Kalinowski » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm

OCG rankings would be almost meaningless since barely anyone plays it.

flaming_ice

Post #52 by flaming_ice » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 am

people would play OCG when it has its own rankings... same reason why people play singles even its not a proper format and doesn't even exist irl...

Lost in Illusions

Post #53 by Lost in Illusions » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 pm

remove singles man why we even have it

Markus
Mood:

Post #54 by Markus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:55 am

btw if you're going to keep singles at least make sure you make it worth like half or 1/3rd of the value in exp etc that matches are so that there isn't extra incentive playing singles than matches. matches is the competitive format of yugioh so it should give you the most. i think that everyone should try to be the best at this game so its good to try and support that type of thing.

Twisted Soul

Post #55 by Twisted Soul » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Gl with that.
Until we meet again.

Yang Xiao Long

Post #56 by Yang Xiao Long » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:11 pm

remove singles. OCG Format needed!
Hashira | Tournament Organizer | Tournament Champion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Markus
Mood:

Post #57 by Markus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 am

multiple mods and several users agree with us. can we please implement this? who do i go to to get this done?

Pfannkuchen

Post #58 by Pfannkuchen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Markus wrote:multiple mods and several users agree with us. can we please implement this? who do i go to to get this done?

Just because a bunch of people ageee mean that this change will be done. We are Not able to fix auch things as non-programmers :P

Mike Dracena

Post #59 by Mike Dracena » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm

HAHAHAHAHA NICE JOKE ;) ocg is trash, nobody is interested in playing ocg, Duelingbook is tcg and it will always be like that.

No matter how many times you ask for it, that will never happen because nobody plays the crap ocg.

Match and singles is fine and honestly DB should eliminate ocg because almost nobody plays (nobody).

And if you like ocg so much, go to ygopro.

MMF

Post #60 by MMF » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:22 pm

lol monarch snows contributions to this thread are so fucking sick

"There's no issue with singles. Let them be."

>explain many many issues with having rated singles

"There's no issue with singles. Let them be."

Return to “Suggestions”